Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Two warmest and coolest mean max temperatures for this July so far (up to yester) A clear north/south split going on.

TFM4cMP.png

-- Met Eireann.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s cloudy but when the sun comes out it fairly warms up in South Mayo
    Another good day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Glorious day here in Fanad, Donegal today. Temps maybe still on the low side but it feels the nicest day this summer so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Two warmest and coolest mean max temperatures for this July so far (up to yester) A clear north/south split going on.

TFM4cMP.png

-- Met Eireann.

15º is fairly miserable alright for July!

What's the average high for Dublin i.e. PP and DA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Gone very cloudy here since lunchtime and being honest cool. Grand but a bit meh really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sun came back out here around 5pm and has stayed out, cloudy up north but pure blue otherwise. Warm too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A lot of cloud in Letterkenny today and feeling cool again, dry with decent sunny spells though which seems to be the best we can hope for this summer. Looks increasingly like the June bank holiday is going to be the only time this year I could comfortably go out for the day in just a t-shirt

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another beautiful day in Meath, plenty of sunshine although not that warm, feeling mild tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful day in Greystones

9-A71-B5-EA-BF60-40-B8-B8-A2-CAEC493-C061-F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Another nice day here, sunny early on and mostly cloudy in the middle of the day but very sunny again this evening.
    Fresh out at times but cant complain.

• Advertisement

compsys wrote: »
    15º is fairly miserable alright for July!

What's the average high for Dublin i.e. PP and DA?

Doing OK relatively speaking:
    PP = 18.6c / DA = 17.7c.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cloudy in Sligo and Donegal now.

Met Eireann predicted a min of 4c here tonight on RTE Weather.

Let's see how right they are.

I fail to see how it can be 4c and so cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another lovely day in Dublin, crikey that’s like 5 Mostly sunny days in a row. Sweet as

pauldry wrote: »
    Cloudy in Sligo and Donegal now.

Met Eireann predicted a min of 4c here tonight on RTE Weather.

Let's see how right they are.

I fail to see how it can be 4c and so cloudy.

9c was as low as it was in all the West and Northwest

The weather on TV is so lazy, like they usually show only 2 temperatures e.g 16c in the North and 19c in the South or at best one temperature for each province.

Maybe they should just colour the map of Ireland yellow and orange, (did they used to do this before...or maybe they still do it. My mind is wandering) also for rainfall they should colour the map according to severeness too. Like Gonzo does here.

Lovely morning here sky is a bit hazy but lovely warmth in the sun a proper summery day. No complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Nicest weather so far this summer. 5 consecutive days of sunny skys now. Today feels the hottest here. How did this happen so unexpectedly?

Dont worry the long missed rain will be back in abundance soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Is there any reason the jet stream has been sitting over ireland and the uk the last number of weeks? We seem to be getting hit with everything off the atlantic. Any sign of an azores high to give us a decent spell of weather like we had in may? How i long for the summer we had in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

From Met Eireann

Ireland has full tilt towards the Sun around June 21st & our warmest months are June/July/August but daily variations are largely determined by air mass & cloud

Monday night: Clear skies/polar air/2C
    Tonight: Cloudy/humid air/12C

Smashing afternoon here sunny and warm beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

Wasn't expecting today to be so nice.

Off to park it is now after work.

Raining in Sligo.....again

From Met Eireann

Ireland has full tilt towards the Sun around June 21st & our warmest months are June/July/August but daily variations are largely determined by air mass & cloud

Monday night: Clear skies/polar air/2C
    Tonight: Cloudy/humid air/12C

Huh?

evosteo wrote: »
    Is there any reason the jet stream has been sitting over ireland and the uk the last number of weeks? We seem to be getting hit with everything off the atlantic. Any sign of an azores high to give us a decent spell of weather like we had in may? How i long for the summer we had in 2018

Ireland's location means we're constantly in the firing line of the jet anyway.

It's been a poor enough summer but the weather we've experienced is by no means exceptional or weird unfortunately as this is...Ireland.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yep unfortunately unsettled and often cool summers from the Atlantic/jetstream is the form horse for this country. As we can see from this summer the Azores can have great difficulty struggling to get a foothold over us when the Atlantic is in full flow.

No complaints.

Clonmel, you are not thinking straight, come back to us before they take ownership of your thoughts and feelings forever!

source.gif

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Beautiful here in Celbridge. Standing in sunshine with some high clouds overhead but strangely there are some drops falling from it the sky. There must be a virga overhead that I can't see. Anyone further west from me able to see a virga over this direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Bar the rain over night last friday night it has been a great week,definitely the best week since the June bank holiday weekend

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Been a grand spell of weather here in Kerry, nice and mild even though we were under a fresher colder air mass over the weekend, low cloud skies giving good decent daytime temperatures and cool nights grand for sleeping, perfect for me really. Was down in South Kerry Sunday and the visibility was crystal clear in the low humidity giving great definition to the mountains and woodlands and great star gazing the last few nights. Had very heavy rain here Fri night last into early Sat morning giving 14.8mm, grand day afterwards though.

Last six days Max and Min temps

16th - 21.4C / 14.2C
    17th - 17.3C / 15.4C
    18th - 17.8C / 9.2C
    19th - 18.5C / 5.4C
    20th - 19.1C / 7.8C
    21th - 20.3C / 7.6C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Miserable wet evening in Letterkenny after another grey day, lights on since 6pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement