Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

So he made some bad financial decisions. Tough titty. Not our problem. Why go running to the papers with it? He's not going to starve any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

sligojoek wrote: »
    So he made some bad financial decisions. Tough titty. Not our problem. Why go running to the papers with it? He's not going to starve any time soon.

He's merely following the same playbook of his mentor Gay Byrne who was constantly moaning about money. RTE kept paying him well in to his eighties I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Yesterdays article appearing in brief on Extra.ie today.

Headline is 'Duffy opens up on losing his private pension for the second time in 10 years'. Im wondering if this is the primary point in NKs negotiation strategy. It's out there now that Joe lost his pension 10 years ago (did he invest 100% of his pension in Lehman Brothers 10 years ago and again 100% of it in some company that failed in the last few weeks that I havnt heard about?)
    As you approach retirement age you would have moved the vast majority of your assets to low risk, liquid assets so I cant' see where this immense loss could have come from. Its such a strange point to make like how has he already lost 100% of his pension as a result of covid? Would this not effect other people too? Are they not calling liveline?

If the famously frugal Joe was putting any spare money into a pension for 10 years and he was on say 350k+ for the majority of that time (and say he supported the three twins education in that time too) that would be a pot of nearly 1.5 million euro that hes lost in the last 2 months?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Its just astonishingly bad financial management if it's true (which it isnt).
    The article also mentions the lack of job security, lack of sick pay and the 75min advert for Normal People.
    BPKS wrote: »
    This "losing his pension" bit is bullsh1t.

It will have taken a nose dive but by no means will he have lost it - unless his pension advisor invested it in Guatemalan Bitcoin.
    BarryD2 wrote: »
    To start moaning about supposed pension losses, shows how out of touch and tone deaf is Mr.Duffy with the general public.

It's bollocks. Utter bollocks. Not a chance either were wiped out. There may have been losses sure, but that's the nature of pensions over time, and certianly in the case of the current criss it's far too early to assess loss. Also, you'd have to assume the investments ar diversified into other forms of assets that retain value (property etc.).

No mention of the €800K house in Dollymount I'd assume is mortgage free.
    No mention of the chateau en Fwance that I'd also assume is mortgage free.

Here'a an idea Mr. Duffy - sell Dollymount and move to France where you can live off the €800K sale proceeds of the house as well as the accumulated profits from Claddagh Green.

There's people in this country losing their jobs right now making approx. in a year what you do for 20hours "wurk".

GET A GRIP. Man of the peeple me hole. There's a word for what he's "suffering" from , and that's greed.

Your heroes Connolly and Larkin would cross the road if they saw you coming you shameless hypocrite.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    To start moaning about supposed pension losses, shows how out of touch and tone deaf is Mr.Duffy with the general public.

Well said Barry.

Wow! Thanks for alerting us. I went out and bought the paper for this reason. Its a great photo of Joe on the front. Like ButterSuki, I will read and will post an objective appraisal later today...stay tuned

Still waiting for your review Jed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Lame stream media Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's bollocks. Utter bollocks. Not a chance either were wiped out. There may have been losses sure, but that's the nature of pensions over time, and certianly in the case of the current criss it's far too early to assess loss. Also, you'd have to assume the investments ar diversified into other forms of assets that retain value (property etc.).

No mention of the €800K house in Dollymount I'd assume is mortgage free.
    No mention of the chateau en Fwance that I'd also assume is mortgage free.

Here'a an idea Mr. Duffy - sell Dollymount and move to France where you can live off the €800K sale proceeds of the house as well as the accumulated profits from Claddagh Green.

There's people in this country losing their jobs right now making approx. in a year what you do for 20hours "wurk".

GET A GRIP. Man of the peeple me hole. There's a word for what he's "suffering" from , and that's greed.

Your heroes Connolly and Larkin would cross the road if they saw you coming you shameless hypocrite.
    Oh God I found another story where he said he has had offers of more money than his RTE gig elsewhere but he wants to stay with them as they are a public service broadcaster....utter BS who would pay him more? I doubt the BBC are knocking down his door!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

So a snap shot of the current situation is that this man has 0 pension funds, 64 years old, is on a contract where he has no sick pay and can be terminated with a days notice. Theres deliveroo lads with better terms than what we are led to believe Duffy is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

PieOhMy wrote: »
    So a snap shot of the current situation is that this man has 0 pension funds, 64 years old, is on a contract where he has no sick pay and can be terminated with a days notice. Theres deliveroo lads with better terms than what we are led to believe Duffy is on.

He must also have an accountant and financial adviser for de mathematics so to speak who would be telling him pension, pension, pension.

He must also have an accountant and financial adviser for de mathematics so to speak who would be telling him pension, pension, pension.

No. He has no money for such luxuries. He told us himself. And he'd never lie to us, his peeple so to speak as they say. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Uninteded consequences of closing parts of hostibles so to speak:

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0510/1137590-breastcheck-cervicalcheck/

Expect a flurry of calls on dis in the coming weeks or possibly months so to speak as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Joe dicking around with Johnny Logan.

Teachers Union, a self interest group.

Tennis - new balls, no old fogies.

Restaurants - coddle available on tap.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Johnny attacked Dickie. A bit unfair cos he's in his 80s

Vexatious carry on to do with the leaving.

Tennis and golf reopening. O er 70s not allowed. It's a disgrace.

Pubs and restaurants opening. What about social distancing. How can it be done?

POSSIBLY on twodaze show:

Wan a de most BIZARRE spats in Irish history* so to speak Jonny Logan v Dickie Rock - it's very clear from hi langague and tone which side of dis Battle Royale Mr. Duffy is on so to speak (Dickie's, so to speak).

Predictive LC grading and canvassing so to speak. Vexacious canvassing so to speak. What if one person writes a letter pretending to be another person, of if you write in saying "my Johnny has difficulties and goes to de Vincent De Paul so to speak". Open to difficulties so to speak.

Tennis and Golf clubs open. Over 70s unhappy about not being allowed play tennis.

Pubs. Restaurants. What about pub with restaurants so tp speak.

I won't be in towoday - enjoy.

*the country is divided more than in De Civil War.

Johnny and Dickie can ring each other and sort it out. No need to waste space on the national airwaves.

I bet the clown will have Logan on and try to get him to apologise. Like the time he tried to reunite the Wolfe Tones.

dvcireland wrote: »

If Mr. Duffy was de editor who did wroted dat headline it would read:

TEENAGER FORCED TO QUIT TENNIS DUE TO VIRUS SO TO SPEAK.

It'll be poor old frail Dickie today.

Tomorrow some 99 year old will be but a young whippersnapper

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

It'll be poor old frail Dickie today.

Tomorrow some 99 year old will be but a young whippersnapper

To quote George Hamilton "Danger here for Ireland" in terms of potential Friday musical guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

For your pleasure

can i borrow dat for bingo card?

can i borrow dat for bingo card?

Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Johnny and Dickie can ring each other and sort it out. No need to waste space on the national airwaves.

I bet the clown will have Logan on and try to get him to apologise. Like the time he tried to reunite the Wolfe Tones.

Dickie was lucky that his #metoo story happened a decade before Harvey Weinstein

BPKS wrote: »
    Dickie was lucky that his #metoo story happened a decade before Harvey Weinstein

Won't get a mention on de show today so to speak.

It’s strange about Duffy’s investments. Surely he must have a little bit of property. Sure he has the chateau and could sell that and take some cheap click&go bargains instead. Can’t understand how a man like that could be in a financially precarious position, and here am I, a very ordinary Josephine who had lowly boring public service employment, funding my trips with a rental income. Or is it that he just can’t afford to dive in Guilbaud’s any more?

It’s strange about Duffy’s investments. Surely he must have a little bit of property. Sure he has the chateau and could sell that and take some cheap click&go bargains instead. Can’t understand how a man like that could be in a financially precarious position, and here am I, a very ordinary Josephine who had lowly boring public service employment, funding my trips with a rental income. Or is it that he just can’t afford to dive in Guilbaud’s any more?

It's not dat big caller.
    :pac:

Pre-record!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,681 ✭✭✭✭zell12

SPIT ON ME DICKIE
    i want your voirus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

do dickie and johnny have the same agent...so to speak, no such thing as bad publicity.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Dickie, Dickie, Dickie, Dickie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

He's not very smart. A bluffer probably bluffed him; we see that happening on de reg.

• Advertisement

Name of next thread: I love Dickie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement