Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUI Statement - Mod warning #1

Options
  • 08-05-2020 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

Are we getting a statement today does anyone know?

Please try to keep this thread civil. Posters will be thread banned immediately for ignoring this warning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Are we getting a statement today does anyone know?

I hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

They've been very slow to release some advice / guidelines.

Leaving clubs to decide themselves will end up with a lot of discrepencies between clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

gman127 wrote: »
    They've been very slow to release some advice / guidelines.

Leaving clubs to decide themselves will end up with a lot of discrepencies between clubs

Clubs will decide themselves anyway. Roganstown did the last time.

Plenty wont be able to survive if its members only I reckon. Already down bar/restaurant money, subs will be down this year and loss of income over last 8 weeks. No societys or green fees for months will doom plenty of clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Clubs will decide themselves anyway. Roganstown did the last time.

Plenty won't be able to survive if its members only I reckon. Already down bar/restaurant money, subs will be down this year and loss of income over last 8 weeks. No societies or green fees for months will doom plenty of clubs.

Very true. While there will be some clubs who go rogue, most will follow GUI advice, as they did when closure recommendations were issued.

They can't if no guidance is issued though or it's left so late that they've already gone their own direction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭tritriagain

gman127 wrote: »
    Very true. While there will be some clubs who go rogue, most will follow GUI advice, as they did when closure recommendations were issued.

They can't if no guidance is issued though or it's left so late that they've already gone their own direction :(

Pathetic non reaction from gui. Leadership is needed . Whether that's regarding formats, distance travelled etc. Personally I think they should stay closed until open to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭kod12

They just announced on twitter they hope to release it today all going well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

It's a very odd thing when u think about it.

The government have said you can play golf but only travel 5km it's simple.

Not sure what the GUI should can add to that.
    We have to follow the government for social distancing and bring that to the course it should be that simple.
    Most courses had set up the pro shop and facility to cope with the government guidelines.
    What can the Gui recommend?
    From the 18th groups of 4 can meet up if they social distance what more is there to add?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I think it won't start properly until the travel distance goes to 20k on June 8th. Until then it's just for a handful and while the clubs get organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

First Up wrote: »
    I think it won't start properly until the travel distance goes to 20k on June 8th. Until then it's just for a handful and while the clubs get organised.

Agree for the first 2 weeks isn't is best that the crowds are small and clubs get organised for the busyness in June.
    If it's not phased then by June it will be mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

mike12 wrote: »

We have to follow the government for social distancing and bring that to the course it should be that simple.
    Most courses had set up the pro shop and facility to cope with the government guidelines.
    From the 18th groups of 4 can meet up if they social distance what more is there to add?

Exactly.

I also find it strange that people complain about poorly thought out regulations and also complain that the governing body is taking too long thinking about the regulations.

it feels a bit like
    old.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

mike12 wrote: »

I’d imagine they will give a summary of what is and isn’t allowed and ask that members and clubs strictly adhere to the restrictions. They will want to do everything they can to protect the game from negative publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I can’t see it being much different the RandA advice

https://www.randa.org/en/news/2020/04/golf-in-the-uk-under-covid-19-restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

I can’t see it being much different the RandA advice

https://www.randa.org/en/news/2020/04/golf-in-the-uk-under-covid-19-restrictions

So 10 minute intervals for 4 balls and no restriction on the clubs to only allow members? Sounds reasonable with all the other restrictions that will be put in place but I have a feeling the GUI will go full on with 14 minute 3 balls and members only.

Of course the 5km is a given

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Hopefully this thread does not go the same way as the Coronavirus precautions thread.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Glebee wrote: »
    Hopefully this thread does not go the same way as the Coronavirus precautions thread.:D

Why do they bother closing down busy threads like that, I don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Glebee wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

It had gone a bit tit for tat, but we're not supposed to discuss other threads either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Stacksey wrote: »

Was nice knowing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

tvc15 wrote: »
    So 10 minute intervals for 4 balls and no restriction on the clubs to only allow members? Sounds reasonable with all the other restrictions that will be put in place but I have a feeling the GUI will go full on with 14 minute 3 balls and members only.

Of course the 5km is a given

I skimmed over the RandA document and didnt see anything about number of players and intervals. Did I read over it too quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

I skimmed over the RandA document and didnt see anything about number of players and intervals. Did I read over it too quickly?

>Bookings
    >Clubs/facilities to organise a system of booking and allocation of tee times that ensures the safety of staff and golfers.

>The maximum number of golfers in a group per tee time to be confirmed by the club/facility and must be in accordance with any government requirements.

>There is to be a minimum of 10 minute intervals between tee times, but longer intervals may be more appropriate depending on the club/facility.

So given the government recommended max of 4 per group that would apply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Leaving it a bit late arent they

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There's no excuse to not have a statement out before now. They must have known since the shutdown started that we would need an opening up plan of some sort. What were they doing all week that we/clubs still don't know what the plan is at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

No member guests allowed until the second phase on the 8th.

Clubs either choose

In club comps from the 8th, opens from the 29th

3 balls max until third phase

S6Q2rpP.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

A fair bit to take in there.

Neither of my brothers are members at my club so it looks like I will be looking for some partners for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

No mention of 5k....or is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

No mention of 5k....or is there?

Not that I can see.
    Or inter club comps. Comps within clubs allowed frm june 8th. Open comps from 29th june.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Thankfully the GUI were sensible and left the 5k distance restrictions to be dealt with by the appropriate authorities... i.e. the Gardaí

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The short version is its the same restrictions that most clubs had in place before the full lockdown

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement