Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

SaraJan wrote: »
    I didn't get the form signed by GP, just filled it out and submitted it myself! Seems all OK though, because I've received 3 appointment dates.

Ah perfect, your sorted so.

I had combined care last time and this time with Holles St semi private so maybe it differs from one hospital to the next, but you'll be sorted with private Frankie19 just seeing your consultant.
    Happy enough anyways to keep seeing my GP as shes excellent and if my history from the last time repeats itself then it'll be good to have her support.

Dare i say it, I'm feeling slightly better yesterday and today...though i ate much less food yesterday cause i'm just so sick of feeling blah and eating boring food. Fingers crossed its a sign things are going in the right direction. Looking forward to the first scan now and getting the 'secret' out of the way, getting harder to hide now that restrictions are lifting and a people want to meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Life1234

Hi Ladies, 

How are we all doing? This pregnancy is flying in!

I am 11 weeks on Saturday. We went to an early scan at 8 weeks and everything was perfect thank god.

Im due in the Coombe on the 15th & I should be going to the Naas clinic but its not in use at the moment so I have to go to a clinic in Dublin instead (I am doing the domino scheme). 

I will be 12+4 on the day of the scan / app! 

I hope you are all feeling well. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Frankie19

12 weeks today . Had my appt this morning and all is perfect! Booked in again in 4 weeks and also booked my 20 weeks scan. Can't believe how quick it is going.

Still not feeling great but the last 3 days have been a big improvement. I was offered a prescription for cariban today but decided against it seeing as I'm feeling a bit better. Might regret that :-/. Doctor said sickness should be gone by 14 weeks and it would have peaked last week which is why I'm starting to feel better.

Hope everyone else is doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mammy2tobe

Had my first scan this morning. Baby measuring exactly on dates so absolutely thrilled, the relief is amazing!

Congrats Mammy2be. It's a great relief!

I told work last week. I will prob finish up just before Christmas. I more than likely won't be allowed back in the office even if it reopens to everyone. So weird knowing I prob wont be back in there till 2022!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭chooey

Unfortunately I had a miscarriage yesterday so bowing out. Best of luck to you all for beautiful bouncy babies in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

Hi folks,

Are people staycationing this year, or are you cautious about going away for a break due to Corona-fun?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

chooey wrote: »
    Unfortunately I had a miscarriage yesterday so bowing out. Best of luck to you all for beautiful bouncy babies in January.

Oh im so sorry to hear that. Mind yourself x

I'm really sorry Chooey, life is very cruel. Mind yourself.

Hi folks,

Are people staycationing this year, or are you cautious about going away for a break due to Corona-fun?!

We are doing a stay-cation in Sept, just 3 nights in a hotel with free cancellation. If things arent looking great nearer the time we can always cancel it.

We're also doing a joint holiday with some family, theyve small kids too, so theyre coming to us for a few days and we'll do activities based around our area and send the other couple out for dinner one night while we babysit. And then we'll all to the their house for a few days and do activities there (other side of the country), and we'll get out for dinner maybe one night while they babysit.
    We're booking things like Tayto Park, the Zoo etc. and then the men are going kayaking and girls to the spa on a day each too, so that the adults get some time off and to enjoy themselves too. Hotels for the 2 families were proving expensive for mediocre standard hotels with not much for the kids to do so we figured why not avail of whats local to each house and we'll spend money instead on getting in fast food/pub/restaurant take aways while were 'holidaying' so we get a break from cooking too, and maybe the odd meal out depending on how things are going.

• Advertisement

I had my scan at 13 weeks on Monday, so thankfully all well. Good to get the announcing out of the way and no more hiding.

Still feeling extremely tired, not as nauseous but still a bit retchy and sick with strong smells. Hoping the tiredness eases soon, have no energy or motivation to do anything but at the same time really getting fed up stuck in the four walls of the house all the time.

Hope everyone else is well and the tiredness and sickness is improving for you all.

So sorry to hear that. Look after yourself x

My heart is broke for you. Take time for yourself to grieve xx

Hi guys, hope everyone is keeping well.
    Met with my consultant yesterday and was told I’ll most likely be getting extra growth scans as my son was big and they’d prefer this baby to not be as big.
    It could be a Christmas Day baby after all!

Hope all is well with everyone. Good to see they are keeping an eye on you mammy2be.

Finally in the second trimester! Turned 14 weeks on Wednesday. Still nauseous in the evenings but getting there. Also starting to get a bump but still haven't moved to maternity clothes yet. Probably because I'm in leggings and hoodies anyway working from home so they haven't got tight lol

Also can feel the odd flutter which is definitely kicks which is exciting as its definitely earlier than my first.

Hi folks,

Heading to Killarney last weekend of August which I'm looking forward to. Would love to go abroad just the 3 of us before New baby arrives but its looking doubtful. We were meant to go to Disneyland Paris in May so might look at it again in October if things have calmed down. Considering I'm not allowed back into the office when pregnant im probably being optimistic!

Frankie19 wrote: »
    Hope all is well with everyone. Good to see they are keeping an eye on you mammy2be.

Finally in the second trimester! Turned 14 weeks on Wednesday. Still nauseous in the evenings but getting there. Also starting to get a bump but still haven't moved to maternity clothes yet. Probably because I'm in leggings and hoodies anyway working from home so they haven't got tight lol

Also can feel the odd flutter which is definitely kicks which is exciting as its definitely earlier than my first.

Doing fairly well here now, nausea mostly gone now thankfully. Glad to hear yours has settled for the most part too, it really is the worst. Feeling kicks is so reassuring, especially at this early stage. I think i can feel something now and again but i dont really know that its not just my digestive system! I was more certain on No1 when the movement started.
    My 16 week appt with the consultant is going to be by phone (due to covid changing the process) so will miss out on that scan, its a long time from 13 to 21 weeks for a scan but will just have to stick it out.

I moved to Mat clothes last week once the news was out, couldnt wear my normal jeans any longer. Dont have a whole lot left from the last time, some stuff was so worn it got the bin after No1. So dont have much to wear. Found H&M good last time but cant face waiting in the queues to get into the shops so I ordered stuff from Asos and im sending all but 1 item back :(
    Maternity wear is the pits.

I kept getting sponsored ads for a company called Shein on Facebook and they seem to have really nice maternity clothes at really good prices. I bought some leggings from h and m but haven't worn them yet. As its summer I am wearing normal summer dresses with lots of room. Think I will wait till the winter range comes in at this stage. I also found new look good the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB2017

Heading to Killarney last weekend of August which I'm looking forward to. Would love to go abroad just the 3 of us before New baby arrives but its looking doubtful. We were meant to go to Disneyland Paris in May so might look at it again in October if things have calmed down. Considering I'm not allowed back into the office when pregnant im probably being optimistic!

Hi Frankie19, jumping in from the March thread - I'm just wondering about your not being allowed back into the office when pregnant, is that your employer or Dr decision? I'm back in the office since the end of June, have my own office so its ok but I'm not all that happy about the protocol for shared spaces etc.

Thanks Frankie19, I will have a look at Shein, didnt realise they did Maternity clothes. I am working from home also so dont need a whole lot, just a few t-shirt/tops for over leggings and maybe one casual day dress for warm weather and one jumper for the winter. Being stuck at home all the time I feel a bit demotivated and having something decent to put on in the mornings helps with setting myself up for the day.

Bob2017, I'm also working from home and my company have made the decision for all staff to remain at home until 2021 at least, so I wont be returning to the office before Mat leave. However, I fall into the vulnerable category so even if I wanted to go back to the office I am instructed to stay at home as per company Covid policy, the same as anyone with underlying conditions that would put them at higher risk etc. I know that doesnt help you much but your companies Covid policy on 'vulnerable staff' might be something to query.

• Advertisement

Bob2017, I'm also working from home and my company have made the decision for all staff to remain at home until 2021 at least, so I wont be returning to the office before Mat leave. However, I fall into the vulnerable category so even if I wanted to go back to the office I am instructed to stay at home as per company Covid policy, the same as anyone with underlying conditions that would put them at higher risk etc. I know that doesnt help you much but your companies Covid policy on 'vulnerable staff' might be something to query.

Thanks justwhatithink - to be honest I don't know if they have a vulnerable staff policy! I know there are a few people still being permitted to work from home due to underlying conditions but as I understand it it's an ongoing battle. Thanks for the tip though, I'll look into it. At the moment I think I'm going to discuss with my GP and get her views, then maybe see if I can come to an arrangement with my direct manager. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't want to tell them this early but the world isn't really normal right now!!

BOB2017 wrote: »
    Hi Frankie19, jumping in from the March thread - I'm just wondering about your not being allowed back into the office when pregnant, is that your employer or Dr decision? I'm back in the office since the end of June, have my own office so its ok but I'm not all that happy about the protocol for shared spaces etc.

Hi BOB2017. Its the companies decision as i actually wouldn't mind going back 1 or 2 days a week with the rest of the office but im not allowed. They also did a health and safety meeting asking me loads of questions about my home environment. Smoke alarms....loose cables....monitors....office chair e.t.c they said even though I'm not in the office they still have to ensure my work place is safe when pregnant.

Hi BOB2017. Its the companies decision as i actually wouldn't mind going back 1 or 2 days a week with the rest of the office but im not allowed. They also did a health and safety meeting asking me loads of questions about my home environment. Smoke alarms....loose cables....monitors....office chair e.t.c they said even though I'm not in the office they still have to ensure my work place is safe when pregnant.

Thanks Frankie19! I had my GP appointment today and explained about my workplace, she said just to be very careful to minimise the risk of picking it up. I'm going to wait a few more weeks before I tell work and see what they say then. Thanks for the info :)

Had my 16 week check up today. All OK with little one, getting excited for the 20 week scan and partners are allowed in for it now. Delighted as felt poor hubby has been missing out at every appt ! We will be finding out the gender as well like we did on the first so glad he can be there for the big reveal!

Thats great Frankie19 that all is well.

NMH aren't doing 16 scans now due to Covid reducing the number face to face appts. Its a bit frustrating as I feel its a long time from week 12 to 21 when I'll have the big scan. Also, Merrion Fetal aren't letting partners attend, which I'm OK with, once everything is OK, but its odd how rules differ from one hospital the next.

I thought I was feeling movement a week ago but now I don't think I'm feeling anything. Last time I felt movement round 16 weeks so I thought I'd be feeling more this time round by now.

Thanks justwhatithink. It was a change in policy I think only this week so it might change for your hospital soon. Just hoping cases remain steady as any surges and I'm sure it would change back again.

Made a list of everything I need to get today. Will start picking things up shortly as I'm out and about. Afraid of another lockdown and also as birth is right after Christmas I will need to be super organised this year! I spent the last 4 weeks of my first pregnancy in and out of hospital for observation so need to be prepared it may happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SaraJan

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all getting on well with your pregnancies:-)

At the moment I'm looking at making a birth plan. I was wondering how we share this info with the hospital, or do we? Can we request certain things before the big day or do we just let them know what we would like when we arrive to give birth?

Thanks!

All good here. Had my anatomy scan 2 weeks ago. Baby wasn't playing ball and they couldn't finish it so will have another one when I'm back in again in 2 weeks. Was great that the hubby could attend and can do again for the repeat. All looks fine though. Cant believe I'm over half way already.

Tbh on my first i was never asked about a birth plan so I'd say it is probably up to you to make your mid wife/consultant aware of it and be prepared to have to tell a few as with breaks e.t.c the staff can change mid labour. I was just asked did I want an epidural and to book it as there was only one anesthetist available. I was public the first time. This time I am private and the only conversation I have had with my consultant so far is that I will be induced again if my blood pressure goes up like the last time and to prepare for a potential December baby.

Just do be prepared for it all to go out the window and not to be too disappointed if it's not the birth you planned. Anything can happen. I had hoped to be able to walk around when in labour but because I had meconium in my waters I was stuck to the bed with a monitor. My husband also didn't get to cut the cord as she was whisked to the nicu for monitoring due to the meconium and he was so disappointed. Hopefully he will with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SaraJan

Hi Frankie19,

That's so great your husband could go in with you! Mine still hasn't been to any scans or appointments with me :(

Yea, I'm feeling like to time is flying by. I'm excited though :-)

I didn't realize you would have to book an epidural in advance, I was hoping to be able to decide on the day depending on how things were going. I would also like to be able to move around during labor.

I am very prepared for all of it to go out the window though! :P

• Advertisement

Oh sorry SaraJan I wasn't very clear. No you don't have to pre book it before the day. When I was in labour I had to decide as there was a long wait for an anesthetist that day and it would take up to 2 hours to get it. Basically they said I couldn't turn around and look for one straight away as they might not be available and it could then be too late to have one. I knew straight away i would need one as I'm a useless with pain :-)

Advertisement