Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit/Debit Card with no overseas atm or fx fees

• 07-05-2020 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

As per the thread title, is anyone aware of a Visa mastercard credit/debit card (or prepaid product) that offers no ATM fees and no FX fees (other than the visa/mastercard fx rate) when used abroad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

As per the thread title, is anyone aware of a Visa mastercard credit/debit card (or prepaid product) that offers no ATM fees and no FX fees (other than the visa/mastercard fx rate) when used abroad?

I use N26 but it’s MasterCard

Your standard N26 account comes with all you need to spend, save and keep track of your money. Get a free Mastercard and enjoy free ATM withdrawals in euros and free payments in any currency, wherever you are in the world. And with no hidden costs or foreign exchange fees, you’ll always know what you’re spending while traveling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

I use N26 but it’s MasterCard

Your standard N26 account comes with all you need to spend, save and keep track of your money. Get a free Mastercard and enjoy free ATM withdrawals in euros and free payments in any currency, wherever you are in the world. And with no hidden costs or foreign exchange fees, you’ll always know what you’re spending while traveling.

Thanks Duke - but I was looking for no ATM fees outside of euro-zone.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Depending on how much you want to withdraw in a month, Revolut has fee ATM withdrawals up to €200 on the free plan.

Thanks Mr. S - but was looking for a long way in excess of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Thanks Mr. S - but was looking for a long way in excess of that.

What country is it? Are you going to go live iin it or just holiday?

You may be best off opening a Revolut or TransferWise account.( Both Free).

Then opening an account in that country and transferring it over.

What country is it? Are you going to go live iin it or just holiday?

You may be best off opening a Revolut or TransferWise account.( Both Free).

Then opening an account in that country and transferring it over.

Yes, digitally nomadic - so it would need to be a card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The short answer is no. And I've researched it fairly thoroughly.

The best option as mentioned previously is to use Transferwise or similar and a local bank account.

Advertisement