Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boardsie's own (or family/friends) cars for sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi all, this is more a request more than anything...

My wife and I are looking for a family car, something reliable that is high up and have reasonable storage.

Just in case anyone here, which is a fantastic resource of all things cars, is looking to sell theirs.

Our budget is up to 8k.

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

rsz-1njyzodgxyzk2mmjly2m5njjim2i5m2fiy2i4nguzmjuwt8ifhrgoyrt2bw5lunesahr0cdovl3mzlwv1lxdlc3qtms5hbwf.jpg

FORE SALE: Subaru Impreza WRX 2.5 Turbo

Really is in top condition.

555 reg too!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-impreza-wrx2-5-turbo-hawkeye/26145911

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Hi guys.

Family recently got bigger (now 2 kids) so now am in the market for a 2nd car (1st is 2011 Auris 1.8 hybrid - great car, never a thing wrong with it!). Budget is in the €8-11k range. Looking for a crossover type for the height off the ground (bad roads locally) and space, did my test in the Auris so can only buy automatic. My daily commute is about 85 miles round trip so diesel would probably be best.

Currently looking at a Ford Kuga Titanium 2011, 140k miles, 4WD, 2.0 diesel, immaculate condition for about €8k.

Any thoughts on this or alternatives? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If a boardsie has something for sale that would suit me I would deffo have a look. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

Beautiful car but can you comment on how it came to need a new engine after only 70k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

As a follow up, to my message of last week, car passed NCT yeaterday, so now NCT'd till End Oct 21, Taxed till Aug 21,

2009 Prius for sale,

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-toyota-prius-t3-nct-10-21-tax-08-21-4-250/26041901

Trading up to 181 Prius, so sticking with Toyota,

I have had the car since Aug 2010, 100k miles on it, in good condition for its age, looking for €4,250 ONO,
    I'm in no great rush to sell, as replacement car can wait and not really driving much these days.

If anyone interested pm me,

okane1 wrote: »

Sold within two days and just bought its replacement from NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

okane1 wrote: »
    Sold within two days and just bought its replacement from NI.

What did you get in NI and who did you use, in a similar situation and would like to buy soon.

Irishder wrote: »
    What did you get in NI and who did you use, in a similar situation and would like to buy soon.

Our family in increasing (3 kids) so needed a car to take 3No. car seats.
    Went for a Ford S-Max. I used Trust Ford in Lisburn. I bought my wife's car off them last year and found them excellent to deal with.

I emailed them last week with the specs I wanted and they came back straight away with options both in their garage and also from the Trust Ford network in NI. The car I got is coming to them from another garage. Saving the bones of €6k over Irish car with a quarter of mileage on it.

Again super easy to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Edit. Sold to a lovely couple.

This Panda was a great car. I'd highly recommend one to anybody starting off or needing a handy car around town.

My 2011 Panda 1.2

https://www.adverts.ie/car/fiat/panda/2011-panda-1-2-new-nct-tax-june-21/21822209

YzE5NjY2NTFlNzZjMDA4ODhhZWI2ODRjMThjZTQzMzZQdv9Tj4dg-zgbyze9yzB4aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZGRiMGYxMGQ5N2Y4NmMwMDZlN2EyY2M5OWI5ZGI5M2RhN2EyYTMzYTI3YjlhMWQzMTg3YWY1YmNhYWU3NjdiZC5qcGd8fHx8fHw5ODB4NDU0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Dealers are looking for crazy money for high mileage cars. I've pitched mine a bit below them. Mine has two minor cosmetic blemishes, but is otherwise a minter given its age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

This is my Civic CDTi, bought it earlier in the year as I'd just started a new job and reckoned I'd be putting up fair mileage and needed something that'd be reliable and economical (which it has been, rarely goes above 5l/100km even on long motorway runs).
    Lockdowns and more working from home means I've no real justification for hanging onto it at the moment
    (I'm updating the ad in the morning with better photos, didn't realise how bad some of them came out till I'd uploaded them)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-1-6-cdti-sport-nct-07-2021-fsh/26238387

YTBhZjk3ZmM2YTIxMjMwOWRmZDMyMzdmMTVhNTIzODUJRrdo6q7A2aFTjdeZYusIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTkyMTI2MTZ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Selling my V50 Auto 2.4 D5. Bought as a stop gap while sorting a mortgage and moving house. Need something manual as my son is learning to drive now. €1950

MTUxZDYwOTQ2ZWVmODgxZjVmMWRlZDA3ZGJlNTc1ZDlvr7TvFcFLmsHSIQOuh9SkaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTk3NjI4OTB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v50-d5-2-4l-se-lux-automatic/26263436

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Selling my V50 Auto 2.4 D5. Bought as a stop gap while sorting a mortgage and moving house. Need something manual as my son is learning to drive now. €1950[/IMG]

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v50-d5-2-4l-se-lux-automatic/26263436

That's lovely, any more pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

stuck up a few more today of the interior and receipts, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

Price now down to €3,900 or as close to that as I can get if anyone interested contact me,

Replacement car now available to be collected, so Prius ready to be transfered to a new owner,

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-toyota-prius-3-900-ono/26041901

Dont really want to hold on and see what happens after 6 weeks, as replacement car needs to be taxed, so would like to use it in this period,

If intetested get in touch ASAP before we go into lockdown,

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Itchyness

• Registered Users Posts: 14 irishboyrudy

132 Volkswagen Golf 1.6 tdi bluemotion
    127,000km
    NCT to Oct 21
    Tax to Oct 21 €180, I just paid it for the year.
    Very economical to run.
    Looking at changing to an SUV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I don't see a price anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cian86

After getting the valve stem oil seals done in this it now needs a head gasket... And I need a house deposit!

Quoted €550 for the job and dropped the car by €700. A really great car for someone who has the contacts to get the gasket done. Long NCT and two brand new tyres last week.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e90-318i-m-sport/25515733

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Cian86 wrote: »
    After getting the valve stem oil seals done in this it now needs a head gasket... And I need a house deposit!

Quoted €550 for the job and dropped the car by €700. A really great car for someone who has the contacts to get the gasket done. Long NCT and two brand new tyres last week.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e90-318i-m-sport/25515733

I'm sorry but your price is still a mile too high. But you never know....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Oops! wrote: »
    I'm sorry but your price is still a mile too high. But you never know....

I was thinking same, but wasn't going to mention it because i thought i must be missing something about this particular BMW, would it have had new head gasket when seals replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I was thinking same, but wasn't going to mention it because i thought i must be missing something about this particular BMW, would it have had new head gasket when seals replaced?

Now without seeing the car or knowing the full story of what's gone on, the cheapest way out of that situation in my view is fit another engine. Job done.

I hate when i read adds that say "needs headgasket replaced".... Truth is you don't know what it needs till it's stripped and inspected.

The reality of that car at the moment is it's worth whatever anybody is willing to offer and take a risk after that. Even somebody in the trade would offer very little.

All just my opinion of course....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cian86

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

The same did occur to me yes. I checked back through the invoice and looked at the process and no, the head doesn't come off for the valve oil seals. Obviously the price on the car isn't set in stone. Room for movement of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

There isn’t a big demand for 318i engine. In fairness your car is a lovely example of one but the price...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

frash wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips
    I threw it up for €750
    https://www.adverts.ie/car/volkswagen/passat/2003-volkswagen-passat-for-sale/1314186

Any comments welcome (as are offers obviously!)

Back again looking for advice
    I put this up for €750 when it still had some NCT left on it

I did the test & it failed
    Have a price from my mechanic of €250 to get it through the test so I've lowered the price to €500.

Is there much point in me putting it though the test myself in the hope of maybe selling it for €900?

I might be throwing good money after bad.
    The good money being getting the timing belt and water pump done in Jan only for it to be sitting idle since March (working from home since Covid kicked in)
    Also the new battery (from sitting idle).

Opinions welcome

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

frash wrote: »
    Back again looking for advice
    I put this up for €750 when it still had some NCT left on it

I did the test & it failed
    Have a price from my mechanic of €250 to get it through the test so I've lowered the price to €500.

Is there much point in me putting it though the test myself in the hope of maybe selling it for €900?

I might be throwing good money after bad.
    The good money being getting the timing belt and water pump done in Jan only for it to be sitting idle since March (working from home since Covid kicked in)
    Also the new battery (from sitting idle).

Opinions welcome

Thanks

what are the jobs that need doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Idbatterim wrote: »
    what are the jobs that need doing?

Thanks for the reply

Anti-roll bushes & link (both sides at the front)
    CV Boot (they always get me on that) - also the front

They couldn't test the beams as there was fog on the inside of one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-toyota-corolla-1-4-diesel/26338284

Might be of use to someone. That's the second one of these I've had this year. Again, bought it to tidy it up and sell it. I've sorted a few issues it had and it's now got a good few years driving left in it i think.

I dont think that's against the rules of this thread to post a car like that (but if another mod thinks so, feel free to nuke me :pac:)

There's a spicey scuff on the front bumper on the passenger side otherwise the bodywork is very good. A little wear on the drivers seat inside but the rest of the interior is clean.

I bought it with a few issues, radio not working, windows not working, needed a battery and a few odds and ends but i've tidied it up, mostly with second hand parts to be honest but it's a good going car now.

This is a Luna so not as terminally dreery as most, it has alloys, fogs, multi function steering wheel and air con.

Bit of tax left and a decent chunk of test. Obviously will do a good deal for a boardsie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Sister in law is shifting this on as she wanted something more modern/spacious with a new baby. Said I'd advertise it for her.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-kia-ceed-1-4-ex-tax-05-21-nct-01-21/26447369

Nice lash of tax, small miles since the last test. It was a spare car for years after her dad bought it from her sister to tip around in when her mother was using the good car. I drove it myself for 6 months when I was waiting for a new car to come in and it's decent.

Boardsie discount applies ;)

Advertisement