If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED55B9PLA VS Samsung QE55Q85R

Options
  • 08-05-2020 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a new TV. I see the LG OLED55B9PLA VS Samsung QE55Q85R are about the same price and I would like some advise as to which one to go for. 

With Oled I read all about burn in and I worry about that. Is it as big as a problem as people make it out?

Thanks,
    James 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

jamesoc85 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for a new TV. I see the LG OLED55B9PLA VS Samsung QE55Q85R are about the same price and I would like some advise as to which one to go for. 

With Oled I read all about burn in and I worry about that. Is it as big as a problem as people make it out?

Thanks,
    James 
    Hi Jamesoc85.

While you can get screen burn on an OLED its much like the older Plasmas if you watch for constant static images been display in the same spot for long periods of time you do run the rick of burning the panel.
    I use an OLED myself at home and would 

With QLED their would be no risk of burn and Samsung themselves off a 10 year screen burn warranty on their QLED TV's.

Both OLED and QLED are very good but OLED does pip it on picture quality.

The current Euro price on the 55B9 at 1089 Euro might be too good to pass up
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204255-lg-oled55b9pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

The 55Q85r is priced at 1099 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203943-samsung-qe55q85r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1500-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

Hi,

On the oled side is there much of a difference between the 55B9 and Sony KD55AG8? Is it worth the extra cost? I’m trying to figure out the best Tv vs the cost.

Any help you can provide would be great also what type of delivery time would I be looking to Galway?

Thanks,James

Hi,

On the oled side is there much of a difference between the 55B9 and Sony KD55AG8? Is it worth the extra cost? I’m trying to figure out the best Tv vs the cost.

Any help you can provide would be great also what type of delivery time would I be looking to Galway?

Thanks,James
    Hi jamesoc85,

The Sony AG8 would be a step above the B9. It is similar in specs to the C9 and uses a better processor which gives better motion processing as well as better colour and less "noise" in the darker scenes.

Delivery to Galway would be 3-5 working days!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Do you think ye will get any more LG 55 C9’s back in stock anytime soon?

Cheers,
    James

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Do you think ye will get any more LG 55 C9’s back in stock anytime soon?

Cheers,
    James
    Hi Jamessoc85.

Just had a new list of goods incoming and the 55C9pla is due back into our main warehouse around the 28th May.
    Stock will be limited and most likely in very high demand.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks again for the reply and sorry for all the questions. It’s hard to try this right.

Harvey Norman down here are advertising the OLED55BX6LA €1,599 and delivery in July.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/lg-55-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-oled-tv-oled55bx6la.html

Will ye be selling this and if so do you know the price/waiting period.

Thanks,
    James

Hi,

Thanks again for the reply and sorry for all the questions. It’s hard to try this right.

Harvey Norman down here are advertising the OLED55BX6LA €1,599 and delivery in July.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/lg-55-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-oled-tv-oled55bx6la.html

Will ye be selling this and if so do you know the price/waiting period.

Thanks,
    James
    Hi James,

We have started to see the 55CX5 trickle in however I still have no incoming date for the OLED55CX6.

The CX5 is currently £1799/1899 euro.

Kind regards

David

PM sent

PM sent
    Cheers Jamesoc85.

I will get back ASAP :D

Pm sent

• Advertisement

Pm sent
    Cheers Jamesoc85

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Sorry to bump an old thread, but have you stopped stocking the OLED55B9PLA?

If so, what would be a similar OLED (55") at that price range that you'd recommend?

Thanks

Sorry to bump an old thread, but have you stopped stocking the OLED55B9PLA?

If so, what would be a similar OLED (55") at that price range that you'd recommend?

Thanks
    Hi El Fenomeno.

Unfortunately the 55B9 has been discontinued for several months now as the NEW 2020 range is in full swing.

There is the 55BX5 coming in at £1199 or 1249 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204959-lg-oled55bx6lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

The current 1249 Euro is a much better deal over current sterling retail.

It also includes our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge and delivery is also included in the Euro pricing.

There are a good amount of these in our main warehouse ready for shipping :)

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Hi El Fenomeno.

Unfortunately the 55B9 has been discontinued for several months now as the NEW 2020 range is in full swing.

There is the 55BX5 coming in at £1199 or 1249 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204959-lg-oled55bx6lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

The current 1249 Euro is a much better deal over current sterling retail.

It also includes our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge and delivery is also included in the Euro pricing.

There are a good amount of these in our main warehouse ready for shipping :)

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny.

I'll get to work on twisting her arm and hopefully put in an order this week. Are they in stock in Dublin or up north? What's the delivery time like these days? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Also interested in one of these - looking for a 55 that is best for sport and movies.  This one had caught my eye and also the Sony KD55XH8196BU - what would you recommend or do you have another recommendation?  thanks.

Also interested in one of these - looking for a 55 that is best for sport and movies.  This one had caught my eye and also the Sony KD55XH8196BU - what would you recommend or do you have another recommendation?  thanks.
    Hi jaggiebunnet,

Thanks for the post!

The OLEDs are definitely the top of the pile in terms of panel quality but Sony would be a fantastic TV as well if you don;t want to go to the extreme of the OLED! The Sonys have great colour and contrast and very fast motion processing as well. The Android operating system is a bit more open as well in comparison with some other smart hubs!

Kind regards

David

Hi jaggiebunnet,

Thanks for the post!

The OLEDs are definitely the top of the pile in terms of panel quality but Sony would be a fantastic TV as well if you don;t want to go to the extreme of the OLED! The Sonys have great colour and contrast and very fast motion processing as well. The Android operating system is a bit more open as well in comparison with some other smart hubs!

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, I am pretty undecided as there are no reviews online for either. If you were choosing which one would you go for?

Hi jaggiebunnet,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, I am pretty undecided as there are no reviews online for either.  If you were choosing which one would you go for?
    Hey Jaggiebunnet.

The OLED screens are the ones to go for in my opinion.
    OLED will give the better contrast and product the best image.

However the Sony LED's are some of the best on the market.

For me it would rank OLED then QLED then LED.

I hope this helps.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny!

Thanks Kenny!
    No problem at all JaggieBunnet.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

the price has gone up a 100 euro since this morning !! 

Any chance of getting that 100 discounted Kenny so I can order this evening?

Any chance of getting that 100 discounted Kenny so I can order this evening?
    Hey JaggieBunnet.

The 55XH8196 is sitting at 989 Euro.

I didn't see any price changes come through on this TV today but I will check with our purchasing team first thing in the morning and if it has indeed increased I will honour the lower price :)

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny - sorry, I was referring to the OLED55BX6LB

Hey Jaggiebunnet.

If you drop me over your full name and address in a PM along with a contact number I will drop you a call in the morning and honour the 1249 Euro for you ;)

Kenny.

Hey Jaggiebunnet.

If you drop me over your full name and address in a PM along with a contact number I will drop you a call in the morning and honour the 1249 Euro for you ;)

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny - DM Sent.

Hey Jaggiebunnet.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny - DM Sent.
    Cheers Jaggiebunnet.

We will drop you a call this morning ASAP :)

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.