Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search and Rescue service tender invitation released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

Good questions.

Are the requirements typically made public or are they only revealed to those who apply to tender I wonder?

skallywag wrote: »
    Good questions.

Are the requirements typically made public are are they only revealed those those who apply to tender I wonder?

Only to those who tender

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Only to those who tender

how do you tender if you dont know what your are tendering for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

irishgeo wrote: »

They're available after you express legitimate interest.

https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Supplier/PublicPurchase/166430/0/0?returnUrl=&b=ETENDERS_SIMPLE

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Are there any other likely options besides a renewal for CHC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Are there any other likely options besides a renewal for CHC?

Babcock are another supplier.

I guess Bristow could also be interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Are they likely to stick with the same number of helicopters and bases ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

You would certainly think so, at least with the same number of operating machines and locations.

Just wonder how much money will be left to pay for all this once the covid situation has passed. Though that said, it is not all that long ago that there was one SAR machine operating out of Shannon, albeit I guess the Aer Corps were also providing some cover at that time as well on the East coast?

irishgeo wrote: »

As per reply no 5, it keeps the likes of you and I and journalists away. They basically make sure you are a legitimate entity first then give you the criteria and parameters of the tender so you can submit a proper tender to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭roadmaster

In Certain infrastructure contracts that are on frameworks apart from senior management the staff would just transfer to the new operator and keep there jobs. If CHC lost the contact would this be the same for the helicopter and ground crews?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

roadmaster wrote: »
    In Certain infrastructure contracts that are on frameworks apart from senior management the staff would just transfer to the new operator and keep there jobs. If CHC lost the contact would this be the same for the helicopter and ground crews?

They would most likely TUPE accross to new operator.
    https://employmentrightsireland.com/tag/tupe-regulations/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I heard from an extremely unreliable person that the new contract has stated that the coastguard may consider a smaller helicopter if it has the same range as the s92. The reason for it is that apparently its felt the S92 to bulky and heavy for getting close to certain hospitals. Would there be any truth in this or is it pure BS?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

roadmaster wrote: »
    I heard from an extremely unreliable person that the new contract has stated that the coastguard may consider a smaller helicopter if it has the same range as the s92. The reason for it is that apparently its felt the S92 to bulky and heavy for getting close to certain hospitals. Would there be any truth in this or is it pure BS?

It is certainly too big and heavy for some hospital helipads in the country.

I’d imagine for the rescues in the Dublin / Wicklow mountains and the general vicinity, something smaller would suffice, the Air Corps did it with Dauphins for years before CHC. I should also imagine the long range off shore rescues on the North, South and West Coasts justify the S92, especially when rescuing multiple individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭AnRothar

HTCOne wrote: »

I’d imagine for the rescues in the Dublin / Wicklow mountains and the general vicinity, something smaller would suffice, the Air Corps did it with Dauphins for years before CHC. I should also imagine the long range off shore rescues on the North, South and West Coasts justify the S92, especially when rescuing multiple individuals.

Primary role is Maritime SAR.
    Mountain rescue is a nice add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Markcheese wrote: »
    Are they likely to stick with the same number of helicopters and bases ?

I really would hope so, they are very busy.

Advertisement