Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 350 a week was a catastrophic and costly mistake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Taking money from childrens cancer ward to pay travellers dole is what you're calling for is it?

What an idiotic statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

nthclare wrote: »
    I hear you,wires get crossed sometimes on board's..

I'm slightly dyslexic,so it's difficult to get my point across..and there's so many variables and different scenarios.

This is the ultimate social sh1t storm..

I wish you well during this, I wouldn't wish any hardship on anyone..

My post's are blunt sometimes,but it's not personal...

Blunt I like. It is a total **** storm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

What an idiotic statement.
    Not in comparison to yours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

nthclare wrote: »
    I see you addressed your own post without an upper case heading.

I'm not griping about a short term support payment, like another poster here if you were a news reporter your headings would be...

Here's a photo of a snake rescuing a fish from drowning , the snake is holding the fish in his mouth and will leave him on the bank to breathe out the rest of his life in a safe environment..

Then the fish will fly off to happy pastured... basically consumed by the snake and shat out its arse...

Did anyone bail out the people when the banks fcked them over, no they didn't...

As for air accommodation, they didn't speculate to accumulate I know a few people who left good jobs rubbed it in people's faces that they are going to clean up by being mini hotels.
    A bit like the landlords during the building boom, living off the rents and spending their money on objet d'art and fast car's...now they're living in damp bedsits and their only company during the winter is the dampness trickling down the west wall, while the precipitation is coming in from the west of Cork and Kerry on its way westwards..

I suggested that I made hay while the sunshine's out of my covid payment and not begrudging anyone, I'm back to work next Wednesday :)

If you want to complain about me being a begrudger, my biggest asset is my honesty... and I don't really give a damn how you read my post and you can maybe expand your cognition and seperate your ears from each other...

Because your response to my post is very narrow minded.

So I hope that's clear enough for you :)

Do you work in a Waffle House ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 alig1234

We have learnt before that when the government give out generous benefits they bring in savage budgets and hit the taxpayer with greater USC and tax and other punishing taxes like the aborted water rates. So thus generous payment will be funded by every worker in this country of this there is no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

alig1234 wrote: »
    We have learnt before that when the government give out generous benefits they bring in savage budgets and hit the taxpayer with greater USC and tax and other punishing taxes like the aborted water rates. So thus generous payment will be funded by every worker in this country of this there is no doubt.
    There's no doubt. It won't be just the working people that pay for it either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

splinter65 wrote: »
    That’s not necessary at all. All that needs to be done is to pass legislation that state payments to any family per week cannot exceed the lower average industrial wage. (around €670 at the moment). This figure includes fuel allowance and BTSCFA, but not child benefit. Child benefit will be capped at 4X €140 . No more Christmas bonus.
    So if none of the adults in a house has a job and they’d like to increase their family then they will do so in the knowledge that if they are at the max €670 that they will not get an added €36 per week for that child and if they already have 4 children they won’t get another €140.
    Are you on board with that?

Lot of good points in this post , children’s allowance been capped at 4 children is more than fair plus capping welfare .
    It’s crazy that couples are churning out 7 and 8 children for benefits and their children repeat the cycle all paid for by the tax payers who can’t afford to have anymore than 1 or 2 children .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Lot of good points in this post , children’s allowance been capped at 4 children is more than fair plus capping welfare .
    It’s crazy that couples are churning out 7 and 8 children for benefits and their children repeat the cycle all paid for by the tax payers who can’t afford to have anymore than 1 or 2 children .

Take a typical traveller family in 2020 say married 15 years so parents mid 30s and 8 kids from 14 down to 2. Here’s the breakdown:
    Most traveller men are in receipt of DA from DEASP due to poor health as a result of the general lifestyle.
    SO his payment is:
    €203 for himself +
    €134.70 for his wife +
    €148. for kids.
    She’s also getting Carers allowance in respect of him so:
    €109 for herself +
    €148 for kids.
    That’s €742 per week.
    Child benefit €258 per week
    Carers support grant €32 per week.
    That’s €1032 per week.
    Sadly they may also have a child with special needs as the risk increases exponentially as your family grows. This would increase the carers allowance from €109 to €164 and then add on another €32 Carers support grant and €71 DCA once the child is under 16.
    €12 per week fuel allowance.
    €8 per week electricity allowance.
    Free tv licence.

I haven’t included the Christmas bonus here.

Take a typical traveller family in 2020 say married 15 years so parents mid 30s and 8 kids from 14 down to 2. Here’s the breakdown:
    Most traveller men are in receipt of DA from DEASP due to poor health as a result of the general lifestyle.
    SO his payment is:
    €203 for himself +
    €134.70 for his wife +
    €148. for kids.
    €109 for herself +
    €148 for kids.
    That’s €742 per week.
    That’s €1032 per week.
    Sadly they may also have a child with special needs as the risk increases exponentially as your family grows. This would increase the carers allowance from €109 to €164 and then add on another €32 Carers support grant and €71 DCA once the child is under 16.
    Free tv licence.

What about housing? HAP?

Words fail me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

SO his payment is:
    €203 for himself +
    €134.70 for his wife +
    €148. for kids.
    €109 for herself +
    €148 for kids.
    That’s €742 per week.
    That’s €1032 per week.
    Free tv licence.

This needs to be stickied up the top of several different threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

SO his payment is:
    €203 for himself +
    €134.70 for his wife +
    €148. for kids.
    €109 for herself +
    €148 for kids.
    That’s €742 per week.
    That’s €1032 per week.
    Free tv licence.

That is f789ed up but it's not an excuse to beat the economy in to a bloody pulp.

How does reducing demand in an economy where demand destruction is the greatest threat its seen in a century help?

That is the question people opposed to the 350 need to answer, and they need to answer it with a solution rather than the béal bocht.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Do you work in a Waffle House ?

No I'm a tree surgeon.

What do you do yourself ?

Since your so smart, Waffle house very original..

You know that I'm dyslexic and find it hard to get my point across andI go through all the variables when explaining myself..

Have you a problem with people who have learning difficulties ?
    So what if I waffle.

So tell me what's your occupation ?

PCeeeee wrote: »
    This needs to be stickied up the top of several different threads

What’s really sad is that this money causes so much misery. You have a married couple who barely knew each other before they married as teenagers who have been forced to live together now for 15 years of non stop rows about anything you can imagine, who pays for what ( traveller men have no interest in rent, household bills, bins anything like that. They’ll pay anything associated with cars, vans etc but don’t ask them about paying for gas/electricity coal etc)
    extended family rows (“your sisters husbands cousins child pushed our Brigid off the swing in the school playground today ! Kill him now!”). Non stop bickering and fighting.
    Small fortunes literally are spent on attending a never ending parade of weddings christenings funerals communions confirmations and christenings. Each event requires new clothes for each family member and a full beauty regime including tan, hair , make up and jewelry for all the females. Marrying off your own daughters costs a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

What’s really sad is that this money causes so much misery. You have a married couple who barely knew each other before they married as teenagers who have been forced to live together now for 15 years of non stop rows about anything you can imagine, who pays for what ( traveller men have no interest in rent, household bills, bins anything like that. They’ll pay anything associated with cars, vans etc but don’t ask them about paying for gas/electricity coal etc)
    extended family rows (“your sisters husbands cousins child pushed our Brigid off the swing in the school playground today ! Kill him now!”). Non stop bickering and fighting.
    Small fortunes literally are spent on attending a never ending parade of weddings christenings funerals communions confirmations and christenings. Each event requires new clothes for each family member and a full beauty regime including tan, hair , make up and jewelry for all the females. Marrying off your own daughters costs a fortune.

Ya Splinter. I have some experience. The whole 'lifestyle' is bizzare and destructive. The gas thing is if Travellers weren't so incredibly well funded then some at least would be forced into some kind of maturity. Anyhow this thread isn't about Traveller's and their problems so I'll leave it.

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Ya Splinter. I have some experience. The whole 'lifestyle' is bizzare and destructive. The gas thing is if Travellers weren't so incredibly well funded then some at least would be forced into some kind of maturity. Anyhow this thread isn't about Traveller's and their problems so I'll leave it.

You’re absolutely right. I’ll leave it too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

SO his payment is:
    €203 for himself +
    €134.70 for his wife +
    €148. for kids.
    €109 for herself +
    €148 for kids.
    That’s €742 per week.
    That’s €1032 per week.
    Free tv licence.

Fair play to em if we're stupid enough to be paying that sort of money power to anyone that gets it.

Ridiculous system that blatantly allows itself to be exploited

But infairness it's pittance compared to what the scum in suits have leeched out of this country.. but hey! Atleast they "work" ðŸ˜

SO his payment is:
    €203 for himself +
    €134.70 for his wife +
    €148. for kids.
    €109 for herself +
    €148 for kids.
    That’s €742 per week.
    That’s €1032 per week.
    Free tv licence.

This is what has happened in so many towns and villages , where once there were 20 travellers , a generation later there’s 200 . A lot of travellers have more disposable income than the working family’s who are paying the taxes for social welfare.

Numbers of travellers in Ireland is totally undercounted due to travellers not bothering to fill in census forms . 70-80,000 a far more accurate number with close on 100% on welfare . Mate who did the census reckons a third of them maximum filled in the forms in his town and the guards laughed at him when he reported it saying it was a waste of time going after them . A perfect smokescreen to show there’s only 30,000 travellers , we’re not that big a drain on resources etc etc ...

This is what has happened in so many towns and villages , where once there were 20 travellers , a generation later there’s 200 . A lot of travellers have more disposable income than the working family’s who are paying the taxes for social welfare.

Numbers of travellers in Ireland is totally undercounted due to travellers not bothering to fill in census forms . 70-80,000 a far more accurate number with close on 100% on welfare . Mate who did the census reckons a third of them maximum filled in the forms in his town and the guards laughed at him when he reported it saying it was a waste of time going after them . A perfect smokescreen to show there’s only 30,000 travellers , we’re not that big a drain on resources etc etc ...

I dont see how people blame the travellers, on one side you have the gov saying your entitled to this that and the other if you have x and y circumstances... You cant be mad when someone avails of something they are "entitled" to...

People that let it happen and keep these things in place are to blame they are essentially enabling the situation.

Its abit like the housing crisis being kept going by greedy citizens, because it is profitable to them, people are literally fighting keep the status quo when it comes to the housing crisis, as they are profiting from it and dont care about the struggles of others.. its a case of im alright jack and that attitude is alot more widespread in this country than ppl think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

SO his payment is:
    €203 for himself +
    €134.70 for his wife +
    €148. for kids.
    €109 for herself +
    €148 for kids.
    That’s €742 per week.
    That’s €1032 per week.
    Free tv licence.

Can't count children's allowance, even dinny gets that, don't think you can claim carers is already claiming spouse allowance, kids numbers have dropped to 4 or 5 as hubby will be away for a few years after the first couple,

Wandered badly from the Covid payment at this stage,

• Advertisement

Wandered badly from the Covid payment at this stage,

Most these threads could be closed after the first page... there isnt really much to discuss on covid payments.

Cupatae wrote: »
    Most these threads could be closed after the first page... there isnt really much to discuss on covid payments.

Whole thing was a kite flying exercise that got derailed when the idea didn't get any support.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Cupatae wrote: »
    Well don't discuss it then. There are plenty of other active and topical threads

So can everyone get back to the thread topic, if there is anything to discuss, and head off into other threads if there is not

Thanks

It will be interesting to see is payment maintained at the end of the 12 weeks or not ? I suspect it may be pared back to 300 .
    They may also separate full time and part time workers . To even do this will take a bit of work .

It will be interesting to see is payment maintained at the end of the 12 weeks or not ? I suspect it may be pared back to 300 .
    They may also separate full time and part time workers . To even do this will take a bit of work .

No decision made as yet. https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0515/1138560-donohoe-on-reopening-of-economy/

Can't count children's allowance, even dinny gets that, don't think you can claim carers is already claiming spouse allowance, kids numbers have dropped to 4 or 5 as hubby will be away for a few years after the first couple,

You certainly can claim Carers if your already on spouses claim and you’ll get 1/2 rate as I spelt out. Kids numbers have dropped from 12/14 to 8/9. When your lifting child benefit for 8 kids instead of everyone else’s 3 then yes it should be counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

I heard the same. I wonder what the real total is.

You certainly can claim Carers if your already on spouses claim and you’ll get 1/2 rate as I spelt out. Kids numbers have dropped from 12/14 to 8/9. When your lifting child benefit for 8 kids instead of everyone else’s 3 then yes it should be counted.

Dinny and OLeary collected it as well, child benefit is a universal payment , it can't be counted

• Registered Users Posts: 13,444 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I think there are a few people on this thread upset not so much about the money as the fact that minimum wage workers aren't being kept in their proper place relative to them. It hurts their ego that they're not being rated high enough over the scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,891 ✭✭✭✭zell12

whistleblower says min 10% claims are false
    IMOS-Page-1-17.5.20-624x780.jpg

Advertisement