Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Yes lovely day here in north kk/ south laois/ carlow border. Has been sunny and warm since early morning and a cracking evening too. Sitting in the garden drinking the sunshine and making the most of it,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

The last 2 days have finally proven to me its absolutely pointless looking at weather forecasts, or at least MTs. Unbroken sunshine since dawn lovley.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

I rate a sunny day much more than a dull cloudy one.

Today won't be as warm as one of days during week but what it did have was bags + bags of sunshine which we all badly needed. July has been horrendously dull here up to now.

More of these days please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

If we could only bottle this day. Perfect for me - sunny, light breeze, low humidity

Agreed, one of the most pleasant in ages; a perfect summer day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Clouded over for a while in Cork City around 4/4:30. Brightening up again though from about 7 but there is cloud around. Still a lovely day though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was a beautiful day in the far north.
    Out a run with the kids, windy but not cold.

Only rained at about 8pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today was a perfect day here in Meath, long sunny spells and feeling mild on the warmish side. I can probably count on one hand the number of very sunny days we've had since June the 1st and today was one of them!

The next 2 days look fairly decent too then big changes to something far more unsettled from Thursday onward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Working all weekend and until friday coming.
    Seeing MT's prediction of bad weather on Friday genuinely makes me want to lie down and cry.

Feel like this summer has been very hit and miss.....always miss when I'm on my days off. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

I'd say our sunshine for month now up to 33hours so I cant see it being dullest July on record. Also tomorrow more sun and maybe next day too so I may lose count.

At beach today there was tons of people there. Went swimming and was genuinely surprised at how relatively warm water was. I was expecting numb legs but it was only slightly cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

This evening I saw 2 irish people dressed like they were in spain wearing hardly anything and a minute earlier I saw someone else from another country wearing a big puffy winter jacket...What we think is warm...is freezing to people from other countries...and this was one of the better summer days we have had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The beautiful Mayo coastline this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

This morning was very hazy but from 2ish on it cleared up with not a cloud to be seen.
    Lovely afternoon for sitting out but the temperature dropped like a stone later in the evening.
    Hopefully a few more like that this week.
    Currently only 8c out now.

July 19th

Mount Dillon down to 7 degrees at 11pm.... perhaps... a touch of frost later in sheltered places.

Todays Sunshine hours

Johnstown Castle 14.4 hours
    Shannon 13.7
    Gurteen 12
    Casement 11.5

Not so good further north
    Malin head 6.3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

Todays Sunshine hours

Johnstown Castle 14.4 hours
    Shannon 13.7
    Gurteen 12
    Casement 11.5

Not so good further north
    Malin head 6.3 hours

What was Dublin airport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Spent yesterday in west cork it was a smashing day mostly sunny gentle breeze and warm in the sun. Easily the best day since June 2nd that I’ve experienced anyway. Beautiful start to today also sunny and bright. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another stunning morning in Dublin. Lovely run of weather in recent days, a very welcome change

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Overnight minima

520525.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Second morning in a row that a negative grass temp reading was recorded at the Met Eireann 'WOW' station just outside of town here: Not bad for what is statistically the warmest period in the year.

ZVxD49p.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Overnight minima

520525.png

Aren’t those figures only up until midnight (or 1am) though? In other words for yesterday?

To get the figures between around 3 to 6am from this morning (when it’s usually coldest) we’ll need to wait for tomorrow’s data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

Somewhere like Mt Dillon might have got down to 2.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

appledrop wrote: »
    What was Dublin airport?

12.6 hrs.

Perfect day yesterday and today so far ain't half bad either. I'll take any kind of sunshine I get these days after that atrocious first week - it has been infinitely better since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

compsys wrote: »
    Aren’t those figures only up until midnight (or 1am) though? In other words for yesterday?

To get the figures between around 3 to 6am from this morning (when it’s usually coldest) we’ll need to wait for tomorrow’s data.

No, they are from the 06Z synop reports, which report overnight minima.

Big difference between yesterday's sunshine totals for Casement (12.3 hours) and Dublin Airport (5.5 hours), yet the two are only 16 km apart.

EDIT: Just seen sryan's post there. Not sure why the synop only reported 5.5 hours for Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful sunrise in Portmarnock yesterday and the water ovely for a swim. Cool temps in the early hours.
    Finished the day in Laytown with the sun coming and going between the clouds.

Sunny and cloudy Meath

Off to Galway now. Hope the Atlantic doesn't give off too much precip for the week

Was a very nice morning in cork city and warm! Clouds starting to move up from the south though unfortunately. Sun still shining in between them though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Overnight low of +4.4°c in south Laois with a grass minimum of +2.1°c.
    Saturday night into Sunday morning air temperatures dropped to +5.3°c with a grass minimum of +2.5°c.
    Maximum air temperatures reached 19.4°c on Saturday and 19.6°c yesterday.

Lots of strong sunshine which feels hot on the skin despite the sub-20°c daytime temperatures!

Clouded over now in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Clouded over now in cork city

Feels like it’s gonna piss rain

jackrussel wrote: »
    Feels like it’s gonna piss rain

It definitely does, but nothing anywhere on the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

absolute peach of a day in Dublin 5. Sun splitting the sky all day. Loving this recent weather over the past number of days, such a welcome change

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement