Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The weather seems to be in a 7 day cycle with a low pressure influence arriving every weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

The weather seems to be in a 7 day cycle with a low pressure influence arriving every weekend

I've found the past two weekends to be the best two days of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yet another day with temperatures rising above 20c,has been a very pleasant fortnight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Yet another day with temperatures rising above 20c,has been a very pleasant fortnight

Yeah right!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

10pm and 18 degrees! Fecking roasting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

leahyl wrote: »
    10pm and 18 degrees! Fecking roasting!

I'll one up you, 19.5 in my garden atm!

EDIT: 19.1 now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

degsie wrote: »
    Yeah right!

It's the truth,some of the mornings we had light rain or a shower but the days always opened up and got lovely sunny evenings,well today the temp only reached 20.1!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Extraordinarily little difference between the lows and highs these last few weeks here.

High Pressure = heavily overcast but relatively dry.
    Low Pressure = heavily overcast with the odd spot of drizzle.
    In between = heavily overcast just for the sake of it.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yesterday wasn't great in Dublin but today is nice so far and the week has been fine. Carry same thoughts as some that Saturday to Tuesday was probably nicest period all summer so far though some individual days in June were better.

EDIT: Still ok this afternoon but less sunny.

EDIT again: Now lashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Drizzle this morning. Sigh.

Co. Leitrim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Dirty afternoon here now overcast and raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Miserable.
    Forecast unsettled all the way through until August.

But sure there will still be 1/3 of the summer left.......the fraction is getting smaller without the forecast signals improving

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Miserable in West Clare, but I care less about the weather now that I'm back to work.

Pity it's my day off.

Gonna look at pictures of Spain now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭techdiver

Pissing in the midlands now too. Forecast is pretty muck too. Might be dry Sunday but that's it. I'd settle for just no rain. Not even asking for scorching weather, just dry!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

km79 wrote: »
    Miserable.
    Forecast unsettled all the way through until August.

But sure there will still be 1/3 of the summer left.......the fraction is getting smaller without the forecast signals improving

not only are the signals not improving, they are actually getting worse. August is really shaping up to be a cool, wet and possibly autumnal month judging by the latest charts.

Summer 2020 has not been kind to those who like their summer months mostly dry, warm and relatively settled. Mostly likely we will finish up with the poorest summer since 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Domes are the way to go. They've had them in the US, Japan and elsewhere for decades. Glass domes over community hubs that provide cover from the elements, and give people a chance to not go crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy rain in D8

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pouring rain here in Meath too over the past hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

Lashing rain here no surprise since I'm now officially on annual leave!

How I would love to be heading off on that plane to the sun but its not too be.

At this stage I'll take a few dry days so we can actually get out + do things.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gonzo wrote: »
    not only are the signals not improving, they are actually getting worse. August is really shaping up to be a cool, wet and possibly autumnal month judging by the latest charts.

Summer 2020 has not been kind to those who like their summer months mostly dry, warm and relatively settled. Mostly likely we will finish up with the poorest summer since 2012.

Oh Jesus Christ
    Are we allowed complain yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Oh Jesus Christ

But but spring was amazing around the entire country :p

Oh Jesus Christ

Complain?

Down with that sort of thing!

Sure its lovely out.... if your a duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

No complaining allowed. You must enjoy the pissing rain and slate grey skies, shur tis lovely really. And don't forget that amazing Spring.....just be thankful.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    No complaining allowed. You must enjoy the pissing rain and slate grey skies, shur tis lovely really. And don't forget that amazing Spring.....just be thankful.

I'll keep this mantra in my head to use with my four year old over next two weeks when we are enjoying our stay cation in lashing rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

appledrop wrote: »
    Complain?

Down with that sort of thing!

Sure its lovely out.... if your a duck.

careful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Neighbour farmer here in Meath told me at the end of May that the weather would break after June bank holiday weekend and wouldn’t pick up properly until August bank holiday weekend. Met him just there again and he said he’s still convinced it’s going to turn much warmer by the end of next week in time for the bank holiday weekend and for most of August. He got the last 2 months right so hopefully he’s on to something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

A lot less rain than expected here in Clondalkin. I thought we were to have downpours from 4pm all evening. Heavy shower for an hour 4-5 and dry again.

Neighbour farmer here in Meath told me at the end of May that the weather would break after June bank holiday weekend and wouldn’t pick up properly until August bank holiday weekend. Met him just there again and he said he’s still convinced it’s going to turn much warmer by the end of next week in time for the bank holiday weekend and for most of August. He got the last 2 months right so hopefully he’s on to something!

I really hope he is right! I'd say half the country have that week off for holidays + since we are all stuck in Ireland we could do with some nice weather.

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease ! I'll be keeping fingers and toes crossed! Too early to head into Autumn just yet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »

Luckily, we've also had a lovely fortnight of weather down in Cork too. Warm, settled and quite sunny. Just 30mm for the month so far, but it seems to be exceptional compared to the rest of the country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement