Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Has Liveline, a national caller driven Irish radio show had a debate about the very real crowded central Dublin protest yesterday?
    From the possibility of spreading the virus to the implications for the public's readiness to abide by the pandemic regulations after seeing this and many other big breaches to the reasoning behind the police's lack of enforcing regulations except in very easy, limited circumstances.
    the shcoking murder of Floyd and the subject of racism within Ireland could have been explored as well.

I mean, there's so much potential to talk with Irish people of all opinions about an event with so many strands with an Irish perspective...

...but a US centric show with a clearly inebriated & dumb southern US Trump fan, a supercillious deaf and blind and dumb northern US anti-Trumper and an Irish comedian is what a presenter on 400k+ a year and the band of researchers around him thought was a good call on our national flaghsip radio station.

You were doing so well,until you said comedian..:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mind boggling they will try another march

You’re racist in the eyes of some by even asking that question.

Apparently there’s one in Galway too. I wonder will it be led by de police brutality hold me back screaming gobshoyte who was on the prom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I listen to many radio stations from all around the wurdld. Never have I even once been tempted to call,mail,text or tweet any one of them. Joseph Duffy is so lucky to have such a wide audience who feel the need to contact his gravy train. ;)

I listen to many radio stations from all around the wurdld. Never have I even once been tempted to call,mail,text or tweet any one of them. Joseph Duffy is so lucky to have such a wide audience who feel the need to contact his gravy train. ;)

I would estimate that 90% of his regular audience have never been on the internet, haven’t a clue what a podcast is, or have ever listened to anything other than RTÉ radio and the death notices on whatever local radio station they also listen to so to speak as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I mean, there's so much potential to talk with Irish people of all opinions about an event with so many strands with an Irish perspective...

...but a US centric show with a clearly inebriated & dumb southern US Trump fan, a supercillious deaf and blind and dumb northern US anti-Trumper and an Irish comedian is what a presenter on 400k+ a year and the band of researchers around him thought was a good call on our national flaghsip radio station.

Couldn't believe they kept the pro Trump caller on the line for the whole show. She was doing nothing more than ranting on with blatant lies whilst under the influence of something strong. I'm all for balanced debate but she was contributing nothing factually to the debate.

I assume she was left on for trolling purposes only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did they find her on Twitter or something? She sure as hell didn't ring in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,561 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Aidric wrote: »
    Couldn't believe they kept the pro Trump caller on the line for the whole show. She was doing nothing more than ranting on with blatant lies whilst under the influence of something strong. I'm all for balanced debate but she was contributing nothing factually to the debate.

And Duffy utterly incapable of moderating.

He really has no knowledge, articulation or education for the type shows..an absolute mumbler

Best suited to tampax controversy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

gmisk wrote: »
    Black Americans are 2.5 time more likely to be killed by the police than white.
    That is extremely high considering black people make up about 13% of US population

blacks are disproportionately involved in crime , its not high when you bear that in mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

jay0109 wrote: »
    RTE always find the biggest quack possible to represent the conservative view point

indeed , the iona institute are portrayed by RTE as being reflective of mainstream conservative opinion in ireland , ive no objection to david quinn being on radio and i find his collumns good reading but hes a religous conservative , not a big tent one , hes niche presented as general and its deliberate on the part of the media here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    blacks are disproportionately involved in crime , its not high when you bear that in mind

ah shure thats our fault as well

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Did they find her on Twitter or something? She sure as hell didn't ring in.
    No idea but would be interested to know. Duffy said she was calling in from Dallas which has a 6 hour time difference if my calculations are correct. That would mean she was calling in at 07:30 AM local time. She sounded pretty tuned up for that time of the morning.
    walshb wrote: »

He really has no knowledge, articulation or education for the type shows..an absolute mumbler

What struck me was that he seemed exasperated by her contributions and was even second guessing her answers yet still decided to keep her on the line. When someone is blatantly lying and peddling untruths they should be cut off immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

You’re racist in the eyes of some by even asking that question.

Apparently there’s one in Galway too. I wonder will it be led by de police brutality hold me back screaming gobshoyte who was on the prom?

He apologised on galway bay fm today. I hear thay station a bit nowadays and they arent shy about reading out texts that are anti captial Ts either

No idea but would be interested to know. Duffy said she was calling in from Dallas which has a 6 hour time difference if my calculations are correct. That would mean she was calling in at 07:30 AM local time. She sounded pretty tuned up for that time of the morning.

What struck me was that he seemed exasperated by her contributions and was even second guessing her answers yet still decided to keep her on the line. When someone is blatantly lying and peddling untruths they should be cut off immediately.

Was it not the middle of the night? :pac:

Note: I know you’re fairly new here, for context if Mr. Duffy calls anyone from basically outside of Europe in his mind it’s always “the middle of the night”. Even New York, a mere 5 hours behind us is apparently in the middle of the night when it’s 2:30pm here so to speak as they say.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    He apologised on galway bay fm today. I hear thay station a bit nowadays and they arent shy about reading out texts that are anti captial Ts either

I’m pleasantly surprised, fair play to him if it was sincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Someone wrote in to say he didnt sound sorry enough! But he came on air and said it, I think thats enough to expect from a young lad. People were able to track down his school which was also contacted by people complaining so maybe they had a part to play

Was it not the middle of the night? :pac:

Note: I know you’re fairly new here, for context if Mr. Duffy calls anyone from basically outside of Europe in his mind it’s always “the middle of the night”. Even New York, a mere 5 hours behind us is apparently in the middle of the night when it’s 2:30pm here so to speak as they say.

She was certainly on a middle of the night buzz. :)

Constantly sniffing and sparking up at one point of the interview.

big backlash on social media against vsc virtue signalling clowns
    watch sieben change tack 2mrw faster than an oiled up otter on a bobsleigh

btw im starting to add audio to bingo card. it will be out lightning fast like rte in 2225. im stuck in hotel california i will be making de bingo card at dis rate till im a young man at 90.
    todays show was epic 40 is not a big enough boat. i will ad ones now live so to speak today was brillo.
    only caveat is baby cretin teething and mummy cretin wat is dat ****e ur at.
    interestingly my polish gf has sent me pics of empty vodka bottles. make of that what u will...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,852 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Suited them to have a bit of a pissed up looney on to represent the Trump side, for Joe to ridicule. He could not even do that right. Pity they could not have someone coherent on

2smiggy wrote: »
    Suited them to have a bit of a pissed up looney on to represent the Trump side, for Joe to ridicule. He could not even do that right. Pity they could not have someone coherent on

Not being smart but when has there been anyone coherently speaking on behalf of Trump? He has surrounded himself with sycophants who don't have a moral bone in their bodies.

That unhinged caller was nothing more than a testament to how broken the system is in America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3151776271541842&id=247861075266724

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

That same fcuking quote about him losing his job tomorrow. Sounds like a rehash of the Sindo article from weeks ago that Butters pulled apart.

New Bond (Catmaniac) title..

TOMORROW IS TWO WEEKS TOO LATE!

Not being smart but when has there been anyone coherently speaking on behalf of Trump? He has surrounded himself with sycophants who don't have a moral bone in their bodies.

That unhinged caller was nothing more than a testament to how broken the system is in America.

Cal Thomas (regular on The Last Word) does to be fair; not saying I agree with him by the way but at least he’s articulate!

walshb wrote: »

Are you new here?

Welcome btw! ;)

Turns out Miss Dallas was right:

https://twitter.com/mendesarnold/status/1267863193910722567?s=20

It’s on the internet so it’s true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Thats why they left her on, because she was pretty off it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Your racist if you don't conveniently ignore that fact.

btw im starting to add audio to bingo card. it will be out lightning fast like rte in 2225. im stuck in hotel california i will be making de bingo card at dis rate till im a young man at 90.
    todays show was epic 40 is not a big enough boat. i will ad ones now live so to speak today was brillo.
    only caveat is baby cretin teething and mummy cretin wat is dat ****e ur at.
    interestingly my polish gf has sent me pics of empty vodka bottles. make of that what u will...

Adding audio will take it to de next level so to speak as they say and technologically to a place that certain telephonists won’t be able to operate it and dat.

• Advertisement

Adding audio will take it to de next level so to speak as they say and technologically to a place that certain telephonists won’t be able to operate it and dat.

my biggest hurdle is the 1mb limit atm on boards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement