Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Charged for Covid-19 Phone Consultation

Options
  • 07-05-2020 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I saw it reported recently that GP's will not charge patients for phone consultations relating to Covid-19 symptoms and referrals of patients to get tested. This shall be covered by the HSE.

In the event where a patient called their GP regarding Covid-19 symptoms the day before this announcement, is the patient entitled to a refund where they were charged over the phone for the consultation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,580 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

tempnam wrote: »
    I saw it reported recently that GP's will not charge patients for phone consultations relating to Covid-19 symptoms and referrals of patients to get tested. This shall be covered by the HSE.

In the event where a patient called their GP regarding Covid-19 symptoms the day before this announcement, is the patient entitled to a refund where they were charged over the phone for the consultation?

If the conversation took place before the government paid service came into effect, your GP will not get paid for your phone consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

Dav010 wrote: »
    If the conversation took place before the government paid service came into effect, your GP will not get paid for your phone consultation.

I paid €30 for cv19 phone consultation on march 18th. Should l get this back or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Deal was agreed on the 16th I think but I'm not sure when it actually came in. You can ask but don't expect to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

L1011 wrote: »
    Deal was agreed on the 16th I think but I'm not sure when it actually came in. You can ask but don't expect to get.

I asked the GP but he said all cv19 consultation is €30 at all times. Who else can l ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's it basically. Not every GP is eligible to claim the state fee which may be the case here.

You can try find a new GP but that is close to impossible in normal times let alone now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement