Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbors have many unlicensed dogs.

• 07-05-2020 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

A couple recently moved into rented accommodation beside me and brought with them close to 10 dogs and a couple of cats. I know for a fact that they do not have licenses for any of them, and also happen to know the landlord and I know he doesn't allow pets in his property. These dogs are kept inside the house a lot of the time and they often keep the front door wide open which leaves the dogs free to go into the front yard when they please. Whenever anyone walks past the house all of these dogs run out the front door and go absolutely ape and bark at them. It is quite a sight to see to be honest. But it is also quite scary and I am worried that they could one day jump over the very low wall and attack someone. They are small dogs but still.
    I also have never been inside the house but judging from the state of the front yard I can only imagine that the inside of the house is a pig sty. I'm pretty sure the dogs aren't house trained. These people also have a young girl in the house and I don't think these living conditions are the most ideal for her. I am sick of listening to these dogs barking all the time and I'm wondering what can be done about it. I do not want to approach these people as they seem a bit intimidating and possibly dangerous.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Tell the landlord?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I guess your options are contact either
    - your landlord if you're renting
    - their landlord since you say you know them
    - dog warden

I have to say your post lost credibility with me when you added the bit about the child...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

A couple recently moved into rented accommodation beside me and brought with them close to 10 dogs and a couple of cats. I know for a fact that they do not have licenses for any of them, and also happen to know the landlord and I know he doesn't allow pets in his property. These dogs are kept inside the house a lot of the time and they often keep the front door wide open which leaves the dogs free to go into the front yard when they please. Whenever anyone walks past the house all of these dogs run out the front door and go absolutely ape and bark at them. It is quite a sight to see to be honest. But it is also quite scary and I am worried that they could one day jump over the very low wall and attack someone. They are small dogs but still.
    I also have never been inside the house but judging from the state of the front yard I can only imagine that the inside of the house is a pig sty. I'm pretty sure the dogs aren't house trained. These people also have a young girl in the house and I don't think these living conditions are the most ideal for her. I am sick of listening to these dogs barking all the time and I'm wondering what can be done about it. I do not want to approach these people as they seem a bit intimidating and possibly dangerous.

Are paragraphs unlicensed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭kravmaga

OP, just contact a dog warden , not sure what part of the country you are living?

Could be a case of animal cruelty going on inside your neighbours house.

Or you could contact the EPA also,

https://www.ispca.ie/member_societies/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhtT1BRCiARIsAGlY51KJrnAIBw-R_6IdlUCHacVXqbfwHAsInpzQ8jiWt0lTA9NHopF-i_UaAg2bEALw_wcB

• Registered Users Posts: 23 johnny five

tk123 wrote: »
    I guess your options are contact either
    - your landlord if you're renting
    - their landlord since you say you know them
    - dog warden

I have to say your post lost credibility with me when you added the bit about the child...
    Hey humans are animals too. If an animal had poor living conditions I would be concerned too.

What power does a dog Warden actually have? What can they do?
    Sorry about the lack of paragraphs. Typing on the phone is a bit awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

How do you "know for a fact" they don't have licenses? Your post is just a lot of assumptions and not much else.

Maybe the best advice would be to mind your own business or grow a pair of balls and go talk to the neighbors about the barking (which appears to be your main problem) and leaving the front door open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Blaze420 wrote: »
    How do you "know for a fact" they don't have licenses? Your post is just a lot of assumptions and not much else.

Maybe the best advice would be to mind your own business or grow a pair of balls and go talk to the neighbors about the barking (which appears to be your main problem) and leaving the front door open.

Yeah I think you lost credibility when you say you know for a fact they've no licences for them. A dog licence is only a tax anyway, load of rubbish. Unless you work in the dog licencing division you couldn't know for sure they have no licences. Or if they told you which I doubt they did.
    Your other points are fair enough, they should have more control of them. But no law against owning multiple dogs. There's often 4 dogs in my mother's house, but they're controlled well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Hey humans are animals too. If an animal had poor living conditions I would be concerned too.

What power does a dog Warden actually have? What can they do?
    Sorry about the lack of paragraphs. Typing on the phone is a bit awkward.

The dog warden can ask them to produce their dog licences and issue a fine if they dont have one.

Advertisement