Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mr. Duffy: he duz be upstairs

FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭statto25

Nissan LGBTQI+ TDI 150bhp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That's the LGBQTIXYZ vote sorted for Joe's Presidential election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

No recognition, so all equal.
    It's not about no recognition...
    Read this wiki and it gives a good overview

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_ideology-free_zone

I know a couple of gay polish people who no longer live there but say it is in general a seriously homophobic place, especially outside of the big cities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Fermoy is warming up their nuclear warheads to fire them in the direction of Poland if they don't change their LGBTQIA+? attitude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭urgelgru

Yeah you weren't involved in the twinning, but you could have at least read the Wikipedia article Noel :(

Yes Joe, this situation is totally comparable to the Holocaust.

You fcukin clown you

COMING DIS SUMMER TO RTE:

WOKE McDERMOTT'S TOUR OF LGBTQIA+ FREE ZONE POLISH TOWNS!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Receptionist ringing Irish pub in Poland for their view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

This lad just came on to get the slap on the back

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    I asked my daughter what LGBQTI stood for.

She couldn't give me a straight answer.

I always knew she was an intolerant racist sectarian homophobe.

Do they like de gays in Santa Barbara caller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,107 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Handy number twinning the place your brother lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,810 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

We've been several times, Joe.

Did you pay for it yourselves?

Err....
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,193 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

boardise wrote: »
    Today's Muppet show brought to you by the letters L G B T Q I BS FFS and WTF.

You left out a letter. It should read wtAf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭bigroad

sligojoek wrote: »
    Are there no Polish people in RTE?

Equal opportunity employers, and all that.
    Possibly a few cleaners on minimum.

Santa Barbara don't want you love...take the hint...no more free hols for you and your husband....the inhumanity of it all!!

Zbyszek Zalinsky is gay himself, (I think), probably escaped Poland for that reason.

gmisk wrote: »
    It's not about no recognition...
    Read this wiki and it gives a good overview

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_ideology-free_zone

I know a couple of gay polish people who no longer live there but say it is in general a seriously homophobic place, especially outside of the big cities.

Yep, people seem to be treating it as if it's comedy but Poland has swung to the far right in recent years. Know a fair few Polish people who won't ever go back for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,123 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Whos taking the horse to Santa Barbara ?

RomanTome2-3.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭leath_dub

gmisk wrote: »
    Santa Barbara don't want you love...take the hint...no more free hols for you and your husband....the inhumanity of it all!!

definite "go raibh maith agat" coming from Joe any minute

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

did joe just do a product placement for a free fix of his gearbox

i say rover vitesse fastback aha!

Brian de Staic jewellers

Don't feel sorry for this fella anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,123 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

ffs is Radio Kerry offline?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

“Ticked all the boxes”..

They would have been been better off if they boxed all the thicks!

Joe only has 3 twins, this fella has 27!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,107 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Non directly elected Mayors with zero powers are another joke.

Yep, people seem to be treating it as if it's comedy but Poland has swung to the far right in recent years. Know a fair few Polish people who won't ever go back for this reason.
    Exactly, thank you.

Look the whole acronym for LGBT+ is bonkers and it is a lot of disparate people grouped together, many of which I have nothing in common with. I don't know anyone who knows the full thing off by heart and I am gay myself. But there are still serious issues for LGBT people, thankfully Ireland is a pretty accepting place these days.

A guide to de letters and dat:

Now there’s also I, for intersex; A, for ally (or asexual, depending on whom you’re talking to); and often a plus sign meant to cover anyone else who’s not included: L.G.B.T.Q.I.A.+.

What follows is a by-no-means inclusive list of vocabulary.

GAY AND LESBIAN It’s important to start with the basics, and “gay” and “lesbian” are as basic as it gets. As “homosexual” began to feel clinical and pejorative, gay became the de rigueur mainstream term to refer to same-sex attraction in the late 1960s and early ’70s. Gradually, as what was then called the gay liberation movement gained steam, the phrase “gay and lesbian” became more popular as a way to highlight the similar-yet-separate issues faced by women in the fight for tolerance.

Gay is still sometimes used as an umbrella term, but these days, it also refers specifically to men, as in “gay men and lesbians.”

BISEXUAL Someone who is attracted to people of their gender or other gender identities. It is not a way station from straight to gay, as it had once been described.

The stereotypes around bisexuality — that it’s a transitional stage or a cover for promiscuity — have been at the center of fraught conversation within L.G.B.T.Q. circles for years. The musical television show “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,” which features a bisexual male character, had an entire song refuting this.

As advocates speak out more about what they see as “bisexual erasure” — the persistent questioning or negation of bisexual identity — the term has become resurgent. But some people also argue that the prefix “bi” reinforces a male/female gender binary that isn’t inclusive enough.

PANSEXUAL Someone who is attracted to people of all gender identities. Or someone who is attracted to a person’s qualities regardless of their gender identity. (The prefix “pan” means “all,” rejecting the gender binary that some argue is implied by “bisexual.”)

Once a more niche term used by academics, pansexual has entered the mainstream, pushed in part by celebrities bringing it visibility. The singer Miley Cyrus identified as pansexual in 2015. In April, after the singer Janelle Monàe came out as pansexual in a “Rolling Stone” article, searches for the word on Merriam-Webster’s website rose 11,000 percent, according to the dictionary.

ASEXUAL Or “ace.” Someone who experiences little to no sexual attraction. They are not to be confused with “aromantic people,” who experience little or no romantic attraction. Asexual people do not always identify as aromantic; aromantic people do not always identify as asexual.

More generally, some people (asexual or otherwise) identify as having a romantic orientation different than their sexual orientation. The terminology is similar: homoromantic, heteroromantic, biromantic and so on.

DEMISEXUAL Someone who generally does not experience sexual attraction unless they have formed a strong emotional, but not necessarily romantic, connection with someone.

GRAYSEXUAL Someone who occasionally experiences sexual attraction but usually does not; it covers a kind of gray space between asexuality and sexual identity.

CISGENDER Someone whose gender identity matches the sex they were assigned at birth.

TRANSGENDER A wide-ranging term for people whose gender identity or gender expression differs from the biological sex they were assigned at birth.

TRANSGENDERED Not a word. Often used as one.

TRANS* OR TRANS+ Two umbrella terms for non-cisgender identities.

GENDER NONCONFORMING, OR G.N.C. One who expresses gender outside traditional norms associated with masculinity or femininity. Not all gender-nonconforming people are transgender, and some transgender people express gender in conventionally masculine or feminine ways.

NONBINARY A person who identifies as neither male nor female and sees themselves outside the gender binary. This is sometimes shortened to N.B. or enby. One notable example: Taylor Mason, a financial analyst on the show “Billions,” who is believed to be the first gender nonbinary character on television and is played by the nonbinary actor Asia Kate Dillon.

GENDERQUEER Another term often used to describe someone whose gender identity is outside the strict male/female binary. They may exhibit both traditionally masculine and feminine qualities or neither.

GENDER FLUID A term used by people whose identity shifts or fluctuates. Sometimes these individuals may identify or express themselves as more masculine on some days, and more feminine on others.

GENDER-NEUTRAL Someone who prefers not to be described by a specific gender, but prefers “they” as a singular pronoun (the American Dialect Society’s 2015 Word of the Year) or the honorific “Mx.,” a substitute for “Mr.” or “Ms.” that entered the Oxford English Dictionary in 2015.

M.A.A.B./F.A.A.B./U.A.A.B. Male-assigned at birth/female-assigned at birth/unassigned at birth.

INTERSEX A term for someone born with biological sex characteristics that aren’t traditionally associated with male or female bodies. Intersexuality does not refer to sexual orientation or gender identity.

+
    Not just a mathematical symbol anymore, but a denotation of everything on the gender and sexuality spectrum that letters and words can’t yet describe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,810 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Tallaght - twinned with Hell, Norway.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement