Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

if poor Syl didn't have the Sea Sea Tea Vee he would have been in a hole he wouldn't have been able to get out of. .

Which is exactly what he was accused of, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I thought Ivor hit a tree stump whilst out riding his bike. When did that change to “a tree fell on him”? Did I miss an episode, or fall asleep?

Yeah he never said he got hit by a falling tree. Said there had been a storm the night before and part of a tree had come down on the road.

Joe changed the narrative to suit his agenda and try make us feel sorry for poor old Ivor by making it sound like a whole tree fell on top of him just as he was cycling past.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2020/05/29/entertainment/movies-tv/joe-duffy-sally-rooney-normal-people/amp

‘You can still have it here, maybe it is slipping away but you can still have it here, a programme that has Donegal, Donabate, Kerry and Ballyfermot people talking to each other and sharing experiences or helping each other as has happened around this pandemic.’

The old geography letting him down again, small areas of dub a linn are on a par with entire counties outside. Ballyfermot has the highest caller to population ratio in the state?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,123 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

showbiz death like manna from heaven for Joseph on this sunny bank holiday Friday.

tell us Dickie about this riff between you and Brendan Bowyer

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

PieOhMy wrote: »
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2020/05/29/entertainment/movies-tv/joe-duffy-sally-rooney-normal-people/amp

‘You can still have it here, maybe it is slipping away but you can still have it here, a programme that has Donegal, Donabate, Kerry and Ballyfermot people talking to each other and sharing experiences or helping each other as has happened around this pandemic.’

The old geography letting him down again, small areas of dub a linn are on a par with entire counties outside. Ballyfermot has the highest caller to population ratio in the state?

I disagree Caller.

We all know that in the minds of Joe and many of his colleagues small areas of Dub-a-lin are far more important than entire counties "down de coooon-tree"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I predict that if Ivor does sue and win, he'll make an extraordinary recovery in the days after his compo cheque is cashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭KevRossi

BPKS wrote: »
    I disagree Caller.

We all know that in the minds of Joe and many of his colleagues small areas of Dub-a-lin are far more important than entire counties "down de coooon-tree"

A few years ago, there was a discussion on Liveline of catastrophic flooding down the country. Joe broke off from someone whose house was flooded to speak to a caller who rang in to report there was a flood on the road in Sutton. A few inches of water, perfectly easy to drove through, but Joe had him on for a while nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,123 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

freind of the show Charlie Chawke plans to build 290 apartments on the site of the Goat Grill, where will the peeple of south county dub ba lin do during next years cheltenham week...cough cough

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Greetings chums (that’s my Bryan Tubridy impression).

Busy day today so I couldn’t even glance at the thread and dat so to speak as they say. Looks like I missed a snoozefest.

For those of you expressing a desire to go to India so to speak as they say, as someone who spent a lot of time there (work related) all I can say is I’ll never go back. I’m sure there are likely beautiful parts to it, but I have no desire to re-see some of the poverty I saw there, juxtaposed by the sight of a 21 year old driving his Bugatti down the road those people lived on.

On de yoga, dare duz be an interesting documentary on Netflix about de “founder” of Bikram yoga so to speak as they say.

It does be riddled with poverty an dat, a dreadful society. My mother’s sister, who had hardly left Doobalin so to speak, was swept off her feet by an Irish film maker who was living in de family’s basement apartment in Rathgar abt 1950, ended up married to him and living in Bollywood so to speak, rearing her family in India and Pakistan. She had a man lined up for my mother out there, inviting her out to be the family nanny so to speak, so I might have been born there only me faaaader might have been someone else. Have only been in northern India, I believe the south is less appallingly poverty-stricken.

i cornered a rat once it tried to bite me so i moved left hit it a clatter with my putter stunned it fell on ground.
    i then moved down to see flew up at me, just missed got out driver that did it.
    looking at joes scheming i see similarities..

I was actually BITTEN by a rat in a library where I worked in a certain suburb of Doobalin dat is well known to Joe. Two bold boys thought they would have a bit of fun by bringing in a wild rat from de yard outside and putting it on the desk to “scare de girls”. De boys expected me to start screaming in terror (my colleague actually did) but instead I took rat in my hands and brought him back outside. When the rat sank his long teeth in my hand the boys actually started screaming, thinking of how that could have happened them. I pulled him out of my hand, followed the curve of the teeth, and placed him back outside. The rest of the staff were in test break and when I went into the staff room to ask some to go back out to the floor so that I could clean my hand, they thought I was playing yet another prank.

Edit - De colour of de rat was brown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I was actually BITTEN by a rat in a library where I worked in a certain suburb of Doobalin dat is well known to Joe. Two bold boys thought they would have a bit of fun by bringing in a wild rat from de yard outside and putting it on the desk to “scare de girls”. De boys expected me to start screaming in terror (my colleague actually did) but instead I took rat in my hands and brought him back outside. When the rat sank his long teeth in my hand the boys actually started screaming, thinking of how that could have happened them. I pulled him out of my hand, followed the curve of the teeth, and placed him back outside. The rest of the staff were in test break and when I went into the staff room to ask some to go back out to the floor so that I could clean my hand, they thought I was playing yet another prank.

Edit - De colour of de rat was brown.
    I hope the poor wee rateen didn’t catch any rare disease from biting you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I'm going to put up de bingo card 1 by 1 for 40 days for two reasons hard get quality right and my gd has gone radio silent lol.
    First one today at 1245

I'm going to put up de bingo card 1 by 1 for 40 days for two reasons hard get quality right and my gd has gone radio silent lol.
    First one today at 1245

A preemptive tyfys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭cozar

dvcireland wrote: »
    showbiz death like manna from heaven for Joseph on this sunny bank holiday Friday.

tell us Dickie about this riff between you and Brendan Bowyer

who be dead this lovely day?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Do the hucklebuck. Heeeeyyyyyyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I thought Ivor hit a tree stump whilst out riding his bike. When did that change to “a tree fell on him”? Did I miss an episode, or fall asleep?

The IRA planted it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    The IRA planted it

Fionnuala Flanagan paid for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Speaking of trees, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree with Ivor’s son. Letting off a firework in coppers the little sh1te.

Gods Gift wrote: »

Ah no. Poor auld Brendan.
    I spent an hour in his company about 15 years ago. His daughter Aisling duetted on the unwoke Fairy of NY with Shane at the first pogues reunion in the point. We slobbered a few bottles of Bollinger with Brendan, JP Dunlevy, Ronnie Drew and BP Fallon. Must root out the pics.

cozar wrote: »
    thought the great man of the people would be first on your list. ?

I have other plans for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Speaking of trees, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree with Ivor’s son. Letting off a firework in coppers the little sh1te.
    The person effected by that had to go and get treated for burns.....he did not go to jail....typical really

NO 1

NO 1

Well done! Well done! Thank you for your service.

gmisk wrote: »
    The person effected by that had to go and get treated for burns.....he did not go to jail....typical really

Shure he was only gettin' a bit of an auld buzz goin'.....

Ah no. Poor auld Brendan.
    I spent an hour in his company about 15 years ago. His daughter Aisling duetted on the unwoke Fairy of NY with Shane at the first pogues reunion in the point. We slobbered a few bottles of Bollinger with Brendan, JP Dunlevy, Ronnie Drew and BP Fallon. Must root out the pics.

Are you Mr. Duffy?

Sunday is the 44th anniversary of 2 FM Brendan Balfe

He'll be on with highlights of his career.

Brendan Bowyer mention.

People banned from doing the Charleton.

Pick your radio highlights.

Joe sounding like he was caught in the headlights. Very stutterey

POSSIBLY on twodaze show (but it might be given over to Ivan Calorie again to tell us how great he is):

2fm LOVE IN this afternoon with Mr. Duffy and Brendan Balfe.

Brendan Bowyer dead so to speak. Peeple thrown out of dancehalls for doin' de Charleston - get out!

Mr. Duffy is in one of his giddy moods - be warned - this usually means a shoytefest.

Excellent. Keep em comin'

514632.png

Wasnt sure if that link would work, but in the very likely absense of any fireworks today please see attached a clip to which I frequently return that is relentless gold from start to finish. One of the hardy bucks does a great almost verbatum re enactment of it

• Advertisement

Excellent. Keep em comin'

514632.png

1 a day shall i work weekends sayz i does joe u put dem up like dis sligo i have no idea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement