Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Today,as mentioned by posters above,West and South was best. Todays max:

Athenry 24.6 degrees
    Moorepark 24.3
    Mount Dillon 24.2
    Cork and Claremorris 23.8

At the other end:
    Casement 19.1 degrees
    Dublin airport 18.8 degrees
    Malin head 17.7 degrees

20.1°c down the road from Casement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Popped out there for 5 minutes, saw some bright shooting stars. if your sky is clear head out. good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Stunning few days in Dunmore East (apart from Monday: and even then the rainfall volumes were lower than expected). Major sea fog now mind you: super humid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

great to see some of the country get some nice sunny and relatively warm weather over the past few days, that it's not just the UK stealing every bit of sun and warmth. A real kick in the teeth for Dublin and most of Leinster which has had a very poor run with this 'fine' spell.

This evening just goes to show the potential heat we are missing out on. Temperature here outside is still 18C, possibly warmer than it was earlier on in the afternoon.

Tomorrow doesn't look like any better for eastern areas, mostly cloudy and temperatures held back.

Temperatures tomorrow still look great on the models for everywhere but a huge pinch of salt for those in the east as they have been way off the mark for eastern areas over the past 3 days.

arpegeuk-41-21-0.png?12-00

fmiuk-41-27-0.png?11-20

Warmth looks like it's now going to continue right up to Monday with most models showing low twenties for the next 5 to 6 days, this will depend greatly on cloud cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭lolie

Doing a few jobs ouside after 10pm and not a cloud in the sky, thinking to myself wow this will be the first year with a clear night for the Perseid meteors.
    Went in and had a cup of tea and a bit to eat and the plan was to go and sit out for awhile but its completely clouded over outside. You couldn't make it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Just went out to look myself and cloud cover as far as I could see.. completely sums up the so called summer of 2020.......all sh**te no dice

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cloud has cleared here in Meath, just like most nights over the past week it has been clear but by morning the cloud is blanketed everywhere and doesn't break again till after dark, very frustrating.

Hopefully we will see some sun over the next 5 days, hasn't been even a glimse of sunshine in over 72 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well here in Leitrim we've had one summer day, last Saturday. The cloud from the east has been spilling over to us, very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭alentejo

still cloud in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Nice sunny morning in Dublin 5. I don’t think the weather has been that bad in Dublin, no rain at all recently. To be 23 degrees today, can’t argue with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Decided to chance going out stargazing with the 9 year old around 1130pm
    We seen two shooting stars
    Amazing
    This has been a testing 6 months for everyone but there have also been some positives. A lot of memories made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

km79 wrote: »
    Decided to chance going out stargazing with the 9 year old around 1130pm
    We seen two shooting stars
    Amazing
    This has been a testing 6 months for everyone but there have also been some positives. A lot of memories made

Damn, I stepped out just after 11 but wasn’t patient enough to stick around...stayed for about 5 minutes, didn’t see anything, maybe tonight!

Gonna be another scorcher in Cork :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yesterday was 24c in Sligo, Monday was 21c even though it rained in the evening,
    today probably 25c and tomorrow too.

This must be the best August weather we have had in nearly 15 years. One run of GFS had cool and unsettled from Thursday but now its back to the low out West steering up warm Southerlies another few days like 2003 and 2006.

Wheres the monsoon?

Oh yes. Thats next week because im off from Wednesday...:(

pauldry wrote: »
    Yesterday was 24c in Sligo, Monday was 21c even though it rained in the evening,
    today probably 25c and tomorrow too.

This must be the best August weather we have had in nearly 15 years. One run of GFS had cool and unsettled from Thursday but now its back to the low out West steering up warm Southerlies another few days like 2003 and 2006.

Wheres the monsoon?

Oh yes. Thats next week because im off from Wednesday...:(

Yup, I'm on a week off next week and it looks like it's gonna get more unsettled - tbh I wouldn't mind if it was a little cooler once it's dry, but not sure if that's gonna be the case :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kutebride

16C. Still, calm, warm. Wicklow hills

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

First sign of sunshine since Saturday now in Dublin 16. 18.9c atm.

first difficult night sleeping since summer 2018 and got very little sleep. Temperatures last night here didn't get below 16C, very rare for that to happen. Sun is finally shining for the first time in almost 4 days, hopefully it will last most of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

19C in D24 and currently completely overcast but has the look of burning off by late morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭alentejo

D6w The sun came out for 10 minutes and it's gone!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

alentejo wrote: »
    D6w The sun came out for 10 minutes and it's gone!

Ditto in Dublin 16!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

What I would call a real summer's morning in Galway. Hazy dusty blue sky. Still some patchy cloud banks blowing over at times but they are very soft looking.

New Moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Clear blue sky and very warm already this morning in east Cork.

Gutted though as I am at work. Have time off from middle of next week just in time for the weather to turn to crap. Fantastic.

20.0°c on the dot in Kildare now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

hazy blue tinged clouds in North Dublin

feeling of a warm day but could go to scutter based on previous days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭pauldry

Actually there has been 8 days in August with temperatures above 20c in Sligo

July had 2.

Tomorrow and Friday will likely be 2 more.

So if someone said August will have 10 days over 20c in Sligo Id have taken that.

As the old weather saying goes
    "If the weather is shyte in Spain, it will be good in Sligo"

Biscay low...STAY THERE

Already warmer here now than it was Monday and Tuesday

Sun gone already, all 20 minutes of it, I hope I don't have to wait another 4 days to see the sun again.

Looking good for some thunder and lightening action on Leeside tonight I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Got to see a good few meteorites on 3 separate nights this week, delighted. Have not seen since August 2015. Might not see again for God knows how many years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Lovely warm day in Dublin 5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement