Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

'Concealed pregnancy', wtf, it's not like it's a pack of crisps you are hiding.

cozar wrote: »
    why is RTE avoiding the Carrigaline story?

Doesn’t suit de narrative, caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Ideal situation for joe would be if she was also in artane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,250 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really no, I would say historically you're right, but right now and going forward ... I'd be scared to go to the United States to be honest - I'm done visiting there anyway thankfully...
    There is a huge difference between people wanting to be seen as PC etc and attacks genuinely motivated solely by someone's skin colour. Scared to go to the US because you are white?....laughable to be honest.
    I am sorry but the instances of people being attacked for being white versus people of colour must be a tiny tiny fraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Actually ‘twas Carrigaline, south of city. Don’t know the background but I see one tweet saying the video is being circulated by “white supremacists”.

A minor was charged this morning in relation to the incident. I saw some video footage of the incident and it was horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,126 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Coloured is a widely socially acceptable acceptable term currently used In South Africa to describe people of Asian/Malay ethnicity.

Michael Portillo has been travelling in Asia on BBC 2, he met people whose ancestors were Portugese settlers that married local Malayan women.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,830 ✭✭✭buried

St Brigid's wasn't closed down in 1967

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    A minor was charged this morning in relation to the incident. I saw some video footage of the incident and it was horrific.

Very bizarre that the media are largely ignoring it.

15 out of 100 is 15%. Top notch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,786 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Short little story from my own experience

Kids in my child’s school were being bullied by a member of the travelling community over a period of months

The teachers turned a blind eye so it seemed anyway

Eventually the parent was called in to school to discuss little johnnys bullying

Allegedly (heard from a v good source) Guess what the first excuse was? Racism accusations.

This stuff is nuclear dangerous in schools these days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

This truly is shocking. If it not obvious to everybody at this stage, RTE only cover the news stories that they can use to create their own story of life in Ireland. So, they will cover the Trey letter story, because they want to paint all Irish people as being racist. And they will not cover the Carrigaline story as they don't want us to know that there are serious issues about the massive numbers of angry, violent young men that we are importing from other countries.

dvcireland wrote: »
    Michael Portillo has been travelling in Asia on BBC 2, he met people whose ancestors were Portugese settlers that married local Malayan women.

Lot of Portuguese influences in de east, Macau, Goa, Timor Leste etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,830 ✭✭✭buried

"i found knowledge for myself in Ireland by getting a magazine from AmeriKKKa every week"

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Did RTE cover the story of Ian Wright getting abused by a young fella from Tralee who was p1ssed and sent him messages on Instagram?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭rightmove

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Very bizarre that the media are largely ignoring it.

as per other poster=>

"This truly is shocking. If it not obvious to everybody at this stage, RTE only cover the news stories that they can use to create their own story of life in Ireland. So, they will cover the Trey letter story, because they want to paint all Irish people as being racist. And they will not cover the Carrigaline story as they don't want us to know that there are serious issues about the massive numbers of angry, violent young men that we are importing from other countries."

Is it only black people that are victims of racism in Ireland? I suppose that's racism squared in a way

PieOhMy wrote: »
    15 out of 100 is 15%. Top notch

one large and 5 small please Carol

nintchdbpict000000078994-e1478640705774.jpg

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Is it only black people that are victims of racism in Ireland? I suppose that's racism squared in a way
    wheres the Indian restaurant owner from Carlingford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

This is NOT a discussion on racism

This truly is shocking. If it not obvious to everybody at this stage, RTE only cover the news stories that they can use to create their own story of life in Ireland. So, they will cover the Trey letter story, because they want to paint all Irish people as being racist. And they will not cover the Carrigaline story as they don't want us to know that there are serious issues about the massive numbers of angry, violent young men that we are importing from other countries.

We seem to have have made the same mistake as over the water in creating ghettoes, and I’d say there will be worse to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Afro Celt? that's a new one for me. The naming alone is a whole minefield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

cozar wrote: »
    why is RTE avoiding the Carrigaline story?
    Ongoing criminal investigation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm guessing by the frequency, or lack thereof, of posts that it's a crap show today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'm guessing by the frequency, or lack thereof, of posts that it's a crap show today.

A one-way "discussion"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I never knew Mattie McGrath was black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did RTE have a single black presenter during the 70's and 80's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,250 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

rightmove wrote: »
    as per other poster=>

"This truly is shocking. If it not obvious to everybody at this stage, RTE only cover the news stories that they can use to create their own story of life in Ireland. So, they will cover the Trey letter story, because they want to paint all Irish people as being racist. And they will not cover the Carrigaline story as they don't want us to know that there are serious issues about the massive numbers of angry, violent young men that we are importing from other countries."
    Ok so seemingly a guy was stabbed as he wouldn't handover money (2 euro for a bus..ffs).

Horrendous no doubt about it, where is the evidence though that it was racially motivated? Maybe let the gardai look into it? People may well be looking for an angle on a horrific attack that isn't there.

It is being extremely well covered papers wise.

I was slashed in the face with a stanley knife and called a fagg#t while walking home at night minding my own business and it didn't get a byline anywhere bar a random story in the journal. So attacks like this happen a lot in ireland some get coverage some don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Afro Celt? that's a new one for me. The naming alone is a whole minefield.

Did Joe come up with that?

There was a London band called the Afro Celt sound system in the 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,786 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Did RTE have a single black presenter during the 70's and 80's?

Yep

Kevin Sharkey

Mad as a brush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

He's not a Chinese guy playing for Wexford - he was born in Wexford FFS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement