Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

Some cloud breaks still here in Mayo and feeling mild. Some drizzle too but a better afternoon than I expected.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Overcast day, very low cloud but just a sprinkle a couple of times and mild enough for a tea shirt if you were on the move, rrand for cycling and swimming. Got very dark in the last hour and raining proper now. Yesterday was a great day in Kerry / limerick feeling warm in the sun so didn't do bad at all this weekend.

High 17.9C
    Current 15.8C

pvxbKLn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Looking forward to some cloud bathing this week

https://imgur.com/FB6vNi2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

A grey, drizzley but mild day in East Galway. There was a dry break around 5pm of an hour or two, was mild enough to go for a walk in a t shirt. Constant drizzle apart from that short break.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Perfect day at least in the east today. Perfect for getting out and about. Mixture of cloud and some sunny spells, with some nice lenticularis over the Wicklow mountains this evening. Just a light breeze, so it still felt ok in the cloudier periods. Max temperatures 19-20 °C.

519696.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yep, for once I agree. It wasn't universal low cloud grey with a good mix of cloud and some nice breaks which I like. I was happy enough with this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Terrible day today in Sligo. Dark and wet. Highest temperature 15.4c now!! Today was 14.2c

Yesterday was ok but sun never came out

20 hours of sun so far here in July. How many hours is the dullest ever July in Ireland. 2020 will be the coolest dullest one in the West and with a shy tea 2mm of rain a day nothing exceptional rainwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lots of cloud today and warm despite the cover.
    Evening stroll at Laytown in tshirt.

Now I hear the rain tonight.

Another misty dank day. Every day until next Sunday will be like this or worse in the West.

Every day in July has been colder than Normal so far.

The last month as bad as this was November 2019 in terms of cold and of course the famous August 2019.

Hope this August is better.
    Im writing off July and going to sleep when Im at home until its over.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

An overcast, grey, wet and breezy day here in Kildare - Not a great start to the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This weather ain't gonna persuade all those people holidaying at home this year to keep doing it longer term year after year. Another grey day with mist in the air and below average temperatures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

19c in Arklow
    Very pleasant
    Bits of sun but also some drizzle at times

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

namloc1980 wrote: »
    This weather ain't gonna persuade all those people holidaying at home this year to keep doing it longer term year after year. Another grey day with mist in the air and below average temperatures.

I want to do the Mayo cycleway and possibly another trip for a couple of days, I have a hankering to go to the Blasket Islands but will keep an eye on the weather around that time. I have 2 weeks off form next week but will only go if its generally going to be dry.
    Im saving a decent wedge not going having the usual family holiday so happy to push the boat out

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Mortelaro wrote: »
    19c in Arklow
    Very pleasant
    Bits of sun but also some drizzle at times

Very pleasant in Dublin this morning with the sun making an appearance occasionally. Much better than what I expected! Looking forward to increased warmth this week (with the exception of tomorrow of course)

Just nudging 20c in Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Warm. Threatening clouds rolling over all morning.

Meath

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

namloc1980 wrote: »

Is it true next week looks promising? I was looking to have a few days in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is it true next week looks promising? I was looking to have a few days in Kerry.

Yes
    It’s always next week
    Wait till closer to end of week and then see what it looks like

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

At the moment it all looks uncertain from this weekend. If the GFS is to be believed we are in for a cool and unsettled period from this weekend right up to the end of the month.

UKMO turns it unsettled from Sunday. GEM turns it unsettled from Sunday but shows high pressure returning for next week. ECM basically keeps us in a flat westerly from this weekend as well. I would not be planning anything based on the hope of good weather because there is absolutely no guarantee of good weather from this weekend to the end of July.

The Atlantic has done an excellent job since early June keeping any settled weather away from our shores, I'm expecting this to continue. Any signs of good weather is getting constantly pushed out and there is no agreement between the models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Letterkenny pretty much echoed Malin Head, cloud finally broke up in late evening to give some brief blue skies though the sun was already too low to get any sunshine here. Cool and grey all day, still hasn't been a single day this month with more than a few fleeting glimpses of the sun.

And just looking at tonight's GFS, potentially another crap week ahead up here with no shortage of rain forecast :)

Beggars bush tells a different tale!

• Advertisement

Not a bad weekend here. Saturday was probably the better of the 2 days it was relatively sunny and quite mild not hot not sunny but all the time but ok. Yesterday was one of those listless July days unremarkable but for the most part dry. Today we’ll today is more of the same grey slate on and off rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Sun broke through here at 11.47am and lasted a whopping 23 seconds. In that time it was just amazing to see the vibrant colours of the trees and fauna really come out like they normally would do in high summer and was nice to see, and looking at the forecast ahead, I might even get to see another few seconds of sun... next Sunday afternoon.

W1kOGta.png

It's the summer that just keeps on giving.

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Sun broke through here at 11.47am and lasted a whopping 23 seconds. In that time it was just amazing to see the vibrant colours of the trees and fauna really come out like they normally would do in high summer and was nice to see, and looking at the forecast ahead, I might even get to see another few seconds of sun... next Sunday afternoon.

W1kOGta.png

It's the summer that just keeps on giving.

Unless you are in Dublin 5 or Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

My weather app is going for 20-22 degrees in Dublin most days over the coming 7 days. Mainly dry with sunny spells, would take that to be honest. Weather has really calmed down in Dublin the past few days. Nothing special but mostly dry and pleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Unless you are in Dublin 5 or Donegal.

There really must be another Donegal from where I am, with great sunny weather, ide love to try find it ðŸ˜

Where I am in North Donegal its another gray day with periodic showers, seems even cooler today, although bit more breezy today

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

My weather app is going for 20-22 degrees in Dublin most days over the coming 7 days. Mainly dry with sunny spells, would take that to be honest. Weather has really calmed down in Dublin the past few days. Nothing special but mostly dry and pleasant

I just checked yr.no (not sure if thats what you use too) and it is indeed giving mid twenties for dublin!
    Is it a mistake though? It says currently it is 24 degrees , clear skies and sunny. Same for tomorrow. 26 degrees for weds?????
    That can not be right. the papers would be roaring about a heatwave ?

Meanwhile in south mayo it is grey grey grey. Lights on in the house. But at least it is dry :( Forecast for next 7 days is DULL AND GRIM

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

km79 wrote: »
    I just checked yr.no (not sure if thats what you use too) and it is indeed giving mid twenties for dublin!
    Is it a mistake though? It says currently it is 24 degrees , clear skies and sunny. Same for tomorrow. 26 degrees for weds?????
    That can not be right. the papers would be roaring about a heatwave ?

Meanwhile in south mayo it is grey grey grey. Lights on in the house. But at least it is dry :( Forecast for next 7 days is DULL AND GRIM

It's completely inaccurate, those websites usually are.

Dublin will be chilly tomorrow and from Wednesday to next Sunday it will be mostly mid to high teens, maybe scraping 20C or 21C if Dublin get's lucky with sunshine, lack of onshore winds and cloud. Dublin rarely see's more than 24C or 25C even at the best of times during a really good ridge with winds in from the south-east.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Strange one, my experience with YR.no is horrifically underestimating temperatures during warm spells.

Ah weather apps, they find new ways to be incorrect all the time.

Driving through main st Arklow a few mins ago,thermometer in gorgeous sun was hitting 24.5c
    I'm in shorts and t shirt also looking gorgeous today :D

• Advertisement

Great day in Sligo too. Sun splitting the stones and 25.5 degrees.

Oh sorry thats my message from June 1st.

No. Just misty and misty and misty and misty and misty and misty and misty and misty and misty

see its annoying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement