Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignoring government advice on phasing

Options
  • 06-05-2020 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Last week my company was preparing to open the main office as soon as they thought they'd be allowed. Which was 11th May. Since the government's anouncements on Friday, we all assumed everything would be on hold until middle of June at earliest. But no, full steam ahead, no reference to the revised advice on phases 1- 6. Lots of talk of social distancing and hand sanitisers, etc, but can they do that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,974 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

what industry?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Make It Real

I've seen an increase in places open that shouldn't really be, in the past week or so. Some with limitations and precautions granted.

Do you know when competing companies are opening? It might form the basis for a question on why yours is opening earlier.

Do you / colleagues have a "voice" in any way to ask about the reopening versus official dates? I presume the company has some rationale / line they are taking to justify it.

I assume your concern here is for your personal safety rather than the company being caught breaking the rules?

That might be the best point to concentrate on, to get it as good as possible and, if you're still not reassured, you could look into taking it further somehow.

Advertisement