Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing during lockdown

Options
  • 07-05-2020 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Just wondering are physical viewings during lockdown allowed?

Looking at Dublin, outside of 5km (& 20km) zone of current location. Worried that Gardai will view as non-essential journey if stopped.

I know some places are doing 'video tours' but I wouldn't like to commit to a place until viewing it (at a physical distance from LL/EA).

I've returned from abroad so moving from family home to rental (as opposed to from another rental).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Closest I've seen on the issue:
    Slydice wrote: »
    I did notice this bit which gives me a bit better understanding of the rental sector and it's relationship the emergency. It's the first I can remember seeing where the question of what is not deemed essential has been written:
    In a house share, if one tenant moves out, can the landlord move a new tenant in?
    Such letting activity should not occur during the COVID-19 emergency period as it has not been deemed essential by Government. The temporary restriction on the movement of people aims to halt the spread of the disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2020/si/121/made/en/print
    Restriction of movement of applicable persons

4. (1) An applicable person shall not leave his or her place of residence without reasonable excuse.

(2) Without prejudice to the generality of what constitutes a reasonable excuse for the purposes of paragraph (1), such reasonable excuse includes an applicable person leaving his or her place of residence (in this paragraph referred to as the “relevant residence”) to -

[..]

(p) move to another residence where, in all the circumstances of the case, such movement is reasonably necessary,

but viewing doesn't seem to be covered by that exception

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Im moving to a rental property next week and im renting it without viewing it.

The only reason for this is that i dont expect to live there for more than a few months, so i can deal with it not being perfect. Im renting on a monthly rolling contract so there is no big risk. No way id do this if i was locked into a 12 month contract.

The estate agent was only doing video viewings, no viewings in person allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

jc2008 wrote: »
    Just wondering are physical viewings during lockdown allowed?

Looking at Dublin, outside of 5km (& 20km) zone of current location. Worried that Gardai will view as non-essential journey if stopped.

I know some places are doing 'video tours' but I wouldn't like to commit to a place until viewing it (at a physical distance from LL/EA).

I've returned from abroad so moving from family home to rental (as opposed to from another rental).

its not essential. stay at home and view it in August

Advertisement