Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer BTEA signing

• 07-05-2020 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, I've been receiving the BTEA for the last few years and come summer I've had to sign on. Has anyone heard if this will occur or has changed due to COVID?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Oddworld

niemad wrote: »
    Hi, I've been receiving the BTEA for the last few years and come summer I've had to sign on. Has anyone heard if this will occur or has changed due to COVID?

Hello
    I am in the same situation and I cannot find info anywhere. Sign-ons have stopped for the time being over Covid (as far as the gov.ie site states) I presume we have to sign on for the summer but I do not know as I cannot get through to the office. If anyone has information on this, please post it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

I haven't heard anything specific about BTEA. I would assume normal principles apply, ie that you must meet the conditions for Jobseekers over the summer period and will have to make an application. You would expect to be available for and looking for full-time work, although in the current environment, I wouldn't expect too much scrutiny on that end of things.

As signing on is currently suspended for all Jobseekers, you won't have to actually sign on, but as I understand it, there will be an automatic stop date built into your claim, so unless they change that, your payment will automatically stop when it gets to the end of the academic year.

If there is any interruption in your payment, or if there is delay in processing the Jobseekers application, you can of course apply for SWA from the Community Welfare Officer.

Advertisement