Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I actually just had to check, but it was only last Thursday where it was 26c or something and I was lying in the park topless. Seems like a world away!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

km79 wrote: »
    Sounds like we have gotten lucky in Mayo today!
    While it is just dull nothingness it is dry and pleasantly “warm”
    I don’t know if it actually is warm or does it just feel warm after Monday!
    I’m back in shorts and t shirt anyway so it’s grand

You jinxed it, heavy rain for the last half an hour in Castlebar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gonzo wrote: »
    rain is certainly much more widespread and heavy here compared to what is shown up on the Met Eireann radar which looks light and patchy.

relentless here in Arklow
    12mm now since 10am and rising
    Thats a very wet dsy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Glorious afternoon up far North here.

Really looking forward to finishing work so I can get out into the fresh air and sunshine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Mortelaro wrote: »
    relentless here in Arklow
    12mm now since 10am and rising
    Thats a very wet dsy

probably about the same here in Meath or maybe even more. Still lashing here, hasn't stopped all day, pools of water all over the driveway.

• Advertisement

probably about the same here in Meath or maybe even more. Still lashing here, hasn't stopped all day, pools of water all over the driveway.

15.5mm now

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1278357453629992965?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Some crazy heavy showers here at the moment and localised spot flooding.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the rain is now intensifying over Leinster with some localised deluges mixed in, the sky here has an almost thundery look to it, still pouring with rain, must be getting close to 20mm at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Xenji wrote: »
    You jinxed it, heavy rain for the last half an hour in Castlebar.

Still dry here!
    Just looked at the radar. There is a tiny break in that front moving down across Mayo into Galway. I am in the tiny dry spot :D
    It is the little victories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Unreal here in South Wicklow. Hasn't let up for even a minute here the whole day and appears to be getting even worse. The garden is well flooded already and seems to be plenty more to come for the next few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

Still lashing rain here.

No doubt some one will tell me to wrap up + head out.

No thanks I'm off to finally get my hair done. Yipee!

Fire lit again this evening, it's been 8 years since we last lit the fire at any time in July, last time was during July 2012. Driveway is now starting to flood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Pure dead heat where I am and the sun is out,probably boiling for showers towards evening,has been a nice morning and afternoon so far

And so I was right,plenty showers now for the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

About 17 degrees in Cork City, really dead heat and humid. Walked around the city today and was roasting. Drizzling every so often then turning in heavy downpours, got soaked in a sudden one on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

I think some people here are dreaming.

At 6 o clock the highest temperature anywhere in Irelabd was 17 degrees st Oak Park.

How can anyone say its roasting or beautiful where they are? It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

appledrop wrote: »

At 6 o clock the highest temperature anywhere in Irelabd was 17 degrees st Oak Park.

Peoples perception of beautiful are completely different,some people like 17c and it not raining while some people are only happy with sunshine and temps of 20c or higher,why is that so hard to believe?

rain is continuing to intensify over Leinster, a real deluge for many places today and looks like there is several more hours of very heavy rain to come. Easily 30 mm will fall in parts of Leinster today and localized flooding is possible.

some of the heavier bursts down towards Wexford have a rainfall rate of 60mm/hour according to the netweather radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

appledrop wrote: »

It is only about 16/17 here I said but it is very heavy, thundery air aka very humid and sweaty so yes, it was very warm even though the actual air didn't feel it, is what I meant by "roasting". Easily feels about 21-22 degrees atm imo. Not beautiful by a long shot though, dark, grey skies and really heavy downpours.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭alentejo

I could have sworn that the ME forecast this morning for the majority of rain to fall in the west and that the east would remain relatively dry? Must have been dreaming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Had an hour or two of rain in Dublin 5 but was dry most of the day
    rain is continuing to intensify over Leinster, a real deluge for many places today and looks like there is several more hours of very heavy rain to come. Easily 30 mm will fall in parts of Leinster today and localized flooding is possible.

some of the heavier bursts down towards Wexford have a rainfall rate of 60mm/hour according to the netweather radar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

What’s the weather like across Europe at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

What’s the weather like across Europe at the moment?

temp-eur2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Proof once again that drawing a line from Paris and South if you want reliable warm summers. Roasting in Spain and south of France
    temp-eur2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

Really warm in Sligo now and the suns out

Must be 60.....farenheit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We have escaped the showers so far, but it has been overcast all day. That's 4 out of the last five days that have been this way. The grass is growing very well now, it will soon need to be cut again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Raining solid all day in D24. Gardens loving it. From that perspective I'm happier with this. We've had a lot of dirty grey damp days over the last few weeks here but with very little in the way of actual rain.

Nearby thunder now
    South looking towards Gorey

Rain still hammering down here in Meath, close to 12 hours of continuous heavy rain now. Side roads into Dunshaughlin are partially flooded. The area of rain over us has not moved in hours, the only thing that is growing is the intensity of it. Easily the wettest day we've had since February.

No way was this much rain forecasted for eastern areas today.

Rain still hammering down here in Meath, close to 12 hours of continuous heavy rain now. Side roads into Dunshaughlin are partially flooded. The area of rain over us has not moved in hours, the only thing that is growing is the intensity of it. Easily the wettest day we've had since February.

No way was this much rain forecasted for eastern areas today.

Met.ie app had rain for last night a mm or two here that didn't come
    Wasn't supposed to rain again until 7 a few more mm at best

It rained ALL day 16mm

Maybe Ryanair back in operation today will feed in better info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Met.ie app had rain for last night a mm or two here that didn't come
    Wasn't supposed to rain again until 7 a few more mm at best

It rained ALL day 16mm

Maybe Ryanair back in operation today will feed in better info

Ryanair do not participate in the AMDAR program. Maybe they should start it and charge a fee to each passenger...:pac:

https://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/www/GOS/ABO/AMDAR/AMDAR_Airlines.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement