Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Well done! Well done!

Btw, didn't Mr. Duffy say de name wrong and dat and call hik "Joe Erotic"? Now there's an image that can't be erased quickly....

yes he did. did u spot eoin petal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

yes he did. did u spot eoin petal?

Of course! Of course!

Mr. Duffy: 2 as a percentage of 32 is 20% (I'm using Mr. Duffy style Matty Matticks here). 3 chiuslers did read de buke so 1 out of de 5 of dem should have read de buke - dja follow me?
    Caller: Exactly Joe. It's
    and dats 421 familes affected

tommorow i will unveil bonos cock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Shame on RTE for broadcating that. Shame. If the "reporter" had any cop or any sense of journalistic integrity on he (OR SHE!) would have pointed out that that is not actually racist, that the book is considered a literary masterpiece, and if you think that being asked to read it is racist you are going out of your way to be offended and are a woke twat.

I'd be willing to bet the #wokefolk would have found it racist if she hadn't been asked to read it too.....

Caller: The teacher only asked white children to read the book Joe
    Mr. Duffy: How many chislers in de class?
    Caller: 32
    Mr. Duffy: How many of them are black so to speak as they say?
    Caller: 2
    Mr. Duffy: How many chislers were asked to read from de buke?
    Caller: 3 Joe, in a 45minute class. And both of de black chislers were ignored.
    Mr. Duffy: 2 as a percentage of 32 is 20% (I'm using Mr. Duffy style Matty Matticks here). 3 chiuslers did read de buke so 1 out of de 5 of dem should have read de buke - dja follow me?
    Caller: Exactly Joe. It's a disgrace!
    Mr. Duffy: And where are you from originally Soesaimh?
    Caller: Dundrum Joe, but I identify as an unwell black African American teenage lesbian wit a difference and Ass Burgers
    Mr. Duffy: Well done! Well done! And you have you experienced racism in Ireland Seosaimh?
    Caller: Yes Joe, I have as have all people of colour. I wasn't invited to the premiere of Black Panther and I was refused permission by my white parents to name my dog Wakanda McDermott.
    Mr. Duffy: Wow.

Youd have to wonder sometimes do they allow these type of comments to go out on purpose like. Despite it being moronic it is still her (stupid) opinion. And it does what she thinks is her cause no favours either like

• Advertisement

POLL TOYME SO TO SPEAK

From now on, should we call him:
    Woke McDermott

Or

Wakanda McDermott

Text W for Woke or in dis case Yes so to speak, and W for Wakanda or in dis case No so to speak

I think I recall a liveline about this subject once

Doesn't ring a bell so to speak. Not saying you're wrong so to speak as they say though there could have bene when I was on one of hi-ate-usesesesesesssssessssesss and dat.

I nearly had to turn de radio off a few minutes ago on Drivetime. Question asked if a Black Irish girl “Give an example of how you were affected by racism”, and she replies “indeed, when I was a school girl I was asked to read to the class an extract from “To Kill a Mocking Bird” and it was a racist book with the N word in it. That is how racist Ireland is.”

I’ve heard it all now.

There are undoubtedly many incidents of racism in Ireland, and I abhor it in any shape or form. That example above however is not racism.

I wonder does this young lady (like myself) listens to rap on occasion? Does she boycott all de acts dat use de N word copiously? I doubt she does somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

There are undoubtedly many incidents of racism in Ireland, and I abhor it in any shape or form. That example above however is not racism.

I wonder does this young lady (like myself) listens to rap on occasion? Does she boycott all de acts dat use de N word copiously? I doubt she does somehow.

Dos ya be chillin wit ya bitches wen ya dos be listnin to da rap yo honky sonofabiatch

Dos ya be chillin wit ya bitches wen ya dos be listnin to da rap yo honky sonofabiatch

No, but on occasion I relax with the ladies when I listen to the Urban Poetry of the disaffected so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Prof Ebun having a bit of a rant on VM now. There's blood trickling out of my ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

No, but on occasion I relax with the ladies when I listen to the Urban Poetry of the disaffected so to speak.

I have to put up with that too but the ladies in question are my daughter and her mate. . I let it slide on the condition that I can play my music at my levels as well. While i'd never listen to any of that "Jungle music" voluntarily, my daughter would happily listen to Trad, the Rolling Stones, Led Zep, Deep Purple, AC/DC , Kris K, Johnny Cash The Pogues, you name it.

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Prof Ebun having a bit of a rant on VM now. There's blood trickling out of my ears.

Missed that. To be fair to Joe, he didn't leave her on for too long yesterday. She fried his head fairly rapid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

sligojoek wrote: »
    Missed that. To be fair to Joe, he didn't leave her on for too long yesterday. She fried his head fairly rapid.

She wasn't on long with Cooper either. She had a fair ol run with Sarah McI this morning (see her thread) Ebun's getting great mileage out of it.

I have to put up with that too but the ladies in question are my daughter and her mate. . I let it slide on the condition that I can play my music at my levels as well. While i'd never listen to any of that "Jungle music" voluntarily, my daughter would happily listen to Trad, the Rolling Stones, Led Zep, Deep Purple, AC/DC , Kris K, Johnny Cash The Pogues, you name it.

One thing I thank my parents for despite their many faults is my love of music of all genres. My fadder was a massive Stones fan, but also big into funk and disco; me murder was into American (not Irish) Country, folk, and classical amongst others. Too many people only listen to a very narrow sphere, it’s really good to go as wide as you can. Plus years working in a record shop as a teen and in uni helped too.

I recently came across a gent on YouTube who does reaction videos to music from other genres. It’s amusing and interesting. He’s African American so to speak, if estimate in his 30s. He said his uncle was always on to him to not just listen to “black music”, but when he was younger he never listened to him - in the USbtw it would be entirely possible to grow up just listening to one kind of music btw given the amount of radio stations, music channels, and obvious racial factors etc. His uncle left him his Record collection and he’s working his way through it. The other day he was listening to Whitesnake, it was funny. Imagine hearing the guitar solo from “Is This Love” for the first time? Must be cool.

Thankfully I missed it too. She’s so militant she’s doing more harm than good tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,163 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thankfully I missed it too. She’s so militant she’s doing more harm than good tbh.

Someone interviewing her needs to tell her to calm the fook down and speak in a civilised manner and drop the agression, if she came on my show (I don't yet have one so to speak :pac:) I'd tell her to go on an anger management course and come back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Liveline is not what it was PC (Pre Covid) remember the days of Bearny with the bucket on her head to go outside as the birds attack.:)

The time Joe though having a referendum on whether the have another referendum was the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Liveline is not what it was PC (Pre Covid) remember the days of Bearny with the bucket on her head to go outside as the birds attack.:)

The time Joe though having a referendum on whether the have another referendum was the way to go.

Joe
    Robbie
    Joe
    Robbie
    Joe
    Robbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Someone interviewing her needs to tell her to calm the fook down and speak in a civilised manner and drop the agression, if she came on my show (I don't yet have one so to speak :pac:) I'd tell her to go on an anger management course and come back to me.
    You could always setup A.D.A.M.C. Atlantic Dawn Anger Management Courses ;)

• Advertisement
    M

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    You could always setup A.D.A.M.C. Atlantic Dawn Anger Management Courses ;)

Don't be encouraging me, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭Jeff2

fritzelly wrote: »
    Joe
    Robbie
    Joe
    Robbie
    Joe
    Robbie

Drop dead Tom. :)

One thing I thank my parents for despite their many faults is my love of music of all genres. My fadder was a massive Stones fan, but also big into funk and disco; me murder was into American (not Irish) Country, folk, and classical amongst others. Too many people only listen to a very narrow sphere, it’s really good to go as wide as you can. Plus years working in a record shop as a teen and in uni helped too.

I recently came across a gent on YouTube who does reaction videos to music from other genres. It’s amusing and interesting. He’s African American so to speak, if estimate in his 30s. He said his uncle was always on to him to not just listen to “black music”, but when he was younger he never listened to him - in the USbtw it would be entirely possible to grow up just listening to one kind of music btw given the amount of radio stations, music channels, and obvious racial factors etc. His uncle left him his Record collection and he’s working his way through it. The other day he was listening to Whitesnake, it was funny. Imagine hearing the guitar solo from “Is This Love” for the first time? Must be cool.

I lost interest in Whitesnake after Bernie Marsden and Mickey Moody, Ian Paice and Jon Lord left.

Interviewer: How did you feel when you saw Whitesnake perform "Here I go again" on MTV to millions of people.

Bernie Marsden: (who wrote the song and left before the commercial success of the song) Whitesnake??? You mean David Coverdale and five Americans??

The original so to speak, as they say, upstairs as they call it.

The MTV version, so to speak etc.

I've played a lot of music to the kids over the years and the only one that took any notice was the 18yr old who should have started her leaving this week. During the lockdown I've noticed her singing to songs on the RC show, word for word. I'd barely know the chorus of most of them . SHe was hoping to get 90 to 100 % for music in the leaving and "never touch a fcukin guitar or piano again". She's more into the "Theory" end of things.

Mad as a box of frogs. Twasn't off the grass she licked it.

I lost interest in Whitesnake after Bernie Marsden and Mickey Moody, Ian Paice and Jon Lord left.

Interviewer: How did you feel when you saw Whitesnake perform "Here I go again" on MTV to millions of people.

Bernie Marsden: (who wrote the song and left before the commercial success of the song) Whitesnake??? You mean David Coverdale and five Americans??

The original so to speak, as they say, upstairs as they call it.

The MTV version, so to speak etc.

I've played a lot of music to the kids over the years and the only one that took any notice was the 18yr old who should have started her leaving this week. During the lockdown I've noticed her singing to songs on the RC show, word for word. I'd barely know the chorus of most of them . SHe was hoping to get 90 to 100 % for music in the leaving and "never touch a fcukin guitar or piano again". She's more into the "Theory" end of things.

Mad as a box of frogs. Twasn't off the grass she licked it.

I know dat! I know dat! I know dat!

Congrats to her on her 7 A1s so to speak.:pac:

There’s a few Jon Lord solos and showing off at de concert and dat videos on YouTube so to speak - totes amazeballs so to speak as they say. He also does a really good version of “Is This Love” himself. I may or may not have watched the video just for Tawny Kitaen 10,000 times as a teenager......

Fun fact: Whitesnake and Def Leppard were staying in the Malmaison Hotel in Belfast in 2008 when I was also there on a stag. We had some merriment in the residents bar so to speak as they say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Take your music talk elsewhere.
    Your filling up the thread with pointless chatter.
    This is the liveline thread.
    Have some respect.
    Ffs.
    #washurhands.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Take your music talk elsewhere.
    Your filling up the thread with pointless chatter.
    This is the liveline thread.
    Have some respect.
    Ffs.
    #washurhands.

Apologies caller. If you send me your address by pm I’ll send you a copy of “Just Joe, me autobiography and dat so to speak as they say” by way of apology.

Thank you for your service.

That wan is a society troll, trying best she can to incite hatred (if you were the idiot like she hopes you are) because of her own anger issues, and the appalling thing is that a university awarded her the ultimate end degree in her hobbyhorse subject. It’s most unfortunate that she, in particular, has been awarded the public platform to fly her skull and crossbones flag, when I’m sure there are plenty of more reasonable individuals who could do a more effective job without blatantly insulting most of society around her. I have lost a lot of respect for third level institutions because of this class of thing. I loathe tokenism of all kinds, but believe all genuine virtues should be let shine their light.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,848 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Not sure if already posted but Death Cult Joe is considering writing a new buke - about dem dat doyed of the Corona Virus

https://twitter.com/insidebooksire/status/1268266245540937729

Is there no beginning to this man's talents?

M

leath_dub wrote: »
    Not sure if already posted but Death Cult Joe is considering writing a new buke - about dem dat doyed of the Corona Virus

Love/Hate with fibregades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

leath_dub wrote: »

https://twitter.com/insidebooksire/status/1268266245540937729

That 'real croime' joke could be the new solpadine effort

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement