Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending a large parcel from Galway to Kerry?

Options
  • 08-05-2020 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about sending a large parcel to Kerry ?
    I cannot get through to any delivery company to collect it and obviously am unable to drive with the restrictions.

Has anyone had any joy sending a parcel via Bus Eireann ?
    Or any suggestions ?
    It's big and heavy 110x38x56cm and about 20 kgs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did you try the post office..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Hi Folks,
    Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about sending a large parcel to Kerry ?
    I cannot get through to any delivery company to collect it and obviously am unable to drive with the restrictions.

Has anyone had any joy sending a parcel via Bus Eireann ?
    Or any suggestions ?
    It's big and heavy 110x38x56cm and about 20 kgs

Dpd collected a package from my door last week. Ring your local depot they'll have a van in the area can pick it.

Sorry, I should say the company I work for has an account with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Dpd collected a package from my door last week. Ring your local depot they'll have a van in the area can pick it.

Sorry, I should say the company I work for has an account with them

Thanks Looey , DPD are going to take it. Spent 2 days trying to get through to them but finally managed it this morning shortly after posting :D

Did you try the post office..

Of Course I tried the post office. They use Volumetric pricing on parcels so my 20kg parcel became 60 :rolleyes: but in any case I need it picked up and couldn't get through to them.

You can send stuff though parcel motel if you can get to a location and the other person can access one on the other end? Not sure on their weight limits though.

• Advertisement

You can send stuff though parcel motel if you can get to a location and the other person can access one on the other end? Not sure on their weight limits though.

Contacted them too but no reply.

Advertisement