Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel2Go/Nightline Lost my Package

Options
  • 08-05-2020 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    This has been a nightmare for me. This has been my first time using Parcel2Go.

On 15th April I shipped €400 worth of PC parts to Dublin using next day delivery from Ireland. I paid extra for protection and next day delivery.

Long story short, Nightline have lost the package and confirmed to me over the phone that the package is lost and has been checked in both Limerick and Dublin depots.

Parcel2Go support (which is only email or live chat) have been brutal. Most of the responses are automated until I kicked up a fuss to eventually get to a manager. They opened a case for me on 22nd April. I reminded them countless times that I rang Nightline and it took only around 15 minutes to get confirmation over the phone that the parcel was lost. They told me they can only confirm it through their own avenues/investigation but if Nightline have confirmed it then it should be long.

We are now at the 8th May and the "investigation" still hasn't progressed. I rang Nightline again on Tuesday and they again confirmed that it was lost and they have sent all relevant documentation on.

Parcel2Go are seemingly refusing to budge and telling me to potentially wait up to 14 working days. This seems horrendous! Am I being completely unreasonable here or do I have cause for some sort of action to be taken? I'm immensely disappointed that the first time I've ever used this service has caused me so much grief.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Alan3002

Just off the Livechat with Parcel2Go. They confirmed that Nightline has not contacted them.

Rang Nightline and off the phone, they have confirmed that Parcel2Go has not contacted them.

????

Shambles. I don't know what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Alan3002

Just off livechat with Parcel2Go again, it was interesting to say the least with a lot of "goalpost" movements.

Here is the transcript:
    12:04:29 PM [Alan O'Connor] Please use self serve options below where possible or connect to an agent
    12:15:06 PM [Lizi] Hello, you are chatting to Lizi.
    12:15:23 PM [Alan O'Connor] Hello, I'd like to speak to a manager or supervisor please regarding on ongoing issue
    12:16:55 PM [Lizi]
    Hi Alan, is it about <enquiry number> please?

12:17:27 PM [Alan O'Connor] Yes. I have been off the phone to Nightline and they confirmed to me that Parcel2Go has NOT contacted them about any claims/investigation. I would like to speak to a manager.
    12:18:12 PM [Lizi]
    There is a claim pending, Alan, they can take up to 14 days to go through, I can see this does have an active claim on it.

12:18:22 PM [Alan O'Connor] I'd like to speak to a Manager please.
    12:18:43 PM [Alan O'Connor] It's now 13 working days. There is no way this will be solved within 14
    12:19:17 PM [Lizi]
    You would need to speak to someone in the claims department, Alan, they are not working this bank holiday weekend, so it would be best to pop back onto chat on Monday and then they could update you? (It's 14 days from when the enquiry was opened that I mean, sorry, which was on the 28th)

12:20:04 PM [Alan O'Connor] The enquiry was opened on the 22nd
    12:20:08 PM [Alan O'Connor] I'm looking at it right now
    12:20:32 PM [Alan O'Connor] Enquiry Created: Wednesday 22nd April 2020
    12:20:41 PM [Lizi]
    OK, from my side it's showing the 28th, however even so, the claims team aren't open until Monday, now I do apologise.

12:21:00 PM [Alan O'Connor] No problem, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Parcel2Go are an absolute cowboy of an operation.

Booked with them Sunday, collection Monday.

No collection Monday and the booking wasn't even registered...1 day wasted.

Called late Monday evening and "there was a problem with the courier"....Booking finally on the system.

Colection today - nothing...Parcel2Go chat for over an hour ended up in them telling me they cannot guarantee the service

JOKE OF A SERVICE

AVOID this 'broker'

Advertisement