Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting time for Covid Payment.

• 07-05-2020 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi

I’m just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long it’s taking for approval/refusal of Covid payment? My husband was on part time Jobseekers benefit but was let go due to business closure. He stayed on his JB up until end of April when he was told by DEASP staff that he should apply for Covid payment. He completed paper form on 21st April and dropped it back to local office as he was instructed to do. Following week he didn’t receive Covid payment just his usual JB. This week he received nothing. Called in to DEASP and was told paper form lost and to apply again. He completed form there and then with staff and he got a call a while later telling him he would need to speak to CWO about payment. He gave them a call and she didn’t know what was going on and just told him to apply online for payment and that his JB case was closed. He applied online for Covid on Tuesday. If he doesn’t receive anything next week that’s two weeks without anything coming in. At least if he heard this week either way he could go back to DEASP and ask for his JB case to be reopened in time for payment next week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

natc wrote: »
    Hi

I’m just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long it’s taking for approval/refusal of Covid payment? My husband was on part time Jobseekers benefit but was let go due to business closure. He stayed on his JB up until end of April when he was told by DEASP staff that he should apply for Covid payment. He completed paper form on 21st April and dropped it back to local office as he was instructed to do. Following week he didn’t receive Covid payment just his usual JB. This week he received nothing. Called in to DEASP and was told paper form lost and to apply again. He completed form there and then with staff and he got a call a while later telling him he would need to speak to CWO about payment. He gave them a call and she didn’t know what was going on and just told him to apply online for payment and that his JB case was closed. He applied online for Covid on Tuesday. If he doesn’t receive anything next week that’s two weeks without anything coming in. At least if he heard this week either way he could go back to DEASP and ask for his JB case to be reopened in time for payment next week.

Tell him to apply online - my wife had to do this when she was temporarily laid off and had the payment within 10 days of applying.

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/be74d3-covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-payment/#apply

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Tell him to apply online - my wife had to do this when she was temporarily laid off and had the payment within 10 days of applying.

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/be74d3-covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-payment/#apply

He did apply online. Just wondering how long is taking for people to hear back about an online application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

He did apply online. Just wondering how long is taking for people to hear back about an online application.

I believe they say 7-10 (working?) days and money then magically appears in a bank account. I think people hear only if they've been rejected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Sorry didn't see that part of your post - think notification is sent (not 100% sure if its through MyGovId) when it's under review etc. If he applied on Tues he may be in time to get the payment next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

I applied for my mum on Thursday evening.

Nothing back yet, no notification or anything.

The girl who lives in the apartment next door to me applied on a Friday and told me her payment was in her bank account the following Tuesday.

I find this hard to believe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I applied for my mum on Thursday evening.

Nothing back yet, no notification or anything.

The girl who lives in the apartment next door to me applied on a Friday and told me her payment was in her bank account the following Tuesday.

I find this hard to believe?

Your mums might be in her bank account tomorrow morning.
    That’s if all the details on her application are spot on.
    If they're not then she’ll be out of luck.
    I was staggered how many people made mistakes on a 1 page form.
    Not everyone got notification of the payment being approved.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Your mums might be in her bank account tomorrow morning.
    That’s if all the details on her application are spot on.
    If they're not then she’ll be out of luck.
    I was staggered how many people made mistakes on a 1 page form.
    Not everyone got notification of the payment being approved.

Thanks for that.

I went through it twice with a finecomb to make sure all was inout correctly.

Fingers crossed!

Hubbie rang today and was informed his payment was approved and will be in our bank account tomorrow. Guess it can be that quick if all the details are correct. He only found out because he rang today. No notification online/email or post.

May I ask - is it backdated?

My dad was telling her to apply for it when it became available but she never followed up on it, so she probably could have been collecting it for a number of weeks now

May I ask - is it backdated?

My dad was telling her to apply for it when it became available but she never followed up on it, so she probably could have been collecting it for a number of weeks now

I don’t think it is. I think if you applied earlier and it was rejected due to incorrect details or a clerical error it will be back dated to original submission date. This I think is done at a later date once claims drop off. With the sheer volume of claims in the beginning DEASP didn’t have the numbers to process all of that information and link claims.

They have also said that if someone received the payment in error they will collect that payment at a later date when they have the manpower to do so.

• Advertisement

Well not heard anything back so no news is good news hopefully

Husband received one payment today. He originally applied 3 weeks ago so no back payments were included in it. Just happy to have something coming back in to the house again!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

I don’t think it is. I think if you applied earlier and it was rejected due to incorrect details or a clerical error it will be back dated to original submission date. This I think is done at a later date once claims drop off. With the sheer volume of claims in the beginning DEASP didn’t have the numbers to process all of that information and link claims.

They have also said that if someone received the payment in error they will collect that payment at a later date when they have the manpower to do so.

I am curious as to where you found this information from. The consensus is unilaterally that the payments stop next month without exception. There are no specifics re benefits and payments after this other than a vague acceptance by the gov that they may have to be continued. Monies in lieu of missed payments are not mentioned.

eddie73 wrote: »
    I am curious as to where you found this information from. The consensus is unilaterally that the payments stop next month without exception. There are no specifics re benefits and payments after this other than a vague acceptance by the gov that they may have to be continued. Monies in lieu of missed payments are not mentioned.

It was information given to a family member over the phone from the dedicated DEASP Covid helpline when their application was messed up due to moving from one welfare payment to another. They had a gap of 3 weeks between one claim getting closed off and their PUP payment coming through. They were advised that once the claim was processed they would receive their €350 payment weekly and that any back payment would be processed separately and at a later date.

Thanks for the info. I received the opposite advice on the phone from the social welfare office. But I will accept yours as being from a specific covid helpline. The social welfare office may not have been up to speed on this and could have said anything to kick to touch.

Thanks for the info. I received the opposite advice on the phone from the social welfare office. But I will accept yours as being from a specific covid helpline. The social welfare office may not have been up to speed on this and could have said anything to kick to touch.

No problem. It’s worth noting though that this information was handed out over a month ago and as the situation is ever evolving I wouldn’t be surprised if the information you received was in fact the correct information now.

I will see if I can get an update from them as to whether they received any back payment yet or any confirmation in writing that such payment will be made

So how does it work exactly?

My mum received her first payment last week - how many more will she get? She works in a primary school so won't be returning to work for a while

So how does it work exactly?

My mum received her first payment last week - how many more will she get? She works in a primary school so won't be returning to work for a while

We have been given conflicting accounts of what will happen.

3 scenarios.

1 You are backdated to the date you list as date of 'last day at work'. How this balance is rectified is still unclear. It could just overlap with future emergency benefits. ie it is not payed. Or it may be payed in a separate lump sum.

2 You are compensated from the date your claim was processed successfully.

3 You are not backdated at all.

Nothing specific has been officially announced by the gov. as of yet. Only anecdotal accounts from different tax payers on what they were told by different regional social welfare offices.

I hope your mum gets what she is entitled to. She most likely, and I say most likely, will be assessed as any unemployed person in regular times will be after the emergency payments are finished being paid out. Whether she gets her outstanding balance is anyone's guess.

We have been given conflicting accounts of what will happen.

3 scenarios.

1 You are backdated to the date you list as date of 'last day at work'. How this balance is rectified is still unclear. It could just overlap with future emergency benefits. ie it is not payed. Or it may be payed in a separate lump sum.

2 You are compensated from the date your claim was processed successfully.

3 You are not backdated at all.

Nothing specific has been officially announced by the gov. as of yet. Only anecdotal accounts from different tax payers on what they were told by different regional social welfare offices.

I hope your mum gets what she is entitled to. She most likely, and I say most likely, will be assessed as any unemployed person in regular times will be after the emergency payments are finished being paid out. Whether she gets her outstanding balance is anyone's guess.

Thanks for that! :-)

She’s not worried about any outstanding balance or it to be backdated, she just wants to know how many weeks into the future does the payment continue and when it stops?

Thanks again

Thanks for that! :-)

She’s not worried about any outstanding balance or it to be backdated, she just wants to know how many weeks into the future does the payment continue and when it stops?

Thanks again

I think the payment is due to be paid up to the 8th of June. I could be wrong on that. However the government have said they will need to look at what happens after that date for people still effected by closures etc. my husbands employer isn’t allowed open back up until August 10th so we are unsure what will happen after June 8th.

I reckon they will reduce the payment after June 8th. It’s hard to see how they can sustain paying €350 a week for much longer

• Advertisement
Advertisement