Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

And the sun has appeared in Cork City :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Utterly stunning late afternoon in Leitrim. Not a cloud and warm Sun. We sat down outside for a bite, the first time in July.
    Hopefully I'll get a chance to eventually see that comet tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

We still have had a lot of cloud here but its a huge improvement on what we have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Gorgeous evening in Lismore.

First time here as well.. Lismore is a delight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Stunning all day here in Limerick, slight drizzle this morning but unbroken sunshine since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lovely day up in the far north today.

Bit of heavy drizzle there about 7pm, but only for 15min. Bright again now.

That's 2 consecutive good days. Think it's to stay fairly dry for the next 3 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

GEFS 15 day outlook. Pretty much westerly throughout.

H4GHto6.gif

Darker greens suggest location of fronts, and broadly speaking, the rest of this month looks like it will remain pretty much average in every respect.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

basically the same pattern continues into the first week of August, last 10 days of July look very unsettled with a big increase in regular rainfall from next Wednesday or Thursday. Best to make the most of the dryish weather over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fantastic day
    Dry bright and sunny And most importantly no cutting breeze !

Outside in the garden from 7pm till now with a few friends, while slightly chilly it was dry and a lovely sunset in cork city. Lovely evening. Can't see the coment though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Very pleased to finally get a proper look at the comet here in Mayo tonight. Equally as pleased to have had a lovely bright evening earlier and now a grand clear night that was perfect for spotting the ISS passing not so long ago also. It is cool out there but very welcome to have a proper view of the night sky again after a lot of the cloud and murk of recent weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Goldfinch8 wrote: »
    Very pleased to finally get a proper look at the comet here in Mayo tonight. Equally as pleased to have had a lovely bright evening earlier and now a grand clear night that was perfect for spotting the ISS passing not so long ago also. It is cool out there but very welcome to have a proper view of the night sky again after a lot of the cloud and murk of recent weeks.

Yeah I saw the ISS passing overhead as well but no view of the comet though. Maybe I`m looking in the wrong part of the sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lovely blue sky start to the day.. already had a walk by the blackwater

We only had 3 hours of sun yesterday, but this morning is stunning.

Hope it doesn't disappear again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭4Ad

Fabulous morning in East Clare, one of those 'It's great to be alive mornings'...Good run done around the 12 O Clock hills..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Lovely start to the morning here in North Donegal so I decided to start oiling the decking before the bad weather comes again in a few days.

Sure enough 40 minutes after starting the heavens opened up here.

This is our decent weather, I can't wait for the bad weather to come back...

Blue skies to start the day in Cork City. First time in a while that we have woken up to blue skies. Its also warm at about 17 degrees but the sun makes it feel warmer. Hopefully it lasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Decent sunny spells in Letterkenny again but a persistent cool breeze making it feel more like April than mid July. Best weekend since the June bank holiday all the same

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lovely day in Meath, sunny spells and mild.

Decent sunny spells in Letterkenny again but a persistent cool breeze making it feel more like April than mid July. Best weekend since the June bank holiday all the same

Rain not reached Letterkenny? I'm in Fanad, had a few showers now this morning.
    Big difference in temperature between Donegal and most the rest of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dry and bright in south mayo
    Cool breeze though

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭alentejo

Lovely morning in Dublin
    Lifted my spirits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Beautiful day in Dublin again. Another classic example though of Ireland and Britain vs continental Europe. Today..... Edinburgh 15 degrees, Dublin and London 18 degrees, Paris 30 degree, Madrid 34. Just unreal the difference in temps.

That said I would take today most days, very pleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lovely day in Sligo. 17c Sunny. Thatl do.

Another classic example though of Ireland and Britain vs continental Europe. Today..... Edinburgh 15 degrees, Dublin and London 18 degrees, Paris 30 degree, Madrid 34. Just unreal the difference in temps.

GFSOPEU06_30_2.png

tomorrows upper air temperatures for Europe show this perfectly, this is how it's been for the majority of summer so far with the exception of a few days. A line slightly north from Paris to Berlin and northwards is where it has been mostly unsettled and cool. Very warm or hot continuously south of that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A lovely bright day again in Castlebar, 19C now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Rain not reached Letterkenny? I'm in Fanad, had a few showers now this morning.
    Big difference in temperature between Donegal and most the rest of Ireland.

Nope, never rained here. Turned into a lovely afternoon now, cloud a lot more broken and it's warmed up enough to take the edge off the wind

Nope, never rained here. Turned into a lovely afternoon now, cloud a lot more broken and it's warmed up enough to take the edge off the wind

Yea the showers stayed away after my last message and sun is shining now, but quite breezy.
    Hopefully now stays dry so I can do second coat on decking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If we could only bottle this day. Perfect for me - sunny, light breeze, low humidity

• Advertisement

Absolutely stunning here in garden in NCD.

It wasnt perfect good bit of cloudy through day + that breeze but in suntrap here relaxing + clouds have all disappeared. Second coat of paint on fence + shed done + dusted. Happy days!

First time since June Bank holiday I think that actual counts as a beautiful summers day here with plenty of sunshine. I'd say it will be our highest day for July in terms of sunshine hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement