Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

umanise…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭urgelgru

Covid complications sotospeak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Will joe allow any reaction to the ivor interview?

....will he fcuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭shearforce

letter reading

I'm out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

....will he fcuk

We know there were tweets and texts complaining about it but it will be ignored.

PLEASE complain about this, please. He can't be allowed to get away with this crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

....will he fcuk
    I have never text into anything in my life but I sent in a complaint I would think they got quite a few complaints.

Sent a complaint to feedback@rte.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,123 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Dear Mary,

Greetings from Tangir, I have met a lovely boy called Abdul.

Regards,

Brian

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Mr. Duffy: you enveloped dem wrong

Such a brilliant command of the English language.

Today's producer was Ivan Calorie's PR Agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Was half expecting Callely to be the leading item on de news.

• Advertisement

....will he fcuk

By the looks of it he’s already twiddled with Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Sorolla

A charismatic, Kennedyesque figure like Ivor would have been a great Taoiseach.

He might not be perfect but he sure helped his constituents whenever he could

He fixched the road

I’m looking forward to the buke

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

An absolute disgrace Joe.

Sorolla wrote: »
    A charismatic, Kennedyesque figure like Ivor would have been a great Taoiseach.

He might not be perfect but he sure helped his constituents whenever he could

He fixched the road

I’m looking forward to the buke

Don't forget covering up dobnok-shus graf-ee-tee

We know there were tweets and texts complaining about it but it will be ignored.

PLEASE complain about this, please. He can't be allowed to get away with this crap.

I don't know. Talking about how awful LahvLahn is is pretty much the highlight of my day, caller :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

By the looks of it he’s already twiddled with Twitter.
    I noticed that...he is a cute hoor!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Sigh must add ivor calorie to bingo card, its shaping up to be a Bobby dazzler, my friend g designer has gone broken arrow on me trying to figure out how to compile it all.
    Btw ivor wore a komodo dat boat crash day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭furiousox

I couldn't believe what I was hearing today.
    It shows how much contempt he has for his audience, an absolute insult.
    Nothing will come of it though, he will barge merrily on and that's the worst bit.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Also my dad and I working on sites for years used be driving home laughing out heads off as Michael o Leary ripped rte1 drivetime a new arsehole on about joe and ivor and Bertie and rte staff drinking pints and eating sandwiches together, wish he was on after ivor for balance so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

gmisk wrote: »
    I am definitely doing the same.
    Feedback@rte.ie should do the job

It pains me...but I too will be writing to Joe not with a birthday card this time but with some feedback that he has made an error of judgment.

• Advertisement

@Deeforbes_dee is a twitter handle you might want to use so to speak to circumvent the Liveline office’s manipulations.

furiousox wrote: »
    I couldn't believe what I was hearing today.
    It shows how much contempt he has for his audience, an absolute insult.
    Nothing will come of it though, he will barge merrily on and that's the worst bit.

I actually think this time he has gone a step too far and has proved himself to have (not similar criminality) but similar judgement to his personal friend Ivor Callely. I don’t think Dee Forbes etc can overlook it, quite frankly, I think there will be serious complaints from many quarters & individuals, including likes of Micheál Martin. I can see Noel Kelly getting the sweats a bit unless there is complete corruption throughout.

Edit-but maybe it is the sting of the dying bee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Sigh must add ivor calorie to bingo card, its shaping up to be a Bobby dazzler, my friend g designer has gone broken arrow on me trying to figure out how to compile it all.
    Btw ivor wore a komodo dat boat crash day

A watermark of some kind on the card might be something to think about for the card after putting the time and effort into it, I know I would be disgusted if some sorry excuse for a website like joe (not duffy) dot eye e or hur.ie stole it and used it as their own content.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Edit-but maybe it is the sting of the dying bee.

I did consider that during it Cat, he could be on the way out and its a two fingers to Dee and trolling us lot!

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5467980/mrs-brown-fair-city-rory-cowan-blocked-twitter/

Long time contributor to the show, fellow ballyer man like Joe and Ivor.

'I was getting called a Jew-loving bastard and a supporter of children getting murdered', Rory said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

PieOhMy wrote: »
    https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5467980/mrs-brown-fair-city-rory-cowan-blocked-twitter/

Long time contributor to the show, fellow ballyer man like Joe and Ivor.

'I was getting called a Jew-loving bastard and a supporter of children getting murdered', Rory said

I seen that yesterday and posted it in the Fair City thread, I nearly puked reading it
    And he is an Israeli loving, thin skinned, talenless bstrd

I seen that yesterday and posted it in the Fair City thread, I nearly puked reading it
    And he is an Israeli loving, thin skinned, talenless bstrd

He may be an Israeli loving, thin skinned, talenless bstrd but hes an Israeli loving, thin skinned, talenless bstrd with a degree in event management dont you know!

I wonder how that cycle accident actually happened. When people have it as a way of life to con and lie and cause havoc, I would imagine the guards would have taken a look into it so to speak. Reading between the lines here I just wonder:

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4514433/ivor-callely-bad-way-hospital-spinal-unit-tree-stump-bike-crash/

PieOhMy wrote: »
    He may be an Israeli loving, thin skinned, talenless bstrd but hes an Israeli loving, thin skinned, talenless bstrd with a degree in event management dont you know!

It’s a Diploma, caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I see that the standard of journalism in The Sun remains constant anyway. The last time I read a copy was in July 1981 for a suitably jingoistic report of Ian Botham's heroics at Headingly. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement