Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wishful8

Congrats everyone.

Due 12th January.
    Do you think there is going to be a baby boom due to the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BahamaBreeze

I expect the maternity hospitals will be busier than usual early next year for sure wishful8! Hoping I will be able to use the early transfer home service as I am in the catchment area.

I just received my first hospital appointment in the post. Scan and tests are on separate days strangely enough. I am gutted my partner won't be able to attend the scan and I will have to go alone. I'm already worried about it. Hoping they might ease the policy even slightly in the next 6 weeks. We will likely go for an early private scan anyway as this is our first and I don't want him to miss out, plus, while I know things can still change between the private scan and the first hospital scan, I think it will put me a bit more at ease if all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bella81

Hi girls how are ye all feeling? Im 5w3d and have zero symptoms. Not sure if i should have symptoms yet so just wanted to check in with ye. I wasnt sleeping great at all since lockdown but have slept well the last 3 nights. No frequent running to toilet. Was a little bloated 1 of the days at wend but thats about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Frankie19

Nausea has def kicked up a notch for me but still don't think it is as bad as last time from what I can remember. Seems worse in the evenings so I am trying to get out for walks as it helps take my mind of it. Really cold sparking water with ice and mi wadi lemon is helping take the edge of it so constantly sipping away.

My skin is in bits though. Anyone else have bad acne? My cheeks and back look like a pizza :-(

Hope everyone is well.

I expect the maternity hospitals will be busier than usual early next year for sure wishful8! Hoping I will be able to use the early transfer home service as I am in the catchment area.

I just received my first hospital appointment in the post. Scan and tests are on separate days strangely enough. I am gutted my partner won't be able to attend the scan and I will have to go alone. I'm already worried about it. Hoping they might ease the policy even slightly in the next 6 weeks. We will likely go for an early private scan anyway as this is our first and I don't want him to miss out, plus, while I know things can still change between the private scan and the first hospital scan, I think it will put me a bit more at ease if all goes well.

I would check with the private scan their policy on partners as well Bahamabreeze. My SIL booked a private scan and they wouldnt let the husbund in either. She was devastated. Maybe some places have different policies so would be worth checking.

• Advertisement

Thanks Frankie, i do feel i cant eat as much as usual i.e. i have a bowl of porridge each morning and mightnt be able to finish but no real nausea to report.

I have acne rosecea, my skin always flares around ovulation and this time it never eased and became quite bad on my chin but that seems to have calmed down but my chin is quite dry and flaky. I read that acne usually gets bad from week 6. This is my 2nd pregnancy but my other one was 5 years ago but i do remember my skin getting quite bad then also so im expecting a big flare up.

I guess i should be happy ive no major symptoms. I saw my consultant in monday and he has me booked in for a scan in 2 weeks so hopefully all will be ok then

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Congrats to all the new joiners. Wishful8 we've the same due date! Though I expect to be sectioned so might be done and dusted slightly earlier than the 12st.

@Bella81 I have used the BabyCentre app previously, i have downloaded it this time around too but really paying much attention to it. But I was good enough the last time as far as i recall.

@Frankie19 I've never had Mi Wadi lemon, I must give it a go, do you think its the lemon helps the nausea? The orange one repeats on me a bit. Im drinking sparkling water alright but it goes flat so quick and i really think its the bubbles that help, it'd be good to have something else to take the edge off that doesnt involve eating. The nausea seems to be constant at the moment, not as sick as last time but its just there in the back ground from morning till night, I'm over it already lol

Finally got through to the GP today so waiting for a callback. Still didnt contact the hospital though :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mammy2tobe

The tiredness is getting to me now, struggling to keep my eyes open come 9pm.
    Feeling very nauseous so struggling to eat but still putting on weight very quick (already!) We’re beginning to wonder if it’s twins!!

Frankie19 wrote: »
    I would check with the private scan their policy on partners as well Bahamabreeze. My SIL booked a private scan and they wouldnt let the husbund in either. She was devastated. Maybe some places have different policies so would be worth checking.

Thanks Frankie19, will definitely check this before we book.

Congrats to all the new joiners :)

Still feeling nauseous on and off here at the minute but find eating something small helps and definitely feeling the tiredness now too.

@Bella81. Yep feeling full quickly is another symptom. I find it especially happens at dinner. I'm sure all is fine and you are one of the lucky ones to escape the nausea!

@justwhatithink I find sour stuff helped with the nausea the last time. I remember I got these hard sweets with fizzy bitter lemon inside them on my last pregnancy and they helped so tried the mi wadi this time to try be healthier and its working thankfully. Also find pretzels help as well to snack on.

• Advertisement

Mammy2tobe wrote: »
    The tiredness is getting to me now, struggling to keep my eyes open come 9pm.
    Feeling very nauseous so struggling to eat but still putting on weight very quick (already!) We’re beginning to wonder if it’s twins!!

I feel bigger this time round as well but I'm hoping its bloat :-)

Not feeling bigger yet but definitely more hungry. I would usually eat dinner around 7 in evening but finding the last week i need to be cooking by 530 at the latest to eat by 6. Also im hungrier, at 9 last night i had to have a bowl of cereal. Hoping this wont last as i lost 2 and half stonr over the last year and dont want to put it back on so trying to stay healthy as possible for this pregnancy. Cant wait for my first scan just to confirm all is ok

Congrats on the weightloss Bella81. I put on a lot of weight on my last pregnancy ....lost most of it during mat leave and then put a good bit back on when I went back to work so I'm also trying to be super healthy and try and not put on any weight in first trimester. I had been losing weight up untill I found out....one of the benefits of lockdown!

Due to my weight and history of diabetes in the family I had to get the diabetes test done last time. Thankfully i didnt have it so hoping i can escape it this pregnancy aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

@Bella81. Yep feeling full quickly is another symptom. I find it especially happens at dinner. I'm sure all is fine and you are one of the lucky ones to escape the nausea!

@justwhatithink I find sour stuff helped with the nausea the last time. I remember I got these hard sweets with fizzy bitter lemon inside them on my last pregnancy and they helped so tried the mi wadi this time to try be healthier and its working thankfully. Also find pretzels help as well to snack on.

Thanks for that @Frankie19, I might try the lemon. Really struggling with the nausea and tiredness now too. I feel sick constantly at the moment and its making me miserable. Im eating smaller meals too but seems like Im hungry every hour and being hungry makes me nauseous, when I eat I'm nauseous, after i eat Im nauseous...and i just want to sleep all the time so that I dont have to deal with the nausea...but thats not very practical with a job and a 2.5 yr old at home. Having a really pity party for myself today :pac:

Has anyone managed to buy new bras yet? Someone on the Dec thread recommeded the Boob or Bust website, I followed their guidelines and input my measurements and it gave me a recommeded buying size of 32G...Im normally 36C!!! So I didnt buy anything yet cause i thought the sizing was a bit mad...cant remember what bras I had the last time other than non-wired bras from M&S.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Life1234

Hi All,

I am 4 weeks and 4 days, due January 29th 2021 on our first baba too.

We have an early scan booked for the end of June - I am so excited!

I have been to GP (went at 3 weeks) to get checked & they were great in terms of social distancing etc. We filled out the combined forms & I am waiting on my 12 week scan date with The Coombe.

Feeling slightly nervous re Covid-19 and my partner not being able to come to the 12 week scan (especially as it is our first). But, the main thing is keeping me and baba safe and I get that.

How are you all feeling?

Congratulations Life1234! I feel the same way about the 12 scan so we booked a private early scan too and confirmed my partner can come to that at least. I'll be 8 weeks for the scan so hoping we get to see something. At least, I think I will be 8 weeks? It will 9 weeks since my last period but I have longer than average cycles so I'm guessing i'm actually gone a week less.

Still feeling very nauseous. I haven't actually got sick yet but I have been dry reaching when I smell something off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I got my appointment for the antenatal clinic this morning for June 22nd but I'll only be 9+4, I rang and they said the doctor decides when you should be seen, I think it's 4 early, my last pregnancy I was 13 weeks on the first appointment! Already have a private scan booked on the 13th

Congrats life1234.

Still nauseous myself. Seems to be worse in the evenings and if something stresses me out in work.

Early scan in the Rotunda on Wednesday and then my 12 weeks scan on the 3rd of July when I will be exactly 12 weeks. 9.5 weeks does seem early @newfarmerswife perhaps your hospital is quiet regarding bookings so can take you earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 countrylife123

Hi all, also due in Jan 2021, Congrats everyone ��

as has been mentioned about partners not being allowed in to first booking in scan, mine is mid June and I’ll be 10weeks exactly. Devastated as it’s our first, but completely understand the situation. Would anyone recommend any where to book an early scan where we could both attend, I’ll make sure with the clinic before I book for definite. Based in Tipperary so anywhere within Limerick, Tipperary, even Kilkenny ? Really appreciate it, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭chooey

Hi everyone, I'm also due in Jan 2021. It's number 2 for me. I had a miscarriage in March of this year at 7 weeks so I'm hoping that this one goes well. I'm going to phone on Tuesday and get booked in for my appointments. I've been holding off just making sure that the clearblue digital test kept proceeding from 2-3 weeks to 3 + which thankfully it did this time (didn't seem to proceed with my pregnancy which ended in miscarriage). Hope you're all enjoying the lovely weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Hi everyone, been lurking for a week or so, congrats to everyone. I'm due end of January so just 6 weeks and boy oh boy has the nausea hit this week. It just keeps coming in waves all day. I'm completely gone off food and cooking just feels like a horrendous chore!! So not normal for me, I love cooking and flavours and yummy food. Now all I want is toast and cream crackers! First pregnancy so hoping that this part doesn't last too long.

Am booked into Holles Street, first appointment mid-July when I'm 13 weeks, thinking of getting early scan and harmony test, had thought to get the panorama cause can get it a week earlier and they include a scan anyway but it seems to only work for single pregnancies and I'm paranoid about twins (family history and age both factors) so now we're thinking of early scan at 8 weeks check there is only one in there and then the harmony at 10.

Congrats all.

Anyone else absolutely starving all the time?. Like painful tummy rumbling your that hungry. I could eat lunch and then 20 mins later be starving again. Its bizarre as nausea is also pretty bad at the moment. Yesterday was so awful that I just had to go lie down for a few hour's.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭chooey

Yes, I could literally eat everything in front of me. I have no nausea at all though-almost wish I had a bit to stop me eating!

Hi all, also due in Jan 2021, Congrats everyone ��

as has been mentioned about partners not being allowed in to first booking in scan, mine is mid June and I’ll be 10weeks exactly. Devastated as it’s our first, but completely understand the situation. Would anyone recommend any where to book an early scan where we could both attend, I’ll make sure with the clinic before I book for definite. Based in Tipperary so anywhere within Limerick, Tipperary, even Kilkenny ? Really appreciate it, thank you!

There's a place in kilkenny that do early scans, think it's about €150. Women's health group.I usually go to Dublin for private scan from tipperary. I asked about my husband coming to the one in Dublin and he can once he's well and hasn't travelled from another country

I'm tired and hungry, started dozing today on the couch but was so groggy after it. The nausea is just waiting to show, I'm really hoping to avoid it, it was so bad on my last pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Life1234

Hello ladies,

I hope you are all doing well. We have our early scan this month and we are so excited. The 26th of June & I think I will be 9 weeks then.

I am so tired, nauseous too & definitely more hungry. I am really glad to be working from home at the moment as I don't have to face colleagues when feeling crap.

I have done a digital clearblue pregnancy test each week and it went from 1-2 weeks, 2-3 weeks and now 3+ weeks so I am delighted to see the numbers jumping up.

Hope you are all keeping well.

Had my early scan today. All good thankfully and dates look right.

Back in 4 weeks for booking appt.

Still nauseous and hungry all the time. Hoping it will start to tail off in the next week or two. Pretty sure it was gone by 11 weeks the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mammy2tobe

Still nauseous and hungry all the time. Hoping it will start to tail off in the next week or two. Pretty sure it was gone by 11 weeks the last time.

That’s great! A lovely weight off your shoulders.

Congrats Frankie19, nice to have some reassurance. We have our early scan tomorrow too and I'm pretty nervous about it. I think we might be due in and around the same date (I'll be 8 weeks at the scan tomorrow going my dates). Can I ask if you were able to hear a heartbeat already?

• Advertisement

Congrats Frankie19, nice to have some reassurance. We have our early scan tomorrow too and I'm pretty nervous about it. I think we might be due in and around the same date (I'll be 8 weeks at the scan tomorrow going my dates). Can I ask if you were able to hear a heartbeat already?

Thanks yes its a relief to know everything is ok. I'm due the 13th of Jan or maybe 14th after todays scan but they said they would date me at 12 week appt.

Yes could hear it very clearly....was surprised by how clear it was so early. Doctor was also able to get a good view with an external scan instead of the other way which was good. Husbund couldn't come as it was in the hospital but I was given photo's to show him.

Advertisement