Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I suppose Ray will be taking over the race baton toll 4.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sarcozies wrote: »
    Joe just saying he doubts that any white people have been the victim of racism in Africa.

The man asked to host a topic on racism just said he doesn't think white people have been discriminated against on a continent with 1.2 billion people.

Brilliant.

I spent some time in India with work. You can bet your backside I was racially abused. The locals look at white people like we're sh*t on the shoes. Did I ring Sanjay Gupta in de local radio station in Bangalore to complain? Did I f*ck.

I went to a different Jesuit School so to speak as they say in a different part of de country on account of my mixed upbringing so to speak as they say. Born in Dubalin fo sho, but well travelled is I sez I both home and away and dat.
    "Mixed upbringing"

Are you a "half caste', as they say?

I spent some time in India with work. You can bet your backside I was racially abused. The locals look at white people like we're sh*t on the shoes. Did I ring Sanjay Gupta in de local radio station in Bangalore to complain? Did I f*ck.

Ah but India is very #unwoke so to speak

Actually in Africa most people I met we’re extremely gracious, polite, quietly spoken, always responding when you thank them “It’s a pleasure ma’am” Always smiling, always seem delighted to meet you.

• Advertisement

bigroad wrote: »
    Leo lives close by.

Carpenterstown Road, caller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Like what?

Didn't even occur to me to make that comparison.

Now to get down to a bit more painting so to speak. Wat colour you ask? I have no colour prejudices, whatever paint I’ve de most of left as de art shops haven’t been
    open so to speak. Would you believe dat painting tends to be #unwoke as white is de colour you need most of and black de least of.

What colour is the colour?

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Mixed upbringing"

Are you a "half caste', as they say?

Only insofaras kneedur of me parents is from Dubalin originally (you can't say dat - anymore!) so to speak as they say AND then I had to emigrate to Galway so to speak as they say and go to a school dat dough Jesuit in nature wasn't fee-paying (the horror!) as me parents were trendsetters in getting separated and later first in line to get divorced when de country allowed dat. Throw in some time en Fwance so to speak too as a teenager and dat led to de mixedness and me difference so to speak.

• Advertisement

"Suckin' on chili dogs outside the Tastee Freeze" so to speak as they say.

POSSIBLY (but unlikely) on twodaze show:
    Toppling of racist staute so to speak as they say. James Brennan was the sculptor and he's from Slane - is he a racist too? Any relatives can call in to defend this racist.
    Statue of John Russell, IRA member and Nazi Sympatiser so to speak Wat should we do wit it?.
    Did you win de Frerrari? Call us. Day 5 in a row of dis subject in de promo and not covered on de show - is dis a record?
    Irish but of colour, lets talk of colour so to speak as they speak.
    Mr. Duffy wishes everyone would stop being racist - but not on FunnyFrydays as that's only a joke so to speak as they say - and anyway, de Chinese aren't black so to speak.

Defin-eye-telly not on twodaze show:

"New Irish"- are they doing enough to integrate peacefully so to speak as they say?
    Black teens stabbing white teen in Cork - whoy?
    Social distancing at BLM marches - dat's fine so to speak as de virus will respect the marchers.

Not much covered as usual from de promo.

Serious question though - is 5 days in a row being mentined on de promo and not being covered on de show a record for a topic so to speak as they say?

Massive fire at the recycling plant in Sligo town. Spreading towards a fuel depot as we speak, so to speak.

I was there only half an hour before it started. Who should I call? Joe or Katterdinn Thomas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sligojoek wrote: »
    Massive fire at the recycling plant in Sligo town. Spreading towards a fuel depot as we speak, so to speak.

I was there only half an hour before it started. Who should I call? Joe or Katterdinn Thomas.

Fair oul puff from it so to speak...
    https://twitter.com/condohphoto/status/1270035884587565057

Might need to get Red Adair on the blower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Most exciting thing to happen in Sligo since???? :D

Only insofaras kneedur of me parents is from Dubalin originally (you can't say dat - anymore!) so to speak as they say AND then I had to emigrate to Galway so to speak as they say and go to a school dat dough Jesuit in nature wasn't fee-paying (the horror!) as me parents were trendsetters in getting separated and later first in line to get divorced when de country allowed dat. Throw in some time en Fwance so to speak too as a teenager and dat led to de mixedness and me difference so to speak.

My grandparents beat dem to de separation, back in 1950s so to speak, but because if de shame my grand mudder pretended to be a widow, even to her grandchildren although my faaaader and mudder told me de truth. Dey had opposite personalities so to speak, my grandmother was a battle-axe like me (but only a battle-axe to her husband, I’m an all-round battle-axe) and he being very introverted, he used to hide in de garden shed, smoking his pipe. My cousins grew up thinking der grandfaaaader died young, when he died after our Nana. It caused some shock and disbelief.

Del.Monte wrote: »

It’s blowing in de direction of Sligojoe’s house!

Not much covered as usual from de promo.

Serious question though - is 5 days in a row being mentined on de promo and not being covered on de show a record for a topic so to speak as they say?

No caller, many a time a topic is raised and never covered. De person Fungus called sometimes changes der mind altogether after showing some initial reluctance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Her loife’s woke work to cure de whites so to speak.

she's like a modern St Patrick, coming as a missionary to preach the Bad News

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Jaysis, 2020 is becoming apocalyptic alright, imagine we lost Sligo! Was thinking of heading that way for the staycation unless I can get out foreign come August. Does that make me racist Joe?

Del.Monte wrote: »

A fella got punched in de face by a ne’er do well last year but de Gardaí said in court dat de ne’er do well didn’t punch anyone so who knows? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

mojesius wrote: »
    Joe's part indian so he can empathise

Born a stones throw away from The taj mahal legend has it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Syl Fox now on Claire Byrne Loive.

At first glance I read that as:
    Syl Fox now on Claire Byrne

And I was thinking to myself he's at it again, allegedly, but then I saw de "Loive" and de wurldid was at peace again so to speak as they say.

Is dare any update on de foyre from de Sligo coddlespondent?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

How am I going to choose which one of the 15 kids gets fed on any givin day if I can’t do it the way I always don it.

Eenie, meenie, minie mo. Catch an ****** by the toe. If he hollers, let him go. Eenie, meenie, minie mo.

Is dare any update on de foyre from de Sligo coddlespondent?

I was in town earlier and there was just a white plume coming up. All under control. If it had reached the fuel depot it would have been serious. Massive anounts of heating oil agri and road diesel, petrol, coal gas briquettes etc

This was taken from my mother in law's after it started.

515748.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Interesting the way the white smoke and the black smoke don’t mix. The white smoke is been chased by the black smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Interesting the way the white smoke and the black smoke don’t mix. The white smoke is been chased by the black smoke.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭plodder

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Haha. very good.

Just to add, I don't often get to hear the program but I heard the end of it yesterday and thought it was fantastic radio. Listening to the voices of the callers you visualised a white Irish person, but some of the stories were horrendous, particularly the last one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement