Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POE camers without cable

• 07-05-2020 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I'm looking for a camera which is POE but which does not have a trailing cable. All of the camers I have looked at seem to have a trailing cable for power, reset and ethernet etc.

Can anyone recomend a camera that can mount directly with just an ethernet port built-in that I can attach to an Ethernet cable that is coming out from the brickwork.

PTZ would be an advantage and I'm looking for a dome style camera. This will be integrated with my BlueIris setup. Night vision is a must.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

I have not seen one and I would think that it will be hard to find one. The ethernet port itself is not sealed and would be prone to corrosion. The reason why there is a cable is that you would mount camera outside but keep the connections inside the house or weather sealed box.
    The potential option that I see is move the POE port inside the camera and then route the actual cable through the hole that was used by POE port, attach the connector to cable, plug it in and seal the camera. Now this assume that there is enough space for the cable, port and connector inside the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

IC realtime cameras usually come with just a pigtail which has an ethernet socket which is fully weather sealed and comes with a hood for the rj45 plug , some models also have a power input pigtail coming out the side of this but you can cut that off with no negative repercussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Hi folks.

I'm looking for a camera which is POE but which does not have a trailing cable. All of the camers I have looked at seem to have a trailing cable for power, reset and ethernet etc.

Can anyone recomend a camera that can mount directly with just an ethernet port built-in that I can attach to an Ethernet cable that is coming out from the brickwork.

PTZ would be an advantage and I'm looking for a dome style camera. This will be integrated with my BlueIris setup. Night vision is a must.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Axis dome cameras are like this, they have an actual Ethernet port and a grommit for your cable to pass through. They are very pricey though

Advertisement