Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure washer.

Options
  • 06-05-2020 11:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi

Not really a request as such, just looking for an opinion on which is the best bargain. The people in this forum seem to have a good knowledge of these things and seem very helpful so said I’d post here

looking to purchase a power hose.

My use: cleaning patio, concrete paths, tarmacadam and washing cars. Essentially general use around the house.

If the choice was between

1. Lidl: Parkside Phd 170A1 for 100 Euro.

2. Argos or Amazon: Nilfisk C120 for about 100, depending on deals etc.

Lidl has a 10 meter hose V Nilfisk 5/8 meter.
    Lidl has 2400 watt motor V Nilfisk 1400 watt.
    Lidl has max pressure 170 Bar V Nilfisk 120 Bar. So a good bit more powerful.
    However - Lidl has 450 litres/hr V Nilfisk 440 litres/hr. so very close here.
    Lidl has an integrated reel to wind up the hose V Nilfisk not integrates. This could be very handy in the Lidl one.
    Lidl has a good few accessories.

Will the above make any difference in the real world and for my use.

Both have aluminium pumps.
    Would like a relatively QUIET one.

Which one do you think is the best choice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭sector_000

I got the Lidl Parkside Phd 170A1 one back in Feb/Mar. I'm happy with it.
    Perfect for washing the car.
    Suitable I reckon for cobble lock cleaning and patio cleaning too.
    Besides the apparent higher performance (Watts, pressure etc) and the long hose.... what swung it for me was the 3 year warranty.
    It's also much lighter than old pressure washer which stopped working after several years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

sector_000 wrote: »
    I got the Lidl Parkside Phd 170A1 one back in Feb/Mar. I'm happy with it.
    Perfect for washing the car.
    Suitable I reckon for cobble lock cleaning and patio cleaning too.
    Besides the apparent higher performance (Watts, pressure etc) and the long hose.... what swung it for me was the 3 year warranty.
    It's also much lighter than old pressure washer which stopped working after several years.

Thanks for reply.

How are the noise levels? Is it fairly quiet?

I wouldn't describe it as quiet. But similar noise to my old washer. The motor comes on when you click the gun to spray.... turns off when you release the trigger (same as my old). Not sure if that's standard.
    Think of it as louder than a hair dryer, but not as loud as a lawn mower!

I wouldn't describe it as quiet. But similar noise to my old washer. The motor comes on when you click the gun to spray.... turns off when you release the trigger (same as my old). Not sure if that's standard.
    Think of it as louder than a hair dryer, but not as loud as a lawn mower!

noted.

its a relatively powerful unit, do you find you have to be careful with it on the car with the paint work etc?

You always need to be careful with a press washer. But you can adjust the end nozzle to make it more or less powerful. And obviously also you can vary exactly how close you go to the bodywork. Never found it a problem myself.
    BTW, there's a 2nd lance that comes with it that you'd definitely only use on a patio or cobblelock. That'd be bad for a car!

I had actually bought a new Karcher press washer on sale from Halfords a week or so before. But before I got around to using it, the Lidl one came up... and as it was slightly cheaper, with 3 year warranty, aluminum pump, more powerful, and a longer hose, I swiftly returned the Karcher (unopened!) to Halfords.

BTW I don't know the Nilfisk C120.

You could try looking on Which.co.uk. Take a free trial. At one time they had a review of power washers... but I think they referenced an earlier version of the Lidl Parkside one. But worth checking again.

• Advertisement

You always need to be careful with a press washer. But you can adjust the end nozzle to make it more or less powerful. And obviously also you can vary exactly how close you go to the bodywork. Never found it a problem myself.
    BTW, there's a 2nd lance that comes with it that you'd definitely only use on a patio or cobblelock. That'd be bad for a car!

I had actually bought a new Karcher press washer on sale from Halfords a week or so before. But before I got around to using it, the Lidl one came up... and as it was slightly cheaper, with 3 year warranty, aluminum pump, more powerful, and a longer hose, I swiftly returned the Karcher (unopened!) to Halfords.

BTW I don't know the Nilfisk C120.

You could try looking on Which.co.uk. Take a free trial. At one time they had a review of power washers... but I think they referenced an earlier version of the Lidl Parkside one. But worth checking again.

Thanks again. Interesting the way you returned a bought Karcher for the Lidl one ;)

Anyone have any other thoughts on Lidl V Nilfisk?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Anyone have any other thoughts on Lidl V Nilfisk?
    3 years no-crib warranty would sell me.

see this being sold in Lidl this morning, didnt notice it advertised etc

https://imgur.com/a/8O5TvLH

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

see this being sold in Lidl this morning, didnt notice it advertised etc

https://imgur.com/a/8O5TvLH

What branch was that? Think they were on sale a few weeks ago.

What branch was that? Think they were on sale a few weeks ago.

In the West. Have not seen this brand on sale before. It’s not ‘Parkside’ - it is ‘Powerplus’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

I have the Nilfisk c120, got on Amazon about a year ago. Mainly for the car, but does a good job on the paths too. One thing I found with the Nilfisk is it is easy enough to come across extra things. I got a car accessory pack in Argos for it. Had a brush, angled head for wheel arches, a soft spray for rinses and a snow foam canon.would like it to be more powerful sometimes, but that’s what the more expensive ones do. Brother got one as he liked mine. One thing I heard about it vrs karcher was the insides are metal where as karcher are plastic and prone to crack

matchthis wrote: »
    I have the Nilfisk c120, got on Amazon about a year ago. Mainly for the car, but does a good job on the paths too. One thing I found with the Nilfisk is it is easy enough to come across extra things. I got a car accessory pack in Argos for it. Had a brush, angled head for wheel arches, a soft spray for rinses and a snow foam canon.would like it to be more powerful sometimes, but that’s what the more expensive ones do. Brother got one as he liked mine. One thing I heard about it vrs karcher was the insides are metal where as karcher are plastic and prone to crack

Thanks for input. So sounds like a Nilfisk c110 would be a bit underpowered.

What did you pay for the c120 amazon can you recall?

Was on offer at the time for around €105 with patio and small brush attachment, which I've used once

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSYCQ8N/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_1aPTEbTH1FG2B

Picked up this too, was €33 in argos at the time

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06WLJ2FSH/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_3gPTEbJ75Z94B

They both go up and down in price a good bit. Only other thing I would like is a longer hose from the unit to the gun as I do 2 cars at the once

Was on offer at the time for around €105 with patio and small brush attachment, which I've used once

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSYCQ8N/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_1aPTEbTH1FG2B

Picked up this too, was €33 in argos at the time

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06WLJ2FSH/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_3gPTEbJ75Z94B

They both go up and down in price a good bit. Only other thing I would like is a longer hose from the unit to the gun as I do 2 cars at the once

105 Euro is a good deal for a nilfisk 120 with the auto and small brush attachment.

How long is the hose with your version - 6 metres is it?

Do you reckon a 110 is too weak?

6 or 8, would be grand for one car, it's just the way I wash the cars. It would save me having to go back up and move it. Think I found a place before that would do a 10 metre for abou €45. Its powerful enough, I'm just use to using the power washers at petrol stations and that's not a fair comparison. I clean the cars a good bit with it so it's more than paid for itself. I would want to see the difference in power rather than read about it before spending more

6 or 8, would be grand for one car, it's just the way I wash the cars. It would save me having to go back up and move it. Think I found a place before that would do a 10 metre for abou €45. Its powerful enough, I'm just use to using the power washers at petrol stations and that's not a fair comparison. I clean the cars a good bit with it so it's more than paid for itself. I would want to see the difference in power rather than read about it before spending more

The Nilfisk110 has a 5 metre hose , that’s what’s putting me off it a bit......may just be a bit short.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

I see Aldi have a pressure washer from ferrex on the 8th April.

Are these any good?
    It sure if it’s an aluminium pump or not, anybody know?

Advertisement