Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pallas Foods Collective

Options
  • 08-05-2020 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭

Pallas Foods Click and Collect is great. Quick and reliable and they still have loads of flour! But there’s a €30 spend limit.

If you would like to buy from them but only want one/two items then post here and see if someone else wants to join in.

Not 100% sure how it going to work but something like Netflix and Spotify family groups on here.

Maybe post how much your items cost and where your nearest pick up point is and see if you can find a match.

You could both turn up at the pick up point together (mutually agreed) or one person could kindly deliver to others.

Cash on delivery or SEPA transfers - make sure you agree on which beforehand!!

Hopefully it will help some people.

Please Note. Boards is in no way responsible if you get scammed by another poster. Remember, agree terms before you buy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

What a great idea, why didn’t I think of that! ;)

I’m looking to spend €9.50. €14.50 at a push.

Nearest pick up point Airside, Swords.

I can deliver as long as it’s not too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

An idea might also be spotting oddball stuff that people might not have considered buying, which could get their purchase up over the limit.

e.g. on amazon I often buy plain clothes to get over the €20 limit.

On pallas I saw they have the luckyboat noodles that chinese takeaways use, but the box is huge.

I brew cider and was looking at the cases of apple juice. I would not be comfortable doing my usual cleanout of tesco these days as it might look like hoarding, though the panic buying craze has sort of stopped.

There may be other long life stuff people may consider.

Or things like washing up liquids. Again bulk but could be kept in a garage or shed and refill small bottles.
    https://collect.pallasfoods.com/deepio-washing-up-liquid-2x5-lt-104223.html

They have giant persil
    https://collect.pallasfoods.com/persil-powder-detergent-biological-90-wash-1x6.3-kg-119658.html

There are toilet rolls, tinfoil, containers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

very interesting cuts of beef to be had there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

What do you collect from?
    Also, I'm slightly obsessed with the idea of trying potato dogs some I saw them listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

very interesting cuts of beef to be had there too.

yeah I'll definitely be using it in the winter to make a ragu from their wild game stewing pieces, they come in 2.5kg bags so I'll get get a couple of cooks out of it. They've got quails there too which Ive never cooked before.

Am I right to say that Pallas are the main supplier to the restaurant trade? Certainly looks that way by the amount of trucks you see on the roads and them often blocking up cycle lanes in the city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Am I right to say that Pallas are the main supplier to the restaurant trade? Certainly looks that way by the amount of trucks you see on the roads and them often blocking up cycle lanes in the city centre
    They are certainly big alright, I have been at a fair few industry catering shows and they always have a large stand, usually the biggest, and lots of free eats :pac::pac:

I saw other stuff like 3kg tins of bamboo shoots for just 2.80
    https://collect.pallasfoods.com/bamboo-shoots-whole-tin-1x3-kg-or344.html

while in tesco 225g is 1.15.

I was thinking I could recan/sterilize them once opened, in jars in my instantpot. So no taking up fridge or freezer space.

You would think they would do smaller sizes just as samples for the trade. I am interested in Southern fried chicken breading, but 10kg is just too risky, besides the difficulty of using it all up. There are no brands or ingredients given for lots of stuff too. It could be very basic seasoning which I would not be interested in.
    https://collect.pallasfoods.com/southern-fried-irish-chicken-breading-1x10-kg-g7550.html

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    What do you collect from?
    Also, I'm slightly obsessed with the idea of trying potato dogs some I saw them listed.

When I collected from Kilmacud, it was a truck in a car park. Driver jumps out and gets your box from the back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's a truck at the side of the Wright Venue in Airside too. Last week I had to order a ton of Alpen for Mr Dizzy because it's delisted in Tesco and Supervalu now.

It's a truck at the side of the Wright Venue in Airside too. Last week I had to order a ton of Alpen for Mr Dizzy because it's delisted in Tesco and Supervalu now.

Any chance he’s finished it all by now? :rolleyes: ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

No, it'll be months - and if I'd known you were going to start this thread I wouldn't have had to buy so much :pac:

• Advertisement

No, it'll be months - and if I'd known you were going to start this thread I wouldn't have had to buy so much :pac:

Darn and drat! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

Anyone know anything about the curry sauces and pastes they have outside of usual mc Donnells and knorr. Would like to try some of the ones used in restaurants but can't seem to find any detail on the brands online.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

AFAIK a lot of Chinese takeaways use this paste for their chicken curries, its available in Tesco
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/details/?id=259731818

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

mjp wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the curry sauces and pastes they have outside of usual mc Donnells and knorr. Would like to try some of the ones used in restaurants but can't seem to find any detail on the brands online.

Give Mayflower curry sauce a go they do normal and hot types, I find it as close to the Chinese takeaway as I got so far. In Supervalu and other shops.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement