Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

Still 22 degrees in Cork city at nearly 8pm. Beautiful summer's day. We've really managed to get away with a lot of the bad weather the rest of the country has had over the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It wasn't really sunny in north Donegal today, but it was warm and humid enough, with a bit of a breeze, to dry out the soaking grass enough to get it mowed at tea time..

Then it started drizzling again. Sorry is that moaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

Finally a bit of heat that's what summer should be!

Its still very cloudy here since 6 though at least it is warm.

People report on their weather in area + stats are there to prove what a miserable July it has been here in North County Dublin. This comes on the back of a below average June.

There were people on here raving about sun yesterday + lucky you but our total sunshine was only 3 hours+ that was mainly after 8 o clock.

The facts are it has rained for 11 out of 14 days here in July. Until yesterday we only reached 20 degree once on 4th. The average temperature for the month is well below average at this point.

Out of 14 days we have had 7 days were we didnt even get 1 hour of sunshine! Another 3 were around 3 hours. The best day was 8.9 hours of sunshine.

I don't really care if people say I moan about weather. All the facts are there to back up fact its been a **** July here so far.

No we don't live in Mediterranean but its not too much to ask for some sun + heat in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

Its toying with us, woke up to fog, thought we were in for a lovely day. Afternoon was pleasant, then what the hell is this grey, cold, windy nonsense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

First nice day in such a long time. Even though it wasn't very sunny, it was possible to be out in shorts and tshirt. Was nice to sit out most of the evening without worrying about rain or cold breezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Max temperatures today (not including some of Met Éireann's extra stations, such as the Phoenix Park, Mount Dillon, etc.).

Was working on a roof in north Co. Dublin this afternoon and it was lovely. Good sunny spells up until around 7 pm, then more overcast.

520143.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

It was 24 degrees in Dublin today, cheer up
    appledrop wrote: »
    Finally a bit of heat that's what summer should be!

Its still very cloudy here since 6 though at least it is warm.

People report on their weather in area + stats are there to prove what a miserable July it has been here in North County Dublin. This comes on the back of a below average June.

There were people on here raving about sun yesterday + lucky you but our total sunshine was only 3 hours+ that was mainly after 8 o clock.

The facts are it has rained for 11 out of 14 days here in July. Until yesterday we only reached 20 degree once on 4th. The average temperature for the month is well below average at this point.

Out of 14 days we have had 7 days were we didnt even get 1 hour of sunshine! Another 3 were around 3 hours. The best day was 8.9 hours of sunshine.

I don't really care if people say I moan about weather. All the facts are there to back up fact its been a **** July here so far.

No we don't live in Mediterranean but its not too much to ask for some sun + heat in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

21c in Sligo yesterday and 3 hours of sun so at 25 hours now for July.

Hope to get this number up substantially from Saturday to Tuesday.

Then Winter comes.

Todays not great. 12c and raining like fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Wordress

pauldry wrote: »
    21c in Sligo yesterday and 3 hours of sun so at 25 hours now for July.

Hope to get this number up substantially from Saturday to Tuesday.

Then Winter comes.

Todays not great. 12c and raining like fcuk.

Ahh Chill Paul. Just wear your sunglasses in the rain :cool:

Winter could be a scorcher :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well it was warm yesterday afternoon, no sun but warm after the morning rain.
    Today......... rain.
    Co. Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Grey, grim and raining in South Mayo at the half day point of summer
    I wish I had better weather to report every day but this is the way it is
    Sorry about that !

I’m sure next week will be better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

cloudy but dry morning in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Yesterday evening was lovey it was quite sunny and warm the first nice evening you’d sit out since the 25th June.

Today is overcast again breeze picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

There is always better weather on the way for next week we are being told that every week...its a different story everytime next week arrives though...we havn't got many more next weeks left and then thats it...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Yesterday was gorgeous here. Sunny most of the day even though cloud had been forecast. Even up to lunchtime yesterday the outlook for the day on the met website was for cloud cover here which thankfully didn't materialise. Today is much worse, windy, cloudy and damp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Yesterday was gorgeous here. Sunny most of the day even though cloud had been forecast. Even up to lunchtime yesterday the outlook for the day on the met website was for cloud cover here which thankfully didn't materialise. Today is much worse, windy, cloudy and damp.

Where is here?

Yesterday was the first non next week that was nice since June.

Cloudy but it got warm. I could live with that. Not this.
    Mist n muck n 12c.

cant even see 2 fields away never mind a Comet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after a lovely day yesterday today is back to normal, rain starting to get moderate here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

After yesterdays lovely day, we are back to the grey skies in Cork City unfortunately. Still humid and warm at about 19 degrees though so while you can't sunbathe, you can do everything else! (Even though it is a lot more sweaty today!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another in a long line of miserable misty mornings in Letterkenny. Seems to be drying up now so hopefully we might squeeze in an ok afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Overcast and wet in Castlebar with nearly 100% humidity which is probably the worst type of summer weather in my book, close to 20mm of rain since midnight as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Sami23 wrote: »
    Do you see much chance of sunshine at all in the West next week as I have Hay to cut or should I wait for the next fine spell ?
    Tia

With further west to northwest winds, not willing to bet on that and no fine spell in the foreseeable future either with the final week of July looking to be proper dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain easing now in Meath, thankfully it didn't lead to a 12 hour deluge.

The next 5 days look fairly dry apart from light rain or showers but it will be on the cool side with temperatures generally low to mid teens, maybe high teens in any spells of sunshine. Make the most of any dryness between now and Wednesday as it looks like we are back to a very unsettled scene from Thursday.

km79 wrote: »
    Grey, grim and raining in South Mayo at the half day point of summer
    I wish I had better weather to report every day but this is the way it is
    Sorry about that !

I’m sure next week will be better ;)

Its always next week isn't it Km!

I wonder will we still be here at end of August waiting for nice weather!

Feeling very humid here, 18 degrees ,dull + raining

Just another beautuful summers day here in North County Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Another grey and dreary day on the misty little rock we call home.

Oh to be in sunny Siberia!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

appledrop wrote: »
    I wonder will we still be here at end of August waiting for nice weather!

That's usually the way. Another couple of weeks this and we will be resigned to the summer washout and then the talk of the Indian summer when the kids go back to school will start.

• Advertisement

Tim76 wrote: »
    Another grey and dreary day on the misty little rock we call home.

Oh to be in sunny Siberia!

Sure everythings on fire there

Saturday to Tuesday are the days to do the hay. They will be OK if you forget its Summer and just wonder what a non misty dank foggy day is like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement