Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

EXPUNGE!

I can do several acccents actually. Sometimes even at once.

When I was a teenager I was always doing pranks, involving accents & disguise. Using torn old work clothes, and covering my head in clay from de garden I called to the house next door pretending to be a beggar, and put on de accent of de people who journey de roads. Got a couple of pounds out into my hands, but got short shrift when I asked for more.. “Ma’am that wouldn’t pay fer de childers’ milk, der starvin ma’am..”

Another time I phoned my busy mother from the house phone to her business phone upstairs pretending to be her friend from Birmingham. Up to her eyes with work, I convinced her I was her friend, Molly, and that she had arrived in Ireland and couldn’t manage to get a hotel room and could she oblige. My poor mother was in a sweat trying to be diplomatic yet let her down gently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Una is a cert for the late late Friday nite so.
    I’ll be glued to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Anything Una Healy is selling I'm buying
    gmisk wrote: »
    Her music?

You are one sick sick puppy
    Gods Gift wrote: »
    Una is a cert for the late late Friday nite so.
    I’ll be glued to it.

It seems to be a different Una Healy than would first come to mind, so she probably won't be on the late late.
    This one seems to be a graphic designer.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PieOhMy: It's false advertising Joe, I bought the Una Healy buke in good faith tinking it was Una Healy de singer so to speak. Turns out it's Una Healy de graphic designer....I'm disgusted Joe.
    Mr. Duffy: but but but but but but but but it's for a good cause, duz it really matter?
    PieOhMy: Yeah, it does Joe. I can hardly **** to this can I?
    Mr. Duffy: back after deeze.

:pac:

0lddog wrote: »

Wat is dis really about? Did Steve send Lenny a pic of Mr. Duffy? WHOY?

• Advertisement

2 una healys.
    Me heart won’t cope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,779 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

gmisk wrote: »
    Id say joe would love a oul reminisce about the joys of Fortran

Nothing like the thrill of seeing reams and reams of paper being spat out a printer all containing a string of errors that you have to plough through and find the missing punctuation. Such are the joys of COBOL.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

trying to set up a voip phone for de old uns, fk me it wud be literally easier put a monkey into space.
    de thought of joe doing it is lol.
    wat is a sip? whoy is de light still red whoy?

Just get them a cheapy and ready to go account with this lot - set up is a jiffy.
    https://www.freevoipdeal.com/
    Dirt cheap to run, but they'd need another number for incoming calls, like a mobile, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

PieOhMy: It's false advertising Joe, I bought the Una Healy buke in good faith tinking it was Una Healy de singer so to speak. Turns out it's Una Healy de graphic designer....I'm disgusted Joe.
    Mr. Duffy: but but but but but but but but it's for a good cause, duz it really matter?
    PieOhMy: Yeah, it does Joe. I can hardly **** to this can I?
    Mr. Duffy: back after deeze.

:pac:

This is the greatest case of false advertising since 'Liveline: What happened next' made out that it was actually going to show us what happened next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gods Gift wrote: »
    2 una healys.
    Me heart won’t cope.

Mine will be fine.

In other news. The world is OK again, Thanks to Joe.

Irish-Sun-1-12-5-20-scaled.jpg

• Advertisement

Quick Johnny Logan story.

10 or more years ago I went to visit a friend (Sean, not real name) who was near retiring from a senior civil service post. Before I left he asked me to hang on as there was someone coming that I might like to meet. Turns out Sean had won a few grand in a European civil service draw and Johnny Logan and a photographer were coming to present him a cheque and get a few publicity pics taken.

As they were leaving Sean asked Johnny if he fancied a wee drop of a special whiskey and Johnny said, 'Shur, why not?' . We finished the bottle between the three of us. Good crack was had. Pity the poor old photographer/driver who had to take Johnny back to Dublin. Not in a bad way but Johnny was ratarsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭golondrinas

urgelgru wrote: »
    Yes I recognise that as a Waterford accent ;)
    You don’t recognise the blaa blaa .you could eat it up if you had a learge bottle to go with it.

Ah ffs.
    I was waiting for the headline for when dickie did hit Johnny.

DICK BURSTS JOHNNY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,684 ✭✭✭✭zell12

sligojoek wrote: »
    Quick Johnny Logan story.
    10 or more years ago I went to visit a friend (Sean, not real name) who was near retiring from a senior civil service post. Before I left he asked me to hang on as there was someone coming that I might like to meet. Turns out Sean had won a few grand in a European civil service draw and Johnny Logan and a photographer were coming to present him a cheque and get a few publicity pics taken.
    As they were leaving Sean asked Johnny if he fancied a wee drop of a special whiskey and Johnny said, 'Shur, why not?' . We finished the bottle between the three of us. Good crack was had. Pity the poor old photographer/driver who had to take Johnny back to Dublin. Not in a bad way but Johnny was ratarsed.
    I'm confused, Johnny's real name is Seán Patrick Michael Sherrard

zell12 wrote: »
    I'm confused, Johnny's real name is Seán Patrick Michael Sherrard

Sean does be de irish for John so to speak as they say. Also, it's a stage name.
    BREAKING: Rick O'Shea exposed as fake name so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,684 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Next you'll be telling me that Joe Duffy is a stage name, short and simple

RTE need to hire this guy to defend their fees, salaries, and expenditure.

zell12 wrote: »
    Next you'll be telling me that Joe Duffy is a stage name, short and simple

No, it's his real name, but he's the fake in this case.

Protest and road block in Galway last night by a certain group protesting the fact that there are garda checkpoints near by. In an unrelated note some shops out that direction have had to close due to some customers not following social distancing rules.

You would think that a combination of a) livelines obsession with funerals and b) large funerals taking place in cork at the weekend attended by 100s and c) the caller driven nature of show that this topic might come up. But like the Keelings issue it appears that people just arent interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Protest and road block in Galway last night by a certain group protesting the fact that there are garda checkpoints near by. In an unrelated note some shops out that direction have had to close due to some customers not following social distancing rules.

You would think that a combination of a) livelines obsession with funerals and b) large funerals taking place in cork at the weekend attended by 100s and c) the caller driven nature of show that this topic might come up. But like the Keelings issue it appears that people just arent interested.

great user name.
    people are concerned its de left wing Liberal loons and media dat due to pc anxiety cannot mention certain things.
    btw 2 hospital staff cud not get through after 12 hr shifts aslo blocked an ambulance...

• Advertisement

great user name.
    people are concerned its de left wing Liberal loons and media dat due to pc anxiety cannot mention certain things.
    btw 2 hospital staff cud not get through after 12 hr shifts aslo blocked an ambulance...

I'm sorry but the people who blocked should be moved on and/or arrested if they're stopping essential services. Are they Americans? :rolleyes:

Where in Galway? I'm curious about this one. My cocooning father will likely leave the house to tell these muppets to "F off" so to speak as they say if he hears about this.

Where in Galway? I'm curious about this one. My cocooning father will likely leave the house to tell these muppets to "F off" so to speak as they say if he hears about this.

Headford Road, particularly Carrowbrowne..

https://m.facebook.com/jamesdavidcharity/videos/1151338418553566/?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php&_rdr

Gobshoytes of the highest order. Great to see the tropical temperatures in Galway at the moment though - at least it appears to be from the video with all the lads in shorts at night.

Where are the Gardai? Or is this another civil matter?

guards there butters dis lot were in dunnes last week.
    little scrote: id stael dat maskk off ye but you migh hav de virus so i wont
    mammy scrote: clip baby scrote on head. fair play to ye sir
    de same ones from dat area no social distancing in shops 2 3 times a day ffs.

allegedly years ago council went down to enforce pollution.
    they were baracaded in rubbish and petrol put under van and left for 4 hours till they let them out.
    they burn nasty sht as well everyone in galway sees a huge plume during summer days.
    these lads cud happily kick off butters imo army brought in to quieten them but de bleedin hearts wud pass out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jelutong

Galway City of Culture 2020 fringe attraction?

jelutong wrote: »
    Galway City of Culture 2020 fringe attraction?

the pikei bucfast ballet

Is the lockdown interfering with anyone's right to tarmac and do roofing travel?

the pikei bucfast ballet

Is Buckfast still as popular as ever in Gaillimh? I've never tasted it myself - the smell alone was enough to put me off. My youngest brother however is a big fan, everytime he comes home from Canadia he brings a few bottles back with him so to speak as they say.

• Advertisement

De leaving cert. More fallout. Vexacious bizzare.

Doctor Tomás Ryan from yesterday. Joe seems to be a big fan.

More stories of people waiting for results of tests.

Aer Lingus. Vouchers. Sick child in America. Joe nearly did a little cry mid sentence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement