Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How have you dealt with booked summer flights/AirBnb? Advice please

Options
  • 08-05-2020 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I'd 3 flights and a week in an AirBnb Spain booked for mid-June, and obviously won't be able to take the holiday. I was wondering what my current options are here in order to deal with this properly? Flights are with Ryanair.
    I looked on Ryanair's website, and it's saying you can fly into Spain from Ireland - so would that mean I'd be refused a refund or voucher?

I don't mind if the whole thing is moved forward, but I wouldn't know where to start, and even there I'm concerned as to when I'd move it forward to, with the uncertainty still going on.

If anyone here has been/is in a similar situation, please can you let me know how you've handled it - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

You'll get an email from Ryanair saying your flight is cancelled and a link to a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lolalola

wazzer1 wrote: »
    You'll get an email from Ryanair saying your flight is cancelled and a link to a refund.

Should I not have received that already.....? I've logged into Ryanair and my Itinerary still shows as 'Flights Confirmed'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

lolalola wrote: »
    Should I not have received that already.....? I've logged into Ryanair and my Itinerary still shows as 'Flights Confirmed'

Probably not until a week or two before.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/disruptions-and-refunds/coronavirus-covid-19
    Ryanair are still flying to some locations
    Spain is not closed for EU nationals so I expect Ryanair is still expecting to fly there.

Read the FAQ on the linked page
    I haven’t received an email or SMS yet from Ryanair, is my flight still likely to be cancelled?
    We expect further cancellation throughout May and June, all passengers impacted will be notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Sorry to hijack the thread. I have a flight booked for June and just got the email from Aer Lingus saying I have two options,

1 - free change of flights without a fee.
    2 - Apply for a voucher - the voucher is for the value of what I paid, plus 10% on top of it.

Anyone taken the vouchers, or looked for a full refund?

Thanks,

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/disruptions-and-refunds/coronavirus-covid-19
    Ryanair are still flying to some locations
    Spain is not closed for EU nationals so I expect Ryanair is still expecting to fly there.

Read the FAQ on the linked page

"There are no disruptions on this flight at the moment logged in the system. If your flight gets cancelled you will receive a notification email about it and you will have the option for a free flight move or full refund. Cancellation notification are usually sent out 1-2 weeks before departure date."

This is what Ryanair's chat service has informed me. But we're still restricted with the lockdown in June, so this is a catch-22 surely? I can fly into Spain, but I can't get to the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

lolalola wrote: »
    But we're still restricted with the lockdown in June, so this is a catch-22 surely? I can fly into Spain, but I can't get to the airport?
    The Gov's plan isn't clear on if it's ok to fly to Spain on holiday then, but if the flights are flying maybe it will be ok. Too early to tell.
    https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/e5e599-government-publishes-roadmap-to-ease-covid-19-restrictions-and-reope/

Keep trying Ryanair's helpline.
    I hope you do get to go, sitting at home all day kinda sucks. I wouldn't mind a sun holiday myself.

biko wrote: »
    The Gov's plan isn't clear on if it's ok to fly to Spain on holiday then, but if the flights are flying maybe it will be ok. Too early to tell.
    https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/e5e599-government-publishes-roadmap-to-ease-covid-19-restrictions-and-reope/

Keep trying Ryanair's helpline.
    I hope you do get to go, sitting at home all day kinda sucks. I wouldn't mind a sun holiday myself.

I'd not be allowed to travel to the airport though.... :/ But yeah, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Ryanair are the snakiest of snakes.

I recently went through the whole customer service rigamarole to apply for a refund.

Firstly, I get an email to say that my refund will be processed in due course but there will be substantial delays due to the current Covid crises.

About 2 weeks later I get another email again stating the huge pressure they're under and that it will take some more time.

My third email from them goes on to apologies again and that they have given me a voucher that can be used over the next few years. They advised that if I still want my refund, I'll need to contact them again in order to apply for it, starting the entire process from scratch.

They are the worst and are clearly holding onto dollar for as long as they can to stay afloat, the ****e bags.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Ryanair are the snakiest of snakes.

I recently went through the whole customer service rigamarole to apply for a refund.

Firstly, I get an email to say that my refund will be processed in due course but there will be substantial delays due to the current Covid crises.

About 2 weeks later I get another email again stating the huge pressure they're under and that it will take some more time.

My third email from them goes on to apologies again and that they have given me a voucher that can be used over the next few years. They advised that if I still want my refund, I'll need to contact them again in order to apply for it, starting the entire process from scratch.

They are the worst and are clearly holding onto dollar for as long as they can to stay afloat, the ****e bags.

Yep, that's my fear here. When were you due to fly, and when did they contact you letting you know of the flight cancellation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Is AirBnB offering a voucher only option meeting consumer guidelines. My flight was obviously cancelled and we had paid half the stay. When I log in the only option is credit/voucher.

Advertisement