Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Parkside mower cuts out after a few seconds (Lidl)

Options
  • 07-05-2020 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I bought a Parkside B&S petrol mower from Lidl about 4 weeks ago.

Up until 2 days ago all was well, but then it cut out on me.

Now when I start it up it will start but then it cuts out after a few seconds.
    Curiously though if I raise the from of it up 4 inches it runs fine but then as soon as i put it level again it cuts out.

The cutting deck is clean, filter is fine. Spark plug is wet, I changed the spark plug anyway. It wasn't left out in the rain, the petrol is fresh.

Anybody got any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Spider Rico

Hi All,

I bought a Parkside B&S petrol mower from Lidl about 4 weeks ago.

Up until 2 days ago all was well, but then it cut out on me.

Now when I start it up it will start but then it cuts out after a few seconds.
    Curiously though if I raise the from of it up 4 inches it runs fine but then as soon as i put it level again it cuts out.

The cutting deck is clean, filter is fine. Spark plug is wet, I changed the spark plug anyway. It wasn't left out in the rain, the petrol is fresh.

Anybody got any ideas ?

Did you put oil in it? I bought a similar mower from Aldi and I had to buy engine oil to put in it before using. Just a thought, though as it running somewhat maybe that’s not the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Did you put oil in it? I bought a similar mower from Aldi and I had to buy engine oil to put in it before using. Just a thought, though as it running somewhat maybe that’s not the case here.

Yep I put oil in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I've no idea about engines but I've had to return drills and saws to Lidl before and they were great. Sent me a replacement from the distribution centre. Obviously best to see if it's just a small issue or not first.

Advertisement