Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

Still raining, lights on at 5pm at height of summer.

But sure its grand I think ill head off to beach +'make the best of it'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

20 degrees hit again in Dublin today, decent day. Cloudier than yesterday but still nice and warm. Went out for a stroll at lunch and was a very pleasant temperature to walk in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Still raining here.

I'm off to the Met Eireann Sligo on that radar map. Its dry there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

For the first time this month I can report that it's a lovely sunny afternoon in Letterkenny :) Breezy and cool but the brightness alone is just refreshing

Afternoons like this just reinforce how much I've detested the past few weeks, people saying suck it up, take the positives etc but the quality of life difference between a nice evening I can spend outdoors and the horrible gloomy drizzle all month is massive

20 degrees hit again in Dublin today, decent day. Cloudier than yesterday but still nice and warm. Went out for a stroll at lunch and was a very pleasant temperature to walk in.

It must be a different Dublin you live in. Raining here since 1 o clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Can an Admin change the name of the discussion because its clearly not accurate? Looking forward to some dry weather over the next 3 days.

Forecast this morning on the radio, mostly dry today with some mist in places, while I had my wipers swishing away. Hasn't stopped all day in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

sryanbruen wrote: »
    With further west to northwest winds, not willing to bet on that and no fine spell in the foreseeable future either with the final week of July looking to be proper dire.

Ah yes, the week we have been forced to take off work looks like a proper disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

A river of drizzle going through galway all day and its only getting heavier....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

No rain today here, sun's out and currently 21C, not a bad day at all (Loughlinstown)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Turned into a great day in North Donegal, and looks like its going to be a nice evening, mostly cloudless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Chins up, Sunday-Tuesday should be nice, with more in the way of sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

appledrop wrote: »

Thankfully it's been dry here in Dublin 5, only a few spits of rain earlier. Overcast though so not exactly a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

OldRio wrote: »
    Well it was warm yesterday afternoon, no sun but warm after the morning rain.
    Today......... rain.
    Co. Leitrim.

Still raining, getting on for 12 hours.

April and May seem like distant memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Didn’t have any rain here.

Still raining in the Northwest where rain has cleared from. I must be hallucinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

First bits of rain in south Laois just a short while ago. Stopped now. Very little fell. Quite close today, temperatures hit above 20°c on the AWS earlier.

Yesterdays max was 22.5°c on the Stevenson's screen.

Not much rain in the last seven days, just 3.7mm. A much improved week over the first half of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

EIDL 171800Z 24011KT 9999 FEW021 15/10 Q1015
    Certainly is a nice evening in Donegal with the airport reporting just a few clouds at 2,100ft and a temperature of 15 degrees.

Compare that to Knock further south
    Metar (just 3km vis,light drizzle cloud at 400 feet etc)

EIKN 171800Z 28008KT 3000 -DZ BKN004 BKN014 13/13 Q1016 BECMG 6000 BKN010

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

In South Dublin its been a nice day, your 30 miles away and getting very different weather it seems.
    Its been warm all day, not sunny as such but it broke through for 90 odd mins at 4.30 and was very warm in the sun!
    Id take today every day, we had some fine drizzle at midday but it was gone inside 10 mins, dry and humid ever since

EIDL 171800Z 24011KT 9999 FEW021 15/10 Q1015
    Certainly is a nice evening in Donegal with the airport reporting just a few clouds at 2,100ft and a temperature of 15 degrees.

Compare that to Knock further south
    Metar (just 3km vis,light drizzle cloud at 400 feet etc)

EIKN 171800Z 28008KT 3000 -DZ BKN004 BKN014 13/13 Q1016 BECMG 6000 BKN010

Looking nice at Malin Head too.

520259.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a fairly poor day overall in Meath, light rain or drizzle most of the morning which cleared by the afternoon to a warm but mostly cloudy afternoon, then light rain and drizzle for past few hours and feeling noticeably cooler.

Next few days look decent enough, mostly dry and hopefully we will get some sunny spells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Very persistent rain here since 6pm in meath, just back from a cycle and soaked through

Looking nice at Malin

Oh how nice would a sky like that be in July. We saw one like it last Saturday evening for an hour but it had clouded up by darkness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Woke up to lashing rain at 7am this morning and it's alternated between misty and torrential all day.

The most horrendous day I can remember for a long time.

West Clare

Certainly a very dark day in Sligo. Had lights on at 5pm like November. Further East is getting rain but not the Autumnal cold. Wonder will a fcuked Arctic make any difference. It will probably get colder.

Think we all need to buy heating oil for end of July. Charts still look cool if not cold. All the days of July have been 13 to 15c here bar 4th which was 19.2c and 11th with tipped 18c and yesterdays heat plume of 21.2c

25 hours of sun in 17 days. What's the dullest ever July. I bet Malin Head had one with zero hours or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

pauldry wrote: »
    Certainly a very dark day in Sligo. Had lights on at 5pm like November. Further East is getting rain but not the Autumnal cold. Wonder will a fcuked Arctic make any difference. It will probably get colder.

Think we all need to buy heating oil for end of July. Charts still look cool if not cold. All the days of July have been 13 to 15c here bar 4th which was 19.2c and 11th with tipped 18c and yesterdays heat plume of 21.2c

25 hours of sun in 17 days. What's the dullest ever July. I bet Malin Head had one with zero hours or something.

While parts of Arctic Siberia are experiencing our "1995" I'm thinking that while some are experiencing a novel Summer, others are getting a "novel" spring. Unfortunately for us we are drawing the short straw.

I recall talking to a German about our summer of '95 and they had a horrible one there, and something he noted that when we got a good one [summer] they got a bad one.

Patterns, and all that.

Well today was supposed to be the dry day.

Its dull, raining + 13 degrees.

Ah sure there's always nicer weather coming. Maybe next summer?

pauldry wrote: »

Ah come on now Pauldry. How dare you supply data for how miserable July has been.

Don't you know your not allowed complain on this thread?

I'm off to sunbathe on beach in rain because I was told today would be dry so 'making the most of it'

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

The moaning on here is unreal. It was forecast that it would be wet to begin with in the south and east this morning. It’s already dry and brightening up nicely here in Meath. Forecast is reasonably good for the coming week and MT is suggesting that the following week is looking good. I’ll take that!

Ah gcome on now Pauldry. How dare you supply data for how miserable July has been.

Don't you know your not allowed complain on this thread?

I'm off to sunbathe on beach in rain because I was told today would be dry so 'making the most of it'

Gerry's forecast on TV yesterday said rain would be slow to clear the east and south this morning but it would do so and lead to a dry day. You're judging the whole day based on how it is at 08.30?

• Advertisement

People are moanig because for some of us summer **** in our area.

0.3 of sunshine yesterday in my area + rain from 1 o clock.

Yes hopefully it clears up but right now its not enjoyable to be outside in so we will have to wait + see what we can do today.

By the way the farmers are also complaining about not been able to cut the hay due to wet weather but sure what do they know, just get on with it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement