Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

zell12 wrote: »
    Kay needs sex sex sex

I know the feeling. Did Kay say where she lives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,135 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

She's right, it's no life to be living.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

Kay has a point. There is going to come a point where we just have to live with this virus. The strain it is placing on people is unsustainable so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I know people who have said they are feeling down about the social distancing and no end in sight to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭shearforce

Joe with the silver tongue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

wohhoooo !!! lockdown for years!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,234 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Long term of course it is
    But would this woman in her mid 70s prefer the alternative? Sure her family can pop over to her grave once in a while

The social distancing is going to end up worse than the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,193 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Well if you want to risk catching the virus and dying from it because you are in a riskier age group then touch away mrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Absolutely. What is the point of life if you can’t do the things that make it worth living?

• Advertisement
    M

RobertKK wrote: »
    I know people who have said they are feeling down about the social distancing and no end in sight to it.

I'd take my chances with volunteering for infection tomorrow if after recovering I was immune, sick of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

shearforce wrote: »
    Joe with the silver tongue

Ah here I can't get dat image outta my mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

11 weeks now since a beautiful woman kicked me in the balls. Joe.

I'd take my chances with volunteering for infection tomorrow if after recovering I was immune, sick of this.
    I am sure you can give it a go if you fancy.
    You could go to one of genmskis protests

I'm living alone. The only person Ive seen in 10 weeks is the shop keeper and at a social distance.

I'm getting fed up of hearing about people stuck at home with their parents/kids/loved ones and the feeling of isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,123 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Claire: Minister of Finance's office, Claire speaking.
    Emer: I want to speak to the Minister.

A previous Liveline Gold caller rang the housing minister at the time (Simon Coveney) and demanded to speak to him as she paid his wages

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

M

gmisk wrote: »
    Long term of course it is
    But would this woman in her mid 70s prefer the alternative? Sure her family can pop over to her grave once in a while

She doesn't have too many throws of the dice left at that age so to speak, better to enjoy 2 years than live under this hell for 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Not everyone is adverse to social distancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,773 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I know the feeling. Did Kay say where she lives?
    Not yet, she'll tell us in the next few minutes

For someone in their mid 70s it's likely a lot better than the alternative...

Let's be honest the social distancing thing is failing already you see plenty of people out meeting people in public already.

• Advertisement

Absolutely, and you know what, if I didn't survive, meh, it's better than being in perpetual jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,123 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

This auld wan is Missing her 12 o clock gin and tonic lunch

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

It was all about flattening the curve and that seems to a success, but it seems we are all suppose to be scared of the virus now and to have a new normal, rather than living a life, getting out of bed everyday is a risk and we have always lived with risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

So are you suggesting herd immunity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭bigroad

They could make condoms bigger and then we could go out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,773 ✭✭✭✭zell12

"he comes at eleven o'clock in the morning"
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSgbCdZxLjtYgbFnPI5n2xytBqzn0ODYJAAVpvRCbyyPiOcKDPo&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

What the hell do they expect liveline to do for them in this situation? Joe to say “ah feck this social distancing, ignore it all”??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭urgelgru

I'm living alone. The only person Ive seen in 10 weeks is the shop keeper and at a social distance.

I'm getting fed up of hearing about people stuck at home with their parents/kids/loved ones and the feeling of isolation.

I'm the same, but I've always been a very solitary creature and live a fair distance from family and partner anyway. I changed jobs just as de pestlinz struck so I've been able to work from home but haven't actually been into the office. :o

She doesn't have too many throws of the dice left at that age so to speak, better to enjoy 2 years than live under this hell for 5.
    If she feels that way off with her then I say.
    I think hell is a bit of a stretch....

• Advertisement
    M

It was all about flattening the curve and that seems to a success, but it seems we are all suppose to be scared of the virus now and to have a new normal, rather than living a life, getting out of bed everyday is a risk and we have always lived with risk.

Curve was flattened for community infection weeks ago, what happened in the nursery homes was a disgrace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement