Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

it's starting to feel very warm and muggy here in Meath and sun is trying to shine but it's basically cloudy with drops of drizzle.

Rain not far off now but it does appear to be losing some intensity as it is crossing from Wales over the Irish sea and looks a bit patchy. Most of the heaviest rain at the moment is still over western Wales and the Liverpool area as well as the M4 corridor west of London. Will we see similar intensity here over the next few hours?

Some very heavy bursts getting going now in parts of Wexford, Waterford and Kilkenny ahead of the rainband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Yeah, not that I'm wishing for heavy rain here...but considering the forecast yesterday morning for the day itself and today, amazed at the lack of showers or rain by now. Nothing got going yesterday and that band is struggling to keep itself together over the Irish sea. Looks like drizzle/light rain at best over the next few hours for my part anyway. Wexford again trumps (if you want heavy rain that is!).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Sun has appeared here in Castlebar and with light winds and a temperature of 20 degrees its turned into a nice afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Sun has appeared here in Castlebar and with light winds and a temperature of 20 degrees its turned into a nice afternoon.
    Ditto here Oscar. RH also dropping as well. Has turned into a typical June fair weather day.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloudy all day in cork city but very "heavy". Warm at about 20 degrees but went to cut the grass and about 2 minutes in I am sweating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Kutebride wrote: »
    The dry air. Tres warm. Clouds are rolling in as I type. Meath.

Still no rain yet. Overcast and muggy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

steady rain now here at Dunshaughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Turned out a grand evening,temperature reached 18c and the sun making an appearance,lot better than I expected

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Beautiful evening here in north east Kilkenny with heavy enough rain.
    15.1C
    Rain rate 11.8mm/hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Has not stopped raining here since midday.

Sometimes it was more drizzlely than rain but miserable all the same for June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Turned out a grand evening,temperature reached 18c and the sun making an appearance,lot better than I expected

Nice day in south mayo too it must be said

Tomorrow's forecast is even worse!

Rain all day + average temperature of 11 degrees!

I hope they are wrong.

still raining here in Meath, but rain generally much lighter and patchier than expected. Might be a few heavier bursts later on before it clears.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Still waiting on some meaningful rain here in north Galway. 1mm here in the past week. Never seen this place so dry more so altogether than 2018.

No rain at the moment. Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Jesus that was a grim forecast after the news. November except about 7-10 degrees warmer. Stay local my backside.

RedPeppers wrote: »
    Still waiting on some meaningful rain here in north Galway. 1mm here in the past week. Never seen this place so dry more so altogether than 2018.

You can have ours we had 11.4mm in an hour on Wed morning + still rain continues!

Hose ban is a joke. I know no tourists at moment but they would be falling around place laughing if you told them hose pipe ban.

I mean who is going to be using a hose pipe in this weather! If you seen your neighbours out in this weather watering garden you'd think ah they have lost their marbles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Seven Septs

appledrop wrote: »
    You can have ours we had 11.4mm in an hour on Wed morning + still rain continues!

Hose ban is a joke. I know no tourists at moment but they would be falling around place laughing if you told them hose pipe ban.

I mean who is going to be using a hose pipe in this weather! If you seen your neighbours out in this weather watering garden you'd think ah they have lost their marbles.

I think you fail to appreciate that there are large swathes of the midlands that have had only a mm or two of rain yet. The rainfall is coming but it hasn't fallen yet in many areas. You're thinking local.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Stunning day up far north, but no sign of this downpour they promised.

And I was counting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Heavy sky but remaining dry in desert Galway. Evening's like this are nice though and really bring out the deeper colours of trees and fauna, almost to the point where they glow.

New Moon

• Advertisement

I think you fail to appreciate that there are large swathes of the midlands that have had only a mm or two of rain yet. The rainfall is coming but it hasn't fallen yet in many areas. You're thinking local.

Ah I know but if you were in Dublin or surrounding areas you would see how mad it seems.

We are at 40mm here at Dublin Airport so far this month + a lot more rain to come

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Very light rain in my area of meath (Rathkenny) this evening, was generally dry up until 30mins ago, but more persistent rain now, bbc forecast this morning spot on for here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Heavy rain on and off all day. At least the humidity is gone out of it.

Yep rain coming down now. This band of rain will be passed by tomorrow morning?
    Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Rain a little more moderate now in Kildare. 4mm in the gauge

rain hammering down here in Meath for the past 2 hours, a very dirty night here. Clearance not far from the coast so hopefully it will stop raining in the next few hours. Garden is getting a real soaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gonzo wrote: »
    rain hammering down here in Meath for the past 2 hours, a very dirty night here. Clearance not far from the coast so hopefully it will stop raining in the next few hours. Garden is getting a real soaking.

Started raining in Wexford at lunchtime and it's still tipping down. The only let up was to heavy drizzle for about an hour at about 5pm or so and then back to steady rain which got heavier over the last few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I’d akin it to a September morning. Ground saturated very dull and 9 degrees. High summer Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Appears to have rained ok overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Farmer2017

I’d akin it to a September morning. Ground saturated very dull and 9 degrees. High summer Ireland.

Bit of exaggeration there with the ground saturated. Will take a 100ml rain to do that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement