Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭eon1208

I'd be hoping the high might start to build a week earlier than that, or is that just wishful thinking. Met Eireann said this morning that after the next Thurs into Friday low things may settle a bit. Could next Saturday be the beginning of a slow transition away from atlantic driven flows, not to mention the easterly lows we had in early June.
    My wishful thinking is down to wanting to make some decent quality hay. The longer the settled period delays the more the grass loses quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

The end of October just called from the future and wants its weather back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The end of October just called from the future and wants its weather back.

Careful now......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OldRio

This is bad. Just awful. Wind and rain. Just constant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ffs that poxy wind again.

If I told you all once I told you a thousand times spring was our summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

A bleak, miserable, October like day in Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Be positive lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

OldRio wrote: »
    This is bad. Just awful. Wind and rain. Just constant.

Constant since yday morning
    Had hoped to go for a hill walk this weekend with the young lad . Can’t even get outside the back door it’s so windy
    Sadly we were not allowed do anything like that during our summer as restrictions were in place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Put on the rain gear and have a hot shower when home

You live in Ireland

What did ye do on the 210 days in a row it rained from August to February?

km79 wrote: »
    Constant since yday morning
    Had hoped to go for a hill walk this weekend with the young lad . Can’t even get outside the back door it’s so windy
    Sadly we were not allowed do anything like that during our summer as restrictions were in place

Yep + I'm just waiting for the no such thing as bad weather comment! The fact is who wants to be out in that wind + rain all weekend in middle of summer.

Well only one thing for it. Off I go to do some retail therapy + help save the economy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

appledrop wrote: »
    Yep + I'm just waiting for the no such thing as bad weather comment! The fact is who wants to be out in that wind + rain all weekend in middle of summer.

Well only one thing for it. Off I go to do some retail therapy + help save the economy!

But you will have to que in the wind and rain

ZX7R wrote: »
    But you will have to que in the wind and rain

Eh no clothes shopping im off to shopping centre where its nice + warm + all queues are indoors.

Its so windy here even the crows + seagulls are struggling to fly in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Miserable winters day in Donegal, raining for 24 hours straight now. After the nice bank holiday weekend June has increasingly turned out to be a terrible month here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Only spitty light rain in Galway but it is constant and it is a bit depressing when combined with that low white grey sky and eternal wind.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

It’s 11 degrees here in the north east wind howling rain pelting down it’s a bad day for January never mind June

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Over 40mm of rain so far this weekend in Castlebar, quite gusty as well today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Reading through this thread is like.....how to describe....walking around after an A bomb has hit your city, and yet somehow most people are arguing about whether it's been "a little bit rough lately" while others are saying "this is normal stop complaining."

Like my mind doesn't even comprehend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The_Brood wrote: »
    Reading through this thread is like.....how to describe....walking around after an A bomb has hit your city, and yet somehow most people are arguing about whether it's been "a little bit rough lately" while others are saying "this is normal stop complaining."

Like my mind doesn't even comprehend.

I could say the same about a guy who said our winters are getting longer following the mildest winter on record :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is it me or has it been very windy for the last month?

Just out training there. Laughable really. It’s windy it’s cold it’s on and off raining. June hasn’t been good here it’s actually been bad. Dull often wet and no heat other than Thursday since June 2nd. Even the thunder we were promised never happened. Its miserable and looking increasingly like we are marooned here for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Orange - Rainfall warning for Donegal, Leitrim and Sligo

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Further heavy persistent rainfall (an additional 50 to 60mm possible) may lead to river flooding and localised spot flooding.

Valid: 11:00 Sunday 28/06/2020 to 12:00 Monday 29/06/2020

Issued: 11:00 Sunday 28/06/2020

lawred2 wrote: »

Its has been extremely windy for June. Not just about wind speed but direction wind is coming in that had made it so bad.

The thoughts of holidaying at home this summer is very depressing.

Its going to be a long winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Just out training there. Laughable really. It’s windy it’s cold it’s on and off raining. June hasn’t been good here it’s actually been bad. Dull often wet and no heat other than Thursday since June 2nd. Even the thunder we were promised never happened. Its miserable and looking increasingly like we are marooned here for the summer.

Agree with everything except one point - you did get a pretty decent thunderstorm this month.

https://youtu.be/Cq_n56dg5To

Unless you no longer live in Clonmel..

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

Orange now in Donegal, Sligo and Leitrim. In June!!!

esposito wrote: »
    Agree with everything except one point - you did get a pretty decent thunderstorm this month.

https://youtu.be/Cq_n56dg5To

Unless you no longer live in Clonmel..

Apologies I meant the thunder on Thursday which was flagged. We had some good thunder a few weeks ago one night certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A winters day ....

Status Orange - Rainfall warning for Donegal, Leitrim and Sligo

Further heavy persistent rainfall (an additional 50 to 60mm possible) may lead to river flooding and localised spot flooding.

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Mayo

Further heavy persistent rainfall (an additional 30 to 50mm possible) will lead to spot flooding.

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo and Sligo

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Westerly winds with mean speeds of 50 to 60km/h will gust up to 100km/h.

Valid: 10:00 Sunday 28/06/2020 to 22:00 Sunday 28/06/2020
    Issued: 09:00 Sunday 28/06/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ya it's bad in Sligo now.

Not even a soft day.

Hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Good thing we have a hosepipe ban or everyone out watering their gardens would be increasing the flood risk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Pretty wintery weekend.
    This is our climate.
    As sure as night follows day - after a record breaking dry and sunny spring - this spell of weather was inevitable.

Yet, when I and others posted as much back in May and that people should get out and make the most of it if they could, we were angrily snapped at by posters calling us negative.
    And some of those same posters are busy moaning how they can't get out of the house now....go figure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

lawred2 wrote: »

It's you, might want to cut down on the fibre!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement