Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Underfloor Heating upstairs

• 07-05-2020 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Have been looking into heating options for a new build. Regular UFH downstairs with air pump has been decided.

Radiators upstairs recommended but not overly keen on them.

I was thinking of using electric underfloor heating/heat mats. I know it's more expensive to run compared to traditional UFH but seems cheap and easy to install. They are also better for small rooms than big rooms, but given the house will be very well insulated, would they be a good option?

Cant find much information online specifically for upstairs use, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭froshtyv

Hi folks,

Have been looking into heating options for a new build. Regular UFH downstairs with air pump has been decided.

Radiators upstairs recommended but not overly keen on them.

I was thinking of using electric underfloor heating/heat mats. I know it's more expensive to run compared to traditional UFH but seems cheap and easy to install. They are also better for small rooms than big rooms, but given the house will be very well insulated, would they be a good option?

Cant find much information online specifically for upstairs use, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What is your first floor make-up? Hollowcore or timber joists?

Budget price for underfloor depending on spec is between €18 - €19 per m2 for supply only ex vat.
    Might give you an idea of one versus the other.
    You would imagine the running costs over time of the electric would outway putting in a wet underfloor system?
    I am sure the electric has a life span also as its an electrical element you are heating, it will fail over time.

Advertisement