Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainsaw noise

Options
  • 07-05-2020 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going out of my head at the moment with a neighbour who has been cutting several trees down in the back garden for at least the last 6-7 weeks since the lockdown

Daily (while trying to work from home), every evening (while trying to relax in the garden for half hour), no consideration.

Decided to do it the cheap way and DIY it and so its taking forever, especially when they finally get one tree down they take a day or 2 cutting it up in the back garden

Surely the constant noise from a chainsaw is borderline noise pollution in a built up area?

Before anyone asks if I have gone around to them and asked them to do it at more reasonable times, I know the answer would be to politely f off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Wonder has he a licence from council to be cutting trees ??

You could start there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if it's within a certain distance of a dwelling (i think 100 foot?) a tree felling licence is not required, IIRC.
    we had an issue with a neighbour, who had an alsatian which would bark loudly at 3am or thereabouts, so we looked into this - it's possible that the situation you describe is different, but with the dog, we'd have had to go to the district court; you can't just ring the gardai or the council and let them deal with it, without your neighbour finding out who made the complaint.

Advertisement