Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Another Saturday another horrendous start. I’m sure it’ll clear up but ffs you’d be tired of this and we’re trapped here into the bargain. Stay local my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dry and bright in south mayo at least !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

appledrop wrote: »
    People are moanig because for some of us summer **** in our area.

0.3 of sunshine yesterday in my area + rain from 1 o clock.

Yes hopefully it clears up but right now its not enjoyable to be outside in so we will have to wait + see what we can do today.

By the way the farmers are also complaining about not been able to cut the hay due to wet weather but sure what do they know, just get on with it!

With that attitude I really hope it keeps on raining in NCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

Another Saturday another horrendous start. I’m sure it’ll clear up but ffs you’d be tired of this and we’re trapped here into the bargain. Stay local my arse.

The 'green list' is not looking great for anyone hoping to go away. Looks like Soain, Portugal, France not on it as infection rates too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

I don’t have any problem with people having a moan. Not all of us are weather enthusiasts who love weather no matter how bad it is.
    TBH I’m pretty sure I posted this earlier in the year that when we get warm dry weather in spring we get a washout summer. That’s been my memory of the patterns anyways. It’s tough on people stuck inside with bored kids etc, and yes you can wear rain gear but that’s just more misery.
    I’ve written off this summer the promised looking better from next week hasn’t materialised so far and at this stage I don’t think it will. Might get the usual few teasing warm dry days in September when the kids are back at school.
    Anyways here on the south laois north Kilkenny Carlow border it’s another dull start, rain stopped in the last hour and generally another yuck day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Lots of blue sky in Galway...im sure it will be a fine day in most places today and tomoro and perfect timing for the weekend...enjoy it while it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

7mm of rain overnight,cleared now but still cloudy,the moaning in here is relentless at this stage,Do people not realise we live in Ireland,not the Mediterranean

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

pauldry wrote: »
    Certainly a very dark day in Sligo. Had lights on at 5pm like November. Further East is getting rain but not the Autumnal cold. Wonder will a fcuked Arctic make any difference. It will probably get colder.

Think we all need to buy heating oil for end of July. Charts still look cool if not cold. All the days of July have been 13 to 15c here bar 4th which was 19.2c and 11th with tipped 18c and yesterdays heat plume of 21.2c

25 hours of sun in 17 days. What's the dullest ever July. I bet Malin Head had one with zero hours or something.

Apparently 54.7 hrs in July 1998 at Newport.

48.2 hrs in the 20-day period at Dublin Airport from June 27 to July 16. For comparison, the first 20 days of December 2019 (1st-20th) had 49.1 hrs.. and that was with shorter daylight.

7mm of rain overnight,cleared now but still cloudy,the moaning in here is relentless at this stage,Do people not realise we live in Ireland,not the Mediterranean

It’s the middle of summer though surely to God we can comment on the weather as it is. We have to listen to the snow bunnies “moaning” for 6 months for the year when there’s no “white gold” do those people realise we live in Ireland not the Artic Circle

It’s the middle of summer though surely to God we can comment on the weather as it is. We have to listen to the snow bunnies “moaning” for 6 months for the year when there’s no “white gold” do those people realise we live in Ireland not the Artic Circle

Agree with you regarding the snow bunnies,they forget its Ireland we live in as well. The forecast was rain clearing this morning and yet people are complaining at 8.30 about the rain.The rest of the weekend is promised to be mainly dry and pleasant. The bashing Met Eireann gets in here at times is nauseating as well,You would swear it was their fault it was raining,or Irish Water!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Lovely morning first thing in Leitrim but guess what?
    Cloud has arrived and it's raining. So much for the forecast.
    BTW we had about 14 hours of rain yesterday.
    As for cutting Hay? It's getting a little desperate around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

I think we will all be a bit of a better mood by 4pm :) Should be a nice evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Lovely and cool under the clouds, love this weather. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Clearing skies in Kildare now. 9mm overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It's turned on into a lovely morning in Castlebar, plenty of blue skies and sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Woke up (pretty late :p ) in cork city and the place is saturated so must have been some heavy showers. Dry now though but still cloudy. Can see the sun behind them though so it's trying to break through and hopefully it will! Only 14 degrees at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Warm and sunny in Meath now. Beautiful summer’s day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just on a slightly longer horizon, no sign of significant warmth for Ireland out to mid August.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cloudy and cold in Sligo. Windy too but you dont need a torch at least like yesterday. 15c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Mostly cloudy in Letterkenny with some sunny breaks, cool and windy so not particularly pleasant to be out but at least there's some sun and the drizzle is gone

• Advertisement

Whoo the sun has arrived!

Its in + out of clouds but when it comes out its beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sun out in East Clare, it's a beautiful 19-20 degrees..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another lovely day in Dublin 5. Started off dull but very nice the past few hours with sun breaking through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its the opposite in Galway started off nice now to back to cloudy with odd bit of rain...another so called fine day thats turning out no better than the other days...im sure tomoro will be better :rolleyes:

Sun is out,temp reading at 18.7 and feeling nice and warm in the sun

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a nice afternoon in Meath, mixture of cloud and sunny spells and feeling quite mild.

Nice afternoon here. Sun is out and it’s quite warm. Plenty of high fluffy cloud about but it’s very pleasant and such an improvement on the weather up to lunch time. Going to enjoy a bit of sun now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sun has yet to appear in Cork City from my earlier post, but at least it is dry and warm about about 18 degrees!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lovely day in south Mayo. Only a little breezy

• Advertisement

I hope the dry weather lasts. The first coat on fence is just finished!

No garden paint during lock down to do it + hasn't been dry enough since.

Fingers crossed it can be finished tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement