Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUI Statement - Mod warning #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭big_drive

Excellent plan I think. Well put together, easy to see what happens and when

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭redarmy

Government policy in relation to travel applies at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Hard to find too much wrong with ATM but I do think as the summer goes on things will improve a lot and some of the restrictions will seem over the top but they seem to have allowed for a change if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

There will be a lot of phone calls to mates who are members looking for games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Not that I can see.
    Or inter club comps. Comps within clubs allowed frm june 8th. Open comps from 29th june.

They are talking about starting inter-club in August, pie in the sky stuff because courses can’t afford to give up tee spots in that short timespan.

New Handicap system still planning to be implemented.

So from 8 to 4 pm midweek that only allows 103 people out to play.

Weekend is 7 to 4 so will allow 115. Some clubs will really struggle with access.

Thankfully we have 27 holes so we can double that number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nothing surprising in there really. Let's hope from the 18th onwards has weather like today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surprised they haven't stopped the over 70's or people with underlying conditions are they're the people most at risk.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Surprised they haven't stopped the over 70's or people with underlying conditions are they're the people most at risk.

Probably to avoid litigation. There are no legally binding Government restrictions on over 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johntommy

Why allow members to bring guests on June 8th. Membership over 1000 euro per year. It will be hard enough to get on timesheet without allowing non members to play before people who have paid big annual fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Website has folded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Seems a fairly sensible plan and is out 10 days in advance. What on earth was all the grumbling and panic about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Should be raining cats and dogs on the 18th so.

Can you play from the 18th? It’s mad if it can’t be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Ollieboy wrote: »

Weekend is 7 to 4 so will allow 115. Some clubs will really struggle with access.

I suggested to my club to limit it to nine holes (or at least open the booking system for both nines where you select a tee time for both) cos otherwise you'll have a lot of members playing nine and thatll be it. Half the course available but noone able to play it. Its good that we'll have golf back tho

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johntommy

frostie500 wrote: »
    I suggested to my club to limit it to nine holes (or at least open the booking system for both nines where you select a tee time for both) cos otherwise you'll have a lot of members playing nine and thatll be it. Half the course available but noone able to play it. Its good that we'll have golf back tho

Great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

This is a great idea -

9 holes only.

Fair play something being issued - but the 14 mins is OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

HighLine wrote: »
    Probably to avoid litigation. There are no legally binding Government restrictions on over 70s.

Interesting comment as it must also be discrimination to stop members playing based on geographical location. All members have equal rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

morrga wrote: »
    Interesting comment as it must also be discrimination to stop members playing based on geographical location. All members have equal rights.
    But some rights are more equal than others. Have to wait for the 20km limit comes in before I can think about launching them

Yes we considered this but with 27 holes we feel two starting holes should be enough as some people will respect the distance rule and over 70 recommendations.

Malahide are also 27 and starting with 3 nines. We’ve spoken to the Danes so we tried to learn from them what went wrong and what was done well.

Just a comment, no club can or will enforce the 5k s or 70’s. Any club that does, will have a legal issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Its totally over the top. Monumentally even. Still looking for the right adjective tbh.

My issue is mostly with group sizes and intervals. Its distancing we need to be doing not emigrating.

Edit: One can only hope that the clubs will ignore this bit. Probably won't tho.

> Do not arrive at the first tee more than 5 minutes before your allotted tee time.

Well that won't be a problem :D Thats my normal time of arrival. I can do less even if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Walter Alright

Where did you see this information? That will be a right pain if people can't get out in the evenings.

Makes no sense to me. There is no restriction on the number of people allowed through a supermarket door during the day, only on the amount in at the same time.

Where did you see this information? That will be a right pain if people can't get out in the evenings.

Makes no sense to me. There is no restriction on the number of people allowed through a supermarket door during the day, only on the amount in at the same time.

Where it states the distance between groups, 3 balls is 14 mins apart. Course don’t need to close at the times I gave, that was just to illustrate the lack of tee times in any club at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Just a comment, no club can or will enforce the 5k s or 70’s. Any club that does, will have a legal issue.

What issues do you foresee ? Genuine question

What issues do you foresee ? Genuine question

In members club they are shareholders in the business so the rules of the club are clear and you can’t ban people. So if a club refused access to a member they will have a claim, how much for and would the member do it, is a different question.

Clubs are a business and upsetting your customer is just stupid.

Other type of clubs will have to give members refunds if they refuse access so they won’t do that either.

Membership is a contract between club and member and clubs won’t want to break that trust or agreement.

Anyway, it’s up to the Garda to enforce the law not clubs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

What happens in the case of privately owned courses, ie, Deer Park. The course and club based there are separate so would the course be bound by these guidelines?

Also hotel golf courses would be similar situation, owned by the hotel rather than a club, so would hotel guests be allowed play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

There's no restriction on how many can play in a day only in how many can play at one time

No different

Does it need to be 14 mins, I don't think so

But it's no different

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Walter Alright

There's no restriction on how many can play in a day only in how many can play at one time

No different

Does it need to be 14 mins, I don't think so

But it's no different

I picked it up wrong, thought clubs opening hours were being restricted.

I also think the 14 mins is crazy.

My local Tesco leave about 10 seconds between customers entering the shop (until it reaches its allowed capacity) and there is no one stopping you from handling items in store unlike the golf course with the flag pole, rake,etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

The golf club is 4.7km from my house. Looks like I’ll be able to play half way down the first hole and back up along the 9th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I picked it up wrong, thought clubs opening hours were being restricted.

I also think the 14 mins is crazy.

My local Tesco leave about 10 seconds between customers entering the shop (until it reaches its allowed capacity) and there is no one stopping you from handling items in store unlike the golf course with the flag pole, rake,etc.

14 mins makes no sense at all - someone would have been thinking about the restriction at start - but people hardly meet other groups at all before the first tee when 5 to 8 mins gaps

I'd genuinely be on the 3rd tee in 14 mins.

• Advertisement

14 mins makes no sense at all - someone would have been thinking about the restriction at start - but people hardly meet other groups at all before the first tee when 5 to 8 mins gaps

I'd genuinely be on the 3rd tee in 14 mins.

The 14 mins was never the issue for the course, it’s about managing the numbers at the club and preventing overcrowded car parks.

I believe a early request was a parking space on each side of every vehicles. Some clubs have restricted space. Similar issue with toilets and pro shop. So they wanted to reduce the capacity at clubs by 50% and this was the solution. so that’s the reason for this restriction.

Personally, 12 mins I think is fine in 3 balls and it moves to this on the 29th June.

But the clubs were willing to agree to just get open and these issues can be readdress afterwards. Been shut is the worse outcome.

Clubs can change the rule if the want by the way, but risk getting the industry shut down if they do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement