Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »
    Rain still hammering down here in Meath, close to 12 hours of continuous heavy rain now. Side roads into Dunshaughlin are partially flooded. The area of rain over us has not moved in hours, the only thing that is growing is the intensity of it. Easily the wettest day we've had since February.

No way was this much rain forecasted for eastern areas today.

It may be lashing rain and as I type I see a yellow rain warning issued by Met but at least there is no wind!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Thats mad all the rain over in the SE and E, I expected a wet day here in Kerry but it was only mist and some patchy light rain about the place but none recorded where I live. Overcast though and feeling cool, had to put on some heating in work, an older building that cools down quickly.

Earlier ECM 0Z prediction looks well surpassed in places

12.9C after a high of 16.5C

gD7R7Ic.png

C1SkOO0.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Pouring out of the heaven's in Arklow again now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Dublin, Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Louth, Wexford, Wicklow and Meath

Further localised, intense rainfall and some thunderstorm activity with surface flooding this evening and for a time tonight.

Valid: 20:00 Wednesday 01/07/2020 to 02:00 Thursday 02/07/2020

Issued: 20:00 Wednesday 01/07/2020

A bit late..

Aye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

So as is tradition on 1st July I'm sitting here listen to Mundy singing July.

I would prefer to be sitting outside with a nice glass of wine but ill have to stick with sitting inside with heating on.

If this continues we will have to rename this thread Summer/Feels like Autumn chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still dry
    But cool

There's Will in his rain jacket at Dublin Airport on the news. Like a picture from middle of winter.

Who could blame anyone for getting out of country for hols?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another cloudburst here at Dunshaughlin, the rain is actually bouncing up off the ground, rain drops bigger than 2 euro coins, imagine if those were snowflakes....

Today takes the biscuit worst day of summer I can ever remember, I don't think any day in 2012 was even this bad.

Syranbruen here's one for you.

What is the lowest Maximum daytime temperature recorded for a day in July?

• Advertisement

It really is a shame so many of the long evenings have been so poor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

appledrop wrote: »
    Syranbruen here's one for you.

What is the lowest Maximum daytime temperature recorded for a day in July?

For Dublin Airport given you look at that station all the time, it's 11.7C on 1 July 1997. Casement had a max of only 10.6C that day.

That day in general was a notably cool day for the country with many records set. No surprises why with a northeasterly airflow and a trough enveloped over us.

I don't have an overall country record but lowest I know of is 10.2C at Malin Head from this day.

CFSR_1_1997070112_1.png

Fortunately, July improved a lot after this whilst August was very wet but also often warm, humid and sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Light rain drops in East Clare for about 5 minutes around 4pm..that was it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

It's rained pretty solidly here for a lot of the day, 1 mile from the Irish Sea in County Louth. Floodwaters lying in the fields. Pretty mild though and at least the wind is gone!

sryanbruen wrote: »
    For Dublin Airport given you look at that station all the time, it's 11.7C on 1 July 1997. Casement had a max of only 10.6C that day.

That day in general was a notably cool day for the country with many records set. No surprises why with a northeasterly airflow and a trough enveloped over us.

I don't have an overall country record but lowest I know of is 10.2C at Malin Head from this day.

CFSR_1_1997070112_1.png

Fortunately, July improved a lot after this whilst August was very wet but also often warm, humid and sticky.

Thanks good to know. Makes me feel a bit better knowing there have been crap July days but it did improved!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Awful evening in Dublin, hard to comprehend such a rough evening yet it’s still bright at 9.40pm. Not going completely crazy just yet, need to be realistic about summers in Ireland. Don’t mind days like this once we get a few nice days in return, which I’m sure we will over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Awful evening in Dublin, hard to comprehend such a rough evening yet it’s still bright at 9.40pm. Not going completely crazy just yet, need to be realistic about summers in Ireland. Don’t mind days like this once we get a few nice days in return, which I’m sure we will over the next few months.

Days like these that make me really want to be in the south of Spain but alas it won’t be happening this year

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Densefog2008

Hard to believe that we continue to miss the decent amounts of rain. Near Oak park in Carlow and we are parched. 87mm total since Paddy's day. Spring & summer growing season has been a write off, farmers in the area pulling their hair out for 3 months now. Yet the heavy rain keeps falling all around ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

Is the hose pipe ban still a thing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still absolutely pouring here, no let up at all since last night. Streams of water running down both sides of the road and pools starting to form in the garden. This could rival some of those deluges we had back in October. I reckon we're getting close to half a months worth of rain here since this morning. I wouldn't be surprised if some parts of Leinster will report at least 40mm of rain today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

24mm of rain since 10pm last night, 117mm since the 1st of june, im not one to complain about the weather but its been a truly awful day and evening here in meath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Glorious evening in Donegal

21mm in Arklow now and still pouring down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Todays max temperature,July 1st, was 18.1 degrees at Mount Dillon. On June 1st,Mount Dillon had a max temperature of 27.1 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Played 5-a-side in a deluge this evening. I couldn't have gotten wetter...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Jizique wrote: »
    Is the hose pipe ban still a thing?

Officially yes, probably be reviewed this weekend. What would you want one for in any case?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Officially yes, probably be reviewed this weekend. What would you want one for in any case?

Washing the car or jet-washing the patio/deck would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Kutebride wrote: »
    Wet, dull, dark. Meath.
    Is thisrain to keep up until evening or can we expect clear conditions by evening?

Well that answered that. Most miserable day of heavy rain. Meath. Quiet and dry now.

• Advertisement

Lovely bright morning in south mayo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement