Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which tube to get

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Have you a puncture repair kit hiding somewhere......... If not, maybe your local hardware (if open) might have one.

On new tubes, the valve lengths can be different. Be sure not to buy one that's too short or you won't be able to attach the pump head. If in doubt, buy the longest valve type.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

crosstownk wrote: »
    Have you a puncture repair kit hiding somewhere......... If not, maybe your local hardware (if open) might have one.

On new tubes, the valve lengths can be different. Be sure not to buy one that's too short or you won't be able to attach the pump head. If in doubt, buy the longest valve type.

Yeah I did have one and fixed puncture but it's more for in case of emergency break glass. Also to have as spare in case I cycle over broken bottles... Or hit a large pot hole (how I got this puncture)

Different options on link I posted just not sure which one to get

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=147321

That’s what I’d go for based on the info you supplied. I ordered stuff from that shop a few weeks ago and delivery was quick so I’d recommend them.

Be sure the tyres are correctly inflated. Most punctures from hitting pot holes are due to under inflation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

do you have any local bike shops you can contact to see if they're open? just tell them you're looking for tubes for a 700c, 25mm tyre.

as crosstownk mentioned, the sort of puncture you got (from hitting a pothole) is often due to an underinflated tyre. for a 25mm tyre, a handy rule of thumb is that the minimum PSI you should pump the tyre to is equivalent to the weight of you and the bike in KG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

do you have any local bike shops you can contact to see if they're open? just tell them you're looking for tubes for a 700c, 25mm tyre.

as crosstownk mentioned, the sort of puncture you got (from hitting a pothole) is often due to an underinflated tyre. for a 25mm tyre, a handy rule of thumb is that the minimum PSI you should pump the tyre to is equivalent to the weight of you and the bike in KG.

None open within 5k radius that's why I was checking online.

Some i see only offering to essential workers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭cletus

None open within 5k radius that's why I was checking online.

Some i see only offering to essential workers

The 5km doesn't include shopping. (I know it might be a stretch)

Even though bike shops are closed, many are operating on the basis of phoning in what you want and collecting at the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Yes technically you can't go to a bike shop unless you need your bike to commute to work.

Presta 48mm - 700x20-25c is what you want unless you have deep dection wheels that would require a longer Presta valve.

Advertisement