Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Interesting the way the white smoke and the black smoke don’t mix. The white smoke is been chased by the black smoke.

#blacksmokematters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Perhaps Funny Friday will feature...

Comic Relief, will bring the cream of Irish comedy and entertainment together to raise a laugh, as well as much-needed funds for the Irish charity sector on Friday, June 26.

Hosted by Deirdre O'Kane, Nicky Byrne, Jennifer Zamparelli and Eoghan McDermott

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0609/1146299-rte-announces-emergency-comic-relief-fundraiser/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Comic Relief, will bring the cream of Irish comedy and entertainment together to raise a laugh, as well as much-needed funds for the Irish charity sector on Friday, June 26.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0609/1146299-rte-announces-emergency-comic-relief-fundraiser/

Sounds dreadful one to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

THE HORROR, THE HORROR...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,126 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Mixed upbringing"

Are you a "half caste', as they say?
    Whacker: are yew a pieball bud ?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Historybluff

plodder wrote: »
    Just to add, I don't often get to hear the program but I heard the end of it yesterday and thought it was fantastic radio. Listening to the voices of the callers you visualised a white Irish person, but some of the stories were horrendous, particularly the last one.

I agree. The testimonies were quite powerful. They show that there is a problem with racism in Ireland, which I hadn't realised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Updated / Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 10:23
    RTÉ Does Comic Relief takes place on Friday, June 26 from 8pm

RTÉ, in association with Comic Relief, will bring the cream of Irish comedy and entertainment together to raise a laugh, as well as much-needed funds for the Irish charity sector on Friday, June 26.

Hosted by Deirdre O'Kane, Nicky Byrne, Jennifer Zamparelli and Eoghan McDermott, the night promises to bring together the very best of Irish entertainment for a number of good causes.

You can expect performances and appearances from a whole host of Irish stars including Dara Ó Briain, Hozier, Amy Huberman, Chris O'Dowd, Jason Byrne, Normal People's Paul Mescal and Daisy Edgar-Jones, Andrew Scott, Nathan Carter, Niall Horan, Paul Howard, the RTÉ Concert Orchestra, Soulé, Lenny Abrahamson, Zig & Zag, Christy Moore, The Derry Girls, and many, many more...

@RTEOne
    . @DeirdreOKane1's powers of persuasion are strong, the line up for #RTEComicRelief is unreal 👏@daraobriain, @WeeMissBea, Derry Girls, @BigBoyler, @thejasonbyrne and so many more!

Let's raise more than a smile for Irish charities on Friday, June 26th

9:10 AM - Jun 9, 2020

See RTÉ One's other Tweets
    Having worked with Comic Relief previously on the highly-successful Paddy's Night In Support Of Comic Relief shows at the 3Arena, Deirdre O'Kane has used her time in lockdown to bring Comic Relief to television in partnership with RTÉ.

Speaking about RTÉ Does Comic Relief, O'Kane said: "After three years of fantastic live fundraising events, it's so exciting to be bringing this to TV for the first time in Ireland with RTÉ.

"I'm in awe of the response we've already received from comedians and performers and the incredible efforts our partners at RTÉ and the Community Foundation for Ireland have put in to make the show happen.

"It's going to be a memory-making night that'll raise serious funds to help people who need it most as a result of Covid-19."

John McHugh, Group Head of Entertainment, RTÉ added: "We want to raise a smile as well as much needed funds in one very special night. We want to thank the public for staying in so far and remind people that staying in still matters.

"We want to celebrate the front-liners' contribution and raise much-needed funds for a range of charities that are struggling to provide their services, as their fundraising activities have been severely hampered".

The show will be broadcast live from RTÉ studios from 8pm on RTÉ One, with links to Irish talent across the country and further afield.

RTÉ and Comic Relief's charity partner for the event is The Community Foundation for Ireland, who will distribute the funds raised.

One of Ireland's leading philanthropic organisations with extensive expertise in grant-making in Ireland, the Community Foundation for Ireland was established in 2000 and has a strong working relationship with over 4,000 non-profit organisations at a national, regional and local level throughout Ireland.

Not that I was going to watch anyway (other than possibly to see how bad it would be), but the thought of Woke McDermott telling me that as a white man everything wrong in the world today is my fault is not something I'll be tuning in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

oh christ wat a line up my dead dog is vomiting as i speak

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Wonder will the Duffy charm offensive continue with an appearance. Emphasis on 'offensive'.

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Jaysis, 2020 is becoming apocalyptic alright, imagine we lost Sligo! Was thinking of heading that way for the staycation unless I can get out foreign come August. Does that make me racist Joe?

Don’t even think of going forden PC, Sligojoe will put ye up, fees & water ye-he lives in an idyllic spot. Maybe Shane McGowan might arrive & serenade ye, ya never know in dat household.

Eoin is WOKE BOSCO

oh christ wat a line up my dead dog is vomiting as i speak

Wat was de dog's name?

Toosday

1) raceism - yung peeples
    2) discrimination form day one, who owns the half cast baby
    3)no one to mind the childer - full fees, hr want you back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm Irish but I'm not white. Young people ringing in.

Sara's son born to white mother and black father. Racism at birth.

Childcare post lockdown. Creche fees up front.

Single parent has no child care but HR insisting she goes back.

"half a wurldid away" - as Mr. Duffy is most days when he's supposed to be listening to callers.

POSSIBLY (but unlikely to be) on twodaze show:
    "Well they're not half a wurldid away, but they are" sez Mr. Duffy.

Incredible young peeple talk about racism in Ireland - but not about FunnyFryday...I wunder WHOY?

Childcare post lockdown so to speak. Creches re-opening at de end of de month. Full fees upfront so to speak as they say.

Yewman Resources puttin pressure on a mudder to return to wurk and dat. WHOY?

No Ferrari talk twoday.

LEGS 11 NO 11

LEGS SHARON STONE ETC

AN ALLTIME MB BEST EVER QUOTE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Best about the comic relief thing will be the thread about it here on boards.

# anothershakedown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

# anothershakedown

Yes some posters might want to take out inshurdance on their 42inch flat screen for 'accidental damage' uncured during the broadcast so to speak.

# anothershakedown

There might be some bans handed out dat night so to speak.......

Mr. Duffy will make an appearance I'll bet, the ego won't allow him not to. Likely will offer a signed copy of wan a de bukes to de highest bidder. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,830 ✭✭✭buried

I'm going to guess the number of times Joe sighs the word "God" to 45

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    I'm going to guess the number of times Joe sighs the word "God" to 45

Only matched by the number of:
    • Whoys
    • Wows
    • be-be-be-because of de colour of yer skin?

A simple email to a simple man from anywhere in de wurdeld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,518 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Simple email for a simple man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,518 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Compelled

Tough word alright Joe. Well done.

I felt compulsed...comp....comp....compelled

• Registered Users Posts: 9,830 ✭✭✭buried

A bunch of out of control Dublin childers, sure they would never do anything to anyone

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Her mother is half Italian half african and dad is Irish. So shes 1 quarter black.

pbp want columbus torn down in galway clowns part of history they will have me to deal with if they try it

• Advertisement

stick it in blog post missus, Liveline is for serious issues like dodgy roofers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement