Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quarantine accommodation

Options
  • 07-05-2020 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭

Hey!

I am currently living in Asia but my tourist visa in Malaysia is due to expire soon and am worried they won't renew it and I will be forced to leave. Very few options are open to me here in Asia so it is looking likely I will have to return to Ireland.

Unfortunately, as I have elderly parents I can't stay with them for the initial time I return and will need to isolate for at least 2 weeks.

So am wondering does anyone know of any not too expensive short term let studio or small apartments? Preferably Dublin or my home county of Monaghan.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hi Witchie....looking forward to Tayto?

Unsure if this helps, you might fall under the section for people that have to quarantine.

https://www2.hse.ie/services/coronavirus-self-isolation-facilities/coronavirus-self-isolation-facilities.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Hi Witchie....looking forward to Tayto?

Unsure if this helps, you might fall under the section for people that have to quarantine.

https://www2.hse.ie/services/coronavirus-self-isolation-facilities/coronavirus-self-isolation-facilities.html

Tayto and real chipper chips. :D

Thanks for that. I did look at that a few weeks ago but didn't qualify then. They seem to have added the "been told to self-isolate" criteria now as before it was only for people with symptoms etc.

My only issue with this place is no self catering. I am veggie, have loads of allergies and a strong dislike for probably too many foods considering my already confined choices so will probably drive kitchen staff scatty. But that is the only issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Witchie wrote: »
    Tayto and real chipper chips. :D

Thanks for that. I did look at that a few weeks ago but didn't qualify then. They seem to have added the "been told to self-isolate" criteria now as before it was only for people with symptoms etc.

My only issue with this place is no self catering. I am veggie, have loads of allergies and a strong dislike for probably too many foods considering my already confined choices so will probably drive kitchen staff scatty. But that is the only issue!

If your only issue is dietary requirements, have you checked with the meal prep companies to see if any accommodate your requirements? Might be a bit grim but an option nonetheless.

Advertisement